Re: Xbox 720 and PS4 This Year!

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Sapien View Post
    *looks at wallet*

The Voice of Reason
    Skynet's Army
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Abrupt View Post
    Yeah, I know. That is very cool. Probably will be used for the apps more than the actual games.

I am still debating on getting both consoles. Then I think about buying one game twice... What is the point?
    Console exclusive games

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut9473 View Post
    Console exclusive games
    ^ Killzone 4 looks great

I was born Awesome.
    Everything I do is Awesome. Anything I touch is Awesome.
    I didn't choose the Awesome Life.
    It chose me

The Voice of Reason
    Skynet's Army
    Blog Posts

Yes. Yes it does

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: kazinsser

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut9473 View Post
    A while ago people were saying that a new 720 is supposed to cost less than a new 360
    Well MS seems to be practically scrambling for money nowadays, so it's possible that they'd try selling the consoles are waaay under manufacturing costs and then make up the money in their cut from game sales. Cheaper console = more people who own it = more games bought for it.

FC Podcast Co-Host
    Useless without Jam

It's rumored to just be called Xbox, which is lame and makes discussion require more clarification since we've already had an Xbox. Seriously, I'll be pissed if it isn't called the 720....

"Toast was a pointless invention from the Dark Ages. Toast was an implement of torture that caused all those subjected to it to regurgitate in verbal form the sins and crimes of their past lives. Toast was a ritual item devoured by fetishists in the belief that it would enhance their kinetic and sexual powers. Toast cannot be explained by any rational means.
    Toast is me. I am Toast."

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KazuhLLL View Post
    Well MS seems to be practically scrambling for money nowadays, so it's possible that they'd try selling the consoles are waaay under manufacturing costs and then make up the money in their cut from game sales. Cheaper console = more people who own it = more games bought for it.
    ...Not sure how they are scrambling for money when the 360 was the top selling console in the world since December of last year

But I see where you are going with that... chances are though the 720 (or whatever it will be called) will be about $400, and the games will still be around $60... maybe up to $70.

Iv made my decision and im buying both... 720 first, then PS4... unless theres a long gap between each release, then PS4 might be first

I was born Awesome.
    It chose me

Quote Originally Posted by Toast78901 View Post
    It's rumored to just be called Xbox, which is lame and makes discussion require more clarification since we've already had an Xbox. Seriously, I'll be pissed if it isn't called the 720....
    I've heard that they will be going the way of Apple as well (just calling it the "new iPad"). If they called it 720, that would require that the continue doubling up each time, eventually reaching levels of Xbox 1440 and weird numbers like that. I'm not sure they would want to, especially considering at all of the more recent events they just have "Xbox" on their signage instead of "Xbox 360".
    Former Field Marshal and General of the BLUE Army
    The Undisputed "Race" Champion of the Forerunner Conflict's 8th Anniversary Celebrations

Click here to buy some awesome apparel! Half of the profit from FC-related swag goes right back to FC!

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

Hey, so I was looking up to see if Microsoft has said anything about the 720 or even their reactions to the PS4... then I saw this...

Xbox 720 Announcement in April?

Kinda figured Microsoft would say something or say when their announcement would be within atleast a week of the PS4 reveal. Seems i'm right ^.^

I was born Awesome.
    It chose me

FC Podcast Co-Host
    Useless without Jam

Quote Originally Posted by Maxdoggy View Post
    I've heard that they will be going the way of Apple as well (just calling it the "new iPad"). If they called it 720, that would require that the continue doubling up each time, eventually reaching levels of Xbox 1440 and weird numbers like that. I'm not sure they would want to, especially considering at all of the more recent events they just have "Xbox" on their signage instead of "Xbox 360".
    I don't care what they name the one after this upcoming one. I just really want a 720. And a handheld called the 180.

"Toast was a pointless invention from the Dark Ages. Toast was an implement of torture that caused all those subjected to it to regurgitate in verbal form the sins and crimes of their past lives. Toast was a ritual item devoured by fetishists in the belief that it would enhance their kinetic and sexual powers. Toast cannot be explained by any rational means.
    Toast is me. I am Toast."

Thread Information