View Poll Results: Battle Nights for next war.

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep it Sunday

11 73.33%
  • Change to Satuday

3 20.00%
  • Change to Friday

1 6.67%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Posts

Friday or Saturday Battle Nights?

Now..
    I know that battle nights are Sunday and have been for 2 Years. And before we all start trashing this thread because it's in the common suggestions Please hear me out.

Literally 80-90 percent of my squad is NOT available on Sunday night. this includes new recruits. I know that 1 squad isn't a good enough reason to change a long tradition. However, wouldn't it be pretty sweet if we didn't have to deal with the whole"Its Sunday and we all have school and work tomorrow" feeling?

Anyways, I'm just throwing it out there as a suggestion.. That is after all what this Forum is for.. If it doesn't fly, then it doesn't fly.

Thanks,

-Z-

Re: Friday or Saturday Battle Nights?

Im not going to vote mainly because Im in your squad. So I want all our members to be able to participate. But at the same time, I wouldnt mind it staying on sunday.

Actually, the Sunday time is meant to dampen that "end of weekend" feel so we go out with a bang rather than laying around waiting for walking dead all day.

The extreme problem with Friday and Saturday night that just makes those times unable to work, aside from the already established date of Sundays, is that most/a lot of people go out on Friday and Saturday nights, and simply wont stay in every week to play halo. Not many people go out on Sunday nights drinking or on a date, they stay in and rest before the week starts, and FC makes that a bit more eventful on a night we all usually stay in.

Personally though I have work Saturday nights. A lot of people have altered their schedule to fit FC, and altering FC to fit other people's schedule is a huge slap in the face to them.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet
    FM For 6 wars spanning 3 generations

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ixHeavyArms View Post
    Im not going to vote mainly because Im in your squad. So I want all our members to be able to participate. But at the same time, I wouldnt mind it staying on sunday.

Vote or die Mother F****r.... vote or die..

Nah all good man. And i agree. I personally could give a shit less what day it is, I just get the feeling that we wont have a full team (6v6 or 8v8 which was most of the last war) and it would be mildly pointless to participate.. i know the feeling of getting put with other members of FC that ive never played with and getting put against an organized squad. Not to mention its because of this that 2 people now have quite FC. Either their squad was too big and they were the 7th or 9th wheel or there was no one else online and wound up getting put as a fill in with no prior communication or practice involved.
    This can problems and lessen moral for new recruits that have yet to play in a war.. personally i was in BP through out the entire last war and dont think that i ever played with a full BP team on any battle nights... it was always a mix.

that sucks, my vote is sundays becuz it's the only day I have off and can actually play =/

Blog Posts

Its been Sunday WAAAAY longer than 2 years, just letting you know.

Anyway, I vote for sticking with Sunday. Its a good way to ease into the week, and I personally enjoy ending my weekend with battles. Plus, it's much easier to hold practices on Friday/Saturday for the battles, then having Sunday would just be a waste day lol.

Also, people go out on Saturday nights.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Founder of Forerunner Conflict
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    Its been Sunday WAAAAY longer than 2 years, just letting you know.
    Haha, try more like almost 8 years . It's ALWAYS been Sunday since 2005 for the exact reasons stated above. People go out Friday and Satuday nights (I mean, if really wanted the battles to be on Saturday then I condone you for your commitment, but the rest of us want to actually go out sometimes XD). Mondays-Thursdays are normally busy week days where most of us are in school/college/work, so that just leaves Sundays. Sure there are some people who unfortunately won't be able to make it, and we sincerely apologize but since the vast majority of FC can do Sundays, thats why we use that day.

FYI, we once tried doing Wednesdays for a few weeks...it didn't work out to well.

I created Hill 30

Violent by Design
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy View Post
    Actually, the Sunday time is meant to dampen that "end of weekend" feel so we go out with a bang rather than laying around waiting for walking dead all day.

The extreme problem with Friday and Saturday night that just makes those times unable to work, aside from the already established date of Sundays, is that most/a lot of people go out on Friday and Saturday nights, and simply wont stay in every week to play halo. Not many people go out on Sunday nights drinking or on a date, they stay in and rest before the week starts, and FC makes that a bit more eventful on a night we all usually stay in.

Personally though I have work Saturday nights. A lot of people have altered their schedule to fit FC, and altering FC to fit other people's schedule is a huge slap in the face to them.
    I agree, Sundays I can play all day and recover from my hangover.

"i wouldn't have known about the 0 spread DMR if it wasnt for CnB training" ~ Blayze
    "nothing like butt sex with a lip of dip" ~ Blayze

Lore Author
    Spartans Never Die
    Facta Non Verba
    Winter Is Coming
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: ighosthammeri

Chances of it changing from Sunday are as good as me sprouting wings...

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zucav View Post
    Now..
    ...And before we all start trashing this thread...

-

Thanks guys.

Thread Information