View Poll Results: Should we do commentary over battle films?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, and I even volunteer to do the commentary!

30 47.62%
  • Yes, do some commentaries!

31 49.21%
  • No, just raw gameplay plz, kthxbye

2 3.17%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Website Administrator
    Skynet is PARTIALLY ACTIVE
    RIP Cyberdyne
    RIP Net of the Sky

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: Mythonian

Battle Film Commentary?

So I'm going to be uploading another 3-5 films over the next week or two, and I was wondering what you guys felt in terms of possibly commentating over it, or whether it should just be the raw gameplay?

The last (and only) commentated game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgCy_...A31A0&index=12

(NOTE that future commentaries would be properly synched up)

Anyway, I want your opinions!
    Having trouble on the site? Need an Admin?
    PM me or Metkil5685, we're always online...

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: kazinsser

Re: Battle Film Commentary?

I tend to like commentaries more than raw gameplay. Often when it's just the game sounds I stop watching the game to go play it myself lol.

Of course live voice capturing is the most ideal, but that rarely happens :P

Rocket Whore
    The Imperial Phoenix
    Professional Teabagger
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KazuhLLL View Post
    Of course live voice capturing is the most ideal, but that rarely happens :P
    I agree.

And I'm not the best at commentating but I'd give it a shot, hell even a dual commentary would be awesome if both commentators had a chance to meet/watch the video before recording. That being said I also don't mind raw gameplay videos.

Blog Posts

It depends, sometimes I like commentary and sometimes I feel like just watching the gameplay (the best though is hearing the ingame communication! :P I know that can only be possible if recorded while actually playing though). I say maybe do half and half with it? Half of the uploaded ones do commentary for and the other half don't. Commentary has to be good though, I don't know if there would be enough to talk about during the whole 15 minute match besides "oh REDD is winning now, oh now BLUE is."
    Last edited by VerbotenDonkey; 02-22-2013 at 05:48 PM.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

I VOULENTAR! But it will probbalu be turibal.

I can't help but I notice the lack of VBD content in the videos. Now that I got that out of the way, Commentating would add to the videos and draw more viewers in , making it possible to make the the community bigger.

Livestreams
    View Channel: Yehsus

Would love to comment.

et ducit mundum per luce

Quote Originally Posted by UnfoldedFreedom View Post
    I can't help but I notice the lack of VBD content in the videos. Now that I got that out of the way, Commentating would add to the videos and draw more viewers in , making it possible to make the the community bigger.
    Most of the games Myth uploads are close games. Maybe if you guys tune it down a little bit you can make the game seem closer than it already is. lol

Website Administrator
    Skynet is PARTIALLY ACTIVE
    RIP Cyberdyne
    RIP Net of the Sky

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: Mythonian

Quote Originally Posted by UnfoldedFreedom View Post
    I think this is the only game that had VbD in it that was uploaded: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hgbh...CA31A0&index=9

Also, as Blackhawk says, we try to upload close, intense games most of the time. So if you have any of those, be especially sure to get someone to save them.

Save your films, put them on your fileshare, and tell me about them. I don't think I've got any VbD films right now at all, so be sure to give them to me if you want them uploaded.
    Having trouble on the site? Need an Admin?
    PM me or Metkil5685, we're always online...

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk570 View Post
    Most of the games Myth uploads are close games. Maybe if you guys tune it down a little bit you can make the game seem closer than it already is. lol
    I try to tell guzzie to make it close for the DRAMA but he justs says im crazy. i dont get it lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    I think this is the only game that had VbD in it that was uploaded: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hgbh...CA31A0&index=9

Also, as Blackhawk says, we try to upload close, intense games most of the time. So if you have any of those, be especially sure to get someone to save them.

Save your films, put them on your fileshare, and tell me about them. I don't think I've got any VbD films right now at all, so be sure to give them to me if you want them uploaded.
    Vbd video can be a learning experience for FC instead of intense games : D. And im not even in that match, so you cant call it vbd. LOLOL

Thread Information