Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Member Spotlight: Toast

(Toast and his Lady Friend^)

Profession: Student

Famous Quote: Puuuuurrrrrrrr tick tick tick

Favorite Single Player Game: Whatever the next Fallout or Elder Scrolls game is xD

Favorite Multiplayer Game: Halo for now /eyes my Destiny poster

"The Interview"

Q:Congratulations on becoming the next member to be featured. Why do you think you have been graced by the spotlight?
    A: Most likely because I caught your fancy after that game night we shared. After all, I'm featured in your signature now. Or it's just because I'm sexy. Either one's fine by me.

Q: Toast. It is a simple breakfast food. You put the bread into the toaster a PRESTO! You got Toast. I personally love to spread Nutella all over toast in the morning, (sounds kinky) what is your favorite spread and why?
    A: I hate Nutella with a passion; if I wanted frosting, I would just get frosting. Legit chocolate-hazelnut spread is good though. But as far as toast goes? Butter, hands down. It's simple and tastes good. But don't get me started on toasters.... Those things are completely irrelevant...

Q: Why Toast!? WHY? Don't you like bagels?
    A: I do like bagels, but they are too much of a hassle. You've got to cut them or split them apart to toast them. Then the outside becomes waaaaay to hot and burns the shit out of your hands. And to top it off? You HAVE to put cream cheese on it. Long story short, I didn't want my gamertag to represent something that was that much work.

Q: Okay, enough about toast. Why did you join Forerunner Conflict? Have you made any Friends?
    A: To be honest, I got tired of playing with randoms. I mean, I know we all were randoms at some point, but they piss me off. No strategy, no communication, and they haven't learned to not run straight into a shotgun yet.... So, I needed somewhere to go. I've been best friends with Gunny for about 5-6 years now and always knew he was part of FC. I always was hessitant to join though. I felt as if I would be encroaching into his gaming life and into something that was just his "thing". But, my annoyed self soon could no longer stand not being a part of something bigger. So, while at his house in December, I signed up for FC and became known as Toast (despite Gunny's pleas to go back to my old tag >.>). But yes, I have made lots of friends. At this point I've almost maxed out my XBL friends list with FC members, all of which I play with when given the chance. I would go through individual shoutouts, but it would take up too much time and space. Except for this one: Love you Plat! And Gunny too... I guess...

Q: How long have you been a part of our community now? Do you have any long term goals with FC? Explain your intentions mysterious wonder bread!
    A: I've only been with the community since December, and didn't even get active until January. But I feel I've gotten off to a good start. I'm already the CO of the Lost Remnants (formerly Blue Berets for those of you reading who don't know). And I won't stop there. I plan to keep rising the ranks, and most likely shoot for FM of B.L.U.E. one day. I've already got a spokesperson/announcer for my future campaign. /cue Lol Itz James shouting Toast for FM 2014!

Q: So, Let's get personal! If that is alright with you of course. What are your real life goals? Do you think FC will hamper or help with them in some way?
    A: My goals currently are to keep applying to better universities in the NYC area, move there next year with my girlfriend, and eventually get my B.A. in Philosophy. /cue loling at Liberal Arts major. I'll most likely end up going higher and Master in some branch of Philosophy (I'm currently leaning towards the Philosophy of Science), and I'll most likely end up teaching at a university and writing my own philosophic discourses. Other than a happy life doing what I love in NY with the love of my life? Not much. I'm shooting for staying with FC as long as life allows me to, which should be quite a while; I don't ever plan on quitting gaming. Both gaming and FC will help me achieve my future goals; a guy needs some kind of decompression after all. And since I'm ardently against drinking or smoking (just for myself and in terms of the principle of it guys; I'm not preachy so don't worry lol), looks like FC will be my way to unwind from the pressures of everyday life.

Q: Describe your boot camp. We all had one. I want to know if it was anything like my old boot camps back in the day.
    A: There was me and a couple guys all getting bootcamped and processed at once. Death758 was running it. We got told how FC works, ran an obstacle course, and shot plasma coils at a firing range. It was nothing like the old ways of having a recruit crouch 1000 times to test discipline (Information from Gunny; if it's wrong, burn him at the stake, not me lol)

Q: Does this Vader Mask make me look fat?
    A: That's a trick question. The only response that can get me out of your trap is: I don't know. Does this crust make ME look fat?!??!

Q: OK. I always ask this question. If you were the Field Marshal of an Army for a week, what would you do?
    A: Honestly, I would run it similar to the way in which I've seen Phoenix run B.L.U.E so far; I'd be very on top of things, including talking to COs, making sure recruits are getting processed, and ensuring all rosters are up to date myself. Not to say that I wouldn't allow the people I put in place to do their jobs; just that I'd be very hands on and structured. There would be systematic reports on a weekly basis from anyone with a position or job that warranted one (ie. COs/XOs, Head DIs, etc.), just to ensure that I was on top of everything going on in my army. Not to mention the time I would put in planning out squad rotations and squad specialties with the rest of my HC to ensure the most effective battle plan going into the next war. My main goals would essentially be efficiency, effectiveness, and leading whatever army I was FM of (cough, cough, B.L.U.E) to victory.

Q: Your favorite sci-fi Move? What would it be and why? (star wars)
    A: Star Wars is up there, with me ranking the prequels as better movies than the original trilogy ("OMG NO WTF?!?!?1 SACRILEGE!!!!" <--- How I hear all of FC reacting), but I would have to say my favorite Sci-Fi movie award goes to Slaughterhouse Five. Literally just for the line, "I’ve visited thirty-one inhabited planets in the universe, and I have studied reports on one hundred more. Only on Earth is there any talk of free will." Being a Philosophy student, as well as someone who has always been very philosophic, this movie and book are like a treasure trove for me. Amazingly fun to analyze, to consider the possibilities, to question just how much we think we know, or understand or what the words and ideas we use really mean. *sigh* I could go on forever about that stuff.

Q: Here it is! The moment you have been waiting for. This is your message to send to the entire community! What is it?
    A: I love all of you. R.E.D.D. or B.L.U.E., you're all FC. And you guys have given me some of the best experiences of my gaming career (one that has lasted 15 years already; I started real young) in just a matter of a couple months. I plan on staying here for quite a while to not only be enriched by all of you, but also to do whatever I can to make FC strive to even greater lengths. All of you deserve all of the thanks I can muster. Also, I challenge any of you guys out there to prove me wrong when I say I have the longest hair in FC (I'm just curious if I'm the only one with long locks lol) Oh, and by the way: TOAST FOR FM 2014!!!! Or sometime sooner if the opportunity presents itself xD

Re: Member Spotlight: Toast

Shoulda interviewed dat lady friend instead.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet
    FM For 6 wars spanning 3 generations

Banned BANNED USER
    Blog Posts

Congradulations Toast. Some interesting stuff dude. Always nice to get to know people more.

Blog Posts

Toast, you kinda look like one of my room mates. Do you play drums?

Awesome interview, as always!
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

I think his photo was photoshopped.
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

FC Podcast Co-Host
    Useless without Jam

Quote Originally Posted by silversleek View Post
    I think his photo was photoshopped.
    My uncle is the photographer who did the shoot. He used Photoshop for a bit of fun editing and color correction, but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    Toast, you kinda look like one of my room mates. Do you play drums?
    I've wanted to drum for years. Never had the cash to get a kit xD

"Toast was a pointless invention from the Dark Ages. Toast was an implement of torture that caused all those subjected to it to regurgitate in verbal form the sins and crimes of their past lives. Toast was a ritual item devoured by fetishists in the belief that it would enhance their kinetic and sexual powers. Toast cannot be explained by any rational means.
    Toast is me. I am Toast."

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: kazinsser

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy View Post
    Shoulda interviewed dat lady friend instead.

Lore Author
    Spartans Never Die
    Facta Non Verba
    Winter Is Coming
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: ighosthammeri

Rocket Whore
    The Imperial Phoenix
    Professional Teabagger
    Blog Posts

I have family in Sacramento, it's a nice city.

and LOL Ghosthammer.

FC Podcast Co-Host
    Useless without Jam

Quote Originally Posted by UNLUCKY NUM13ER View Post
    I have family in Sacramento, it's a nice city.

and LOL Ghosthammer.
    lol, I can't wait to get out of Sac. Can't stand it here xD

"Toast was a pointless invention from the Dark Ages. Toast was an implement of torture that caused all those subjected to it to regurgitate in verbal form the sins and crimes of their past lives. Toast was a ritual item devoured by fetishists in the belief that it would enhance their kinetic and sexual powers. Toast cannot be explained by any rational means.
    Toast is me. I am Toast."

Thread Information