Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Violent by Design

Re: Suggestions for next war

Quote Originally Posted by KazuhLLL View Post
    EDIT: And btw, another part of the TU will be allowing us to disable instaspawn in custom games, so hopefully we'll make that happen
    Currently we can use a variant of the AGL New Jersey settings in which they edited the new team doubles gametype which has a delayed spawn. It can be edited to conform with current Conflict settings. This is redundant, however, as it's peace time and the TU is due before I anticipate the war starting again.

Violent by Design

Additionally, I'd like to see AAs removed from starting loadouts and either acquired from drops on the map, or through ordnance. This would help the flow of some maps, especially the remakes of older maps that weren't designed with balance toward jetpacks etc. Part of what defined the better players on the older maps were their knowledge of jumps and using those to their advantage whilst in the heat of a battle.

Also, either, increasing minimap range and showing allies only, or decreasing minimap range and showing enemies + allies. Part of the reason people find the bolt shot incredibly overpowered is because you can literally set your shot up, and start your BS charge before the enemy has even rounded a corner.

Implementing a score limit in some gametypes (Conflict, Extraction, Oddball), as well as the 15min time limit, would make for some closer games, and also deter from destroying morale of teams that may be getting crushed 200-30 or so in Conflict type games.

Also a nitpicky suggestion; In conflict I'd like to see the kill score go from 10 to 1, purely because it makes a quick glance at the score a bit easier to take in on the fly.

These are all just suggestions, I know some people may disagree with some, or all, of them. From my experience playing all sorts of variations of gametypes these are the things which I have noticed add a bit more depth to the game.

@MIXES
    The way we have Blue Split up is Battalions>Companies>Squa ds

If most of the people in the mix are a part of the same company they should be called that company.

If most of the people are just scattered we should just call it the battalion name instead.

I believe REDD has done this with Phoenix Fire.

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: kazinsser

Quote Originally Posted by bl4yze View Post
    ...increasing minimap range and showing allies only...
    That is the single biggest change that I have always wanted in FC. (Not necessarily the show-allies part, but the no-enemies part.)

I know many dislike no-radar games, often because of their MLG ties, but in my opinion it was always the single most effective thing that MLG did that promoted teamwork over individual skill. Not being able to rely on your radar means that you're forced to rely on your teammate's callouts which is something that can change a chill, no-contest type of match to an edge-of-your-seat one.

That being said, I highly doubt we'll ever remove radar for FC gametypes

(inb4 "Go play MLG, then" comments)

Rocket Whore
    The Imperial Phoenix
    Professional Teabagger
    Blog Posts

We only consider a unit a mix if 50% or less of the members are in the same unit. If it's a mix of guys from the same Platoon (let's say some from VbD & some from Rogue) we put the Platoon's name. If it's a mix from 2 platoons within the same battalion we put the battalion name (this happens most often with Resistance). And if it's just a big clusterfuck of people from multiple battalions (REDWATCH, Phoenix Fire, or Resistance) all together then we list it as REDD Mix.

Violent by Design

That is the single biggest change that I have always wanted in FC. (Not necessarily the show-allies part, but the no-enemies part.)
    The only reason I say show allies is for the "On my X" callouts that were popular in older Halo games, as there is no "X" per-se on-screen, there is on the minimap, which would make this callout more viable.

I know many dislike no-radar games, often because of their MLG ties, but in my opinion it was always the single most effective thing that MLG did that promoted teamwork over individual skill. Not being able to rely on your radar means that you're forced to rely on your teammate's callouts which is something that can change a chill, no-contest type of match to an edge-of-your-seat one.

That being said, I highly doubt we'll ever remove radar for FC gametypes

(inb4 "Go play MLG, then" comments)

Go play MLG, then

no, but, allies only radar suuuuucks. It throws you off badly, i'd rather have no radar.
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

classifying mixes really isn't a big deal, or should not be. The rotation system is what should be improved/fixed. Pour your energy onto that, then worry about the small things.
    "Let Them Hate, So Long As They Fear"

-ZERO SHOTS MISSING-

WH PS ICoH CM DS S EB VC IV

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: kazinsser

Quote Originally Posted by bl4yze View Post
    The only reason I say show allies is for the "On my X" callouts that were popular in older Halo games, as there is no "X" per-se on-screen, there is on the minimap, which would make this callout more viable.
    I know that's why MLG was testing it, but like this guy said:

Quote Originally Posted by silversleek View Post
    no, but, allies only radar suuuuucks. It throws you off badly, i'd rather have no radar.
    The first time I used ally-only radar screwed me up big time. I know once you play a few games of it, it's fine but that goes right back to the "smoothing-the-transition" issue I talked about up above. If there were no radar at all it would immediately communicate that you cant see enemies, as opposed to new recruits having to figure it out or be told before the match.

Rocket Whore
    The Imperial Phoenix
    Professional Teabagger
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Guzzie View Post
    classifying mixes really isn't a big deal, or should not be. The rotation system is what should be improved/fixed. Pour your energy onto that, then worry about the small things.
    This. There were way too many dirty moves done in this last war. By BOTH sides.

Thread Information