Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Metroid: Other M

Sooo.....yea this game came out recently for the Wii, anyone planning on getting it? Supposedly game is good but it has flaws like the game has very lengthly cutscenes that cant be skipped, as well as not so great graphics.

Metroid Game Review
    Last edited by IX Dr Doom XI; 08-30-2010 at 11:01 PM.

LocoCrazy
    I personal am addicted to the Metriod Prime series. I loved it, there was very little wronge with it. Then Team Ninja had to add their spin on things.....i dont like the looks of this at all. Samus herself looks smaller and more tiny. She actulay looked like a badass in the MP series.

Team Ninja fucked with the Vaira Suit and made it look small. Its cool how there are Federation Soldiers that you can interact with just like in MP3 Corruption but they look complelty diffrent.

I just hope to god the Space Pirates, Ridely, Metroids are untouched. I also hope the fact that Samus IS Human but raised by Chozo's is brought up.

I heard this game was like,

really, really, really bad.

RvBR/FC Veteran. 7 years

Its not bad, just really really different from the metroid prime series on the gamecube, which in my opinion is the best modern day version of the old sidescroller

LocoCrazy
    The Prime trilogy kicked some serious ass. The bosses, the upgrades, the story. All of it! My alltime favorite wepon/upgrade was the Wave Buster for the Wave Beam in Metriod Prime 1. My favorite boss was Ridley in the first game or the Metroid Prime.

Best suits are:
    Phazon
    Light

Or there is always the Zero Suit....*thumb up*
    Last edited by LocoCrazy; 09-01-2010 at 12:48 AM.

I like how everyone in this thread is coming the game to GCN and up. No true Metroid fans round here eh?

Loco the reason the Varia looks so small, is because its not the Varia suit. That's just plain ole power suit (or from what I've seen thus far).

All the bad acclaim I've heard is from butthurt metroid fans who think this was too far a departure from the series. Only real downsides I've heard is that the voice acting takes some getting used to and the cutscenes are not skippable. Other then that, I've heard it's a really fun game. I'll be picking it up here pretty soon.

(also Super Metrod, or GTFO. Best Metroid game in the series)
    Photobucket is garage, sig coming eventually.
    Need an Admin? Contact me, I am always around.
    "Metkil is the best admin ever" - Silko 2015
    "metkil is god, metkil is life" - Guzzie 2016

LocoCrazy
    Metkil. I'm talking "current" Metroid games. If you want to go that far back then Super Metriod indeed. I am a Metroid fan but I'm not saying Other M is bad. I simply stated that in my opinion I think the Prime series will forever and always kick modern Metriod games asses.

Also, good point of the Vaira/Power suit deal...cant believe I forgot that.............

Blog Posts
    I still play Super Metroid from time to time.

I haven't even touched the 3rd Metroid because I don't own a Wii. I still remember beating the 1st Metroid Prime for the GC. I felt so awesome.

My Desk

"A rank is only as respectable as the man who holds it."

Quote Originally Posted by LocoCrazy View Post
    Metkil. I'm talking "current" Metroid games. If you want to go that far back then Super Metriod indeed. I am a Metroid fan but I'm not saying Other M is bad. I simply stated that in my opinion I think the Prime series will forever and always kick modern Metriod games asses.

Also, good point of the Vaira/Power suit deal...cant believe I forgot that.............
    Prime was sexy... It's the reason I kept my gamecube... that and Supa Smash Bruthaz!

WHOOOOOROOOO OOORHHOOOO
    Redd and Blue vet

I like how the game looks but, I do not have a Wii.
    I still maybe need to actually play though Metriod Prime on my GC.
    >_>

Also, isn't Other M like, the original Metriod but overhauled completely? The story line is like, the same.
    You want me to put a microphone in?
    No. Fuck you.
    Story behind me and not using microphones on XBL.
    • Original Xbox: The clip kept breaking when I am not rough. And wires.
    • Xbox 360: Fucking wires fuck up. Screw it. I am not using/buying another one.

Thread Information