Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    FC Podcast Co-Host
    Useless without Jam

Re: Assassins Creed IV?

Quote Originally Posted by Graycochea View Post
    Also, Desmond was already an Assassin, he just didn't have the skills because he left home as a teenager and never learned them, which is why they put him in the Animus. That's why they introduce the father.
    I know he was; what I had meant in my post is we never really got to see him in action as an assassin. And we sure as hell didn't get to see him as the main focus of a game in terms of the action. I didn't mean to imply that he wasn't one from the start.

"Toast was a pointless invention from the Dark Ages. Toast was an implement of torture that caused all those subjected to it to regurgitate in verbal form the sins and crimes of their past lives. Toast was a ritual item devoured by fetishists in the belief that it would enhance their kinetic and sexual powers. Toast cannot be explained by any rational means.
    Toast is me. I am Toast."

I wasn't disappointed by the lack of Desmonds story, I never felt the main focus of the game was on him. His story seemed fine to me and you did get to play as him as an Assassin, albeit very little, the last mission with him was cool. You went on a freaking rampage and killed everything.

Also, my reaction to the end of every Assassin's Creed game:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Time of Recruitment: 8/2/2006, 7:33 PM PDT

FC Janitor
    #RIPHarryTheChin
    #RIPClearSh0t
    Blog Posts

Everyone wanting a WWII game, a ship game. I'm just over here waiting for the American Civil War were you play in the decisive battles of Gettysburg, Bull Run, Pittsburgh, and do missions for the South and assassinate Lincoln cause he's a templar and frame John Wilks Booth for it. That would be fun to me, also some strategic playing possibly and iron clad fighting. And maybe have a scene of you playing as the characters father fighting in the Texas Revolution at the battle of the Alamo (Most because I'm from Texas and love my state)

Sounds like a good place to start on a game, just me though.
    U.S. Navy
    Quote Originally Posted by Jam Cliché View Post
    The Janitor God has no birthday. The Janitor God is forever.

FC Podcast Co-Host
    Useless without Jam

Quote Originally Posted by zZ Dr K Zz View Post
    I wasn't disappointed by the lack of Desmonds story, I never felt the main focus of the game was on him. His story seemed fine to me and you did get to play as him as an Assassin, albeit very little, the last mission with him was cool. You went on a freaking rampage and killed everything.

Also, my reaction to the end of every Assassin's Creed game:
    Desmond was the core of the storyline. All other playable characters were merely conduits for Desmond's fate. They all had a hand, but they were not who the series was about. This is even highlighted whenever Ezio encountered any of Those Who Came Before (ie. Juno, etc). That was even one of the main focuses of Ezio's (and in turn Altair's) ending in Revelations. They were merely go betweens. Not to say I didn't like them; Ezio is hands down my favorite person in the series. But I recognize that the series was, at its core, about Desmond.

"Toast was a pointless invention from the Dark Ages. Toast was an implement of torture that caused all those subjected to it to regurgitate in verbal form the sins and crimes of their past lives. Toast was a ritual item devoured by fetishists in the belief that it would enhance their kinetic and sexual powers. Toast cannot be explained by any rational means.
    Toast is me. I am Toast."

Reclaimer of the Mantle Graycochea's Avatar

If they made a Civil War game where you played for the Confederacy, I wouldn't play it. Also, there was no battle in Pittsburgh, Gettysburg was the only battle in the North. Once we beat the Confederates there, they retreated into the South and never came back. I think you're thinking of the Battle of Shiloh, which took place on Pittsburg Landing, in Tennessee.
    Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    Well, guess I'll refer Gray then.
    Quote Originally Posted by W3z4b1 View Post
    Gray for FM
    "Full circle. A new terror born in death,
    a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend."

FC Janitor
    #RIPHarryTheChin
    #RIPClearSh0t
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Graycochea View Post
    If they made a Civil War game where you played for the Confederacy, I wouldn't play it. Also, there was no battle in Pittsburgh, Gettysburg was the only battle in the North. Once we beat the Confederates there, they retreated into the South and never came back. I think you're thinking of the Battle of Shiloh, which took place on Pittsburg Landing, in Tennessee.
    I now my battles, I'm a war buff...O_o don't question my knowledge.
    U.S. Navy
    Quote Originally Posted by Jam Cliché View Post
    The Janitor God has no birthday. The Janitor God is forever.

They will never make a civil war game, it would be to half and half. World war 1 and World War II I can't wait, making hitler take the cyanide by shoving it down his throat, and then leaving before the Russians could find th body.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    All thugz of tha Forerunner Conflict hood is sposed ta fuckin know n' KNOW every last muthafuckin thang contained within these Accords. Ignorizzle is never a acceptable excuse.

WHY YOU GOTTA BE SO RUDE?
    DON'T YOU KNOW I'M A PENGUIN TOO?

[6:22 PM] JEWmanji33: "wrap your tool"

ACIV Confirmed; More info on the 4th: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/n...medium=twitter
    Former Field Marshal and General of the BLUE Army
    The Undisputed "Race" Champion of the Forerunner Conflict's 8th Anniversary Celebrations

Click here to buy some awesome apparel! Half of the profit from FC-related swag goes right back to FC!

ACIV Release Date and new image leaked: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/n...medium=twitter
    The Undisputed "Race" Champion of the Forerunner Conflict's 8th Anniversary Celebrations

Click here to buy some awesome apparel! Half of the profit from FC-related swag goes right back to FC!

Re: Assassins Creed IV

Thread Information