Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Cthulhu Cultist
    Blame Canada
    The Cake is a lie
    Blog Posts

Longtime favorite movies?

So lately I have been feeling a nostalgic. Going through and playing games I haven't played in ages, catching up with friends I haven't talked to in years, and in general reflecting on my life. But mostly enjoying some of my all time favorite movies.

So what a some movies that you enjoy, even after years of watching them and why?

For me my number one favorite movie of all time is one from my childhood. I used to watch it so often that my parents would actually have to hide the VHS from me for nine months of the year. I'm of course talking about Nightmare Before Christmas. It's just a movie that holds a special place in my heart. Jacks face also happens to be on a beanie that I wear all the time. I do need to pick up the Blu-ray of it that has the intro song by Marilyn Manson.

So what are some movies that you all still enjoy after possibly hundreds of times watching it?

Al Capone111 doesn't do what Al Capone111 does for Al Capone111.
    Al Capone111 does what Al Capone111 does because Al Capone111 is Al Capone111.

I'm not an asshole, I'm just not afraid to say how I feel.

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

Re: Longtime favorite movies?

Star Wars was the first movie I actually ever saw... watched Star Wars before Rugrats and all that other shinanigan shows durring the early 90's. Just grew attatched and never let go to it.

Starship Troopers... I love this movie. Can watch it at any time. Im always down to watch this movie. Acting was great, and come on.... NPH

and i completly forgot and thanks to everyone else below for mentioning it... Die Hard.. mainly just the 1st one... the other ones didn't really live up to the first one in my opinion, but all are good... still want to see the new one
    Last edited by bazongaman502; 02-27-2013 at 02:21 PM.

I was born Awesome.
    Everything I do is Awesome. Anything I touch is Awesome.
    I didn't choose the Awesome Life.
    It chose me

Reclaimer of the Mantle Graycochea's Avatar

My all time favorite movies are:

Toy Story
    The Nightmare Before Christmas(I'm not just going with the crowd)
    Gladiator
    The Breakfast Club(I once watched this movie 4 times in one day. My mom made me delete it cause she thought it was having a negative impact on my life)
    And of course Star Wars, which I believe was the first movie I ever saw also.
    First R-rated movie holds a spot also, but I don't remember what it was. I've narrowed it down to being one of two. The Godfather or Die Hard

Alright good talk.
    Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    Well, guess I'll refer Gray then.
    Quote Originally Posted by W3z4b1 View Post
    Gray for FM
    "Full circle. A new terror born in death,
    a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend."

ah the good days when we were young and didn't have a care in the world.

Favorite movie? God there were so many that I can't remember them. However as I look around my room, I find this piece of nostalgia laying about. Digimon: The Movie. I remember watching this on DVD a few months ago and just started remembering the good times I had. Actually, now that I think about it, this, pokemon, and sailor moon (I was a kid for fucks sake!) that got me into anime....damn.

Now in terms of video game nostalgia I have this one piece that I must refer to cause this game literally changed my life (yes a video game can change your life). Lunar 2: Eternal Blue for the PS1, probably the greatest game I have ever played of all time. When I was in 7th or 8th grade i met my best friend as he was new to the area. I came over one day to see what games he had. And I saw Lunar: Silver Star Story (prequel to Lunar 2) on the PS1. Unfortunately the disc was so scratched that we could barely play it. When I heard that there was a sequel, I literally begged my mother to get it for me for my birthday, little did I know that it cost around $100-$200. It was well worth it in the end. I literally played the shit out of it making it to the final boss....and then my save got deleted. No words could describe how pissed off I was, I stopped playing after this happened. Now I look at this game and say "I have to play this".I could rant on how awesome this game is but that would take up five pages at least.

But yeah awesome times I had over the years, and more to come!!
    *cough* Elder Scrolls Online *cough*

Founder of Forerunner Conflict
    Blog Posts

Saving Private Ryan, Anchorman, Ghostbusters, Back to the Future 2, All Indiana Jones movies, Jurassic Park, BASEketball, Return of the Jedi, Happy Gilmore, History of the World Part 1, South Park movie, Shawshank Redemption, Heavyweights, Space Jam, Die Hard 1 and 2, Rocky IV, One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest, Terminator 2, Caddyshack, Clerks, and American Pie.

I created Hill 30

1: Starship Troopers
    2: V for Vendetta
    3: Die Hard (franchise)
    4: Wanted
    5: Fight CLub

REDWATCH VETERAN

The Warriors

Enter the matrix: this is definitely in my top 3, watched this movie and instantly fell in love with it.

star wars: who doesn't love the star wars movies?

Blood and Chocolate: not as popular of a movie as I was expecting it to be, still one of my favs though!
    Until I make something better...you get to look at this

Animus 4 Ever
    SpcX
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: jamidj

any Will Ferrell Movie,

Elf,
    Stepbrothers,
    Anchorman,

All great
    ۰۪۫J۰۰۪۫a۰۰۪۫m۰۰۪۫i ۰۰۪۫e۰۰۪۫D۰۰۪۫ J۰Purple Army Elite Trooper
    What We Do In Life, Echos in Eternity.

Hard Boiled
    The Replacement Killers
    Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
    Anything with Jet Li in it
    The Godfather series
    All the Bond films
    Fight for no one's sake... Only for something deep in your heart, for only those who are willing to die should be the ones to kill.

Thread Information