A red hatchback was smashed aside at Cody pushed the hummer faster towards the hospital, swerving through abandonned and crashed vehicles alike. He powered past a burning, overturned semi and smashed into a stumbling woman wearing a night gown. The one armed lady managed a growl as she went flipping over top the hummer and smashed to the pavement head first, turning her head to paste.

He turned onto the freeway and was relieved to see a rather long stretch of empty road. With rush hour over when the events unfolded, not many had been able to get onto the freeway out of the city. He exhaled, just noticing he had been holding his breathe. He keyed his radio.

"This is Commander Shaer, come in CGH, over."

A womans voice broke through the static. "Commander this is CGH go ahead."

Cody looked at the girl curled up in the passenger seat weeping. "CGH be advised I am en-route with one female civiian, eta fifteen minutes, over."

"Rodger Commander, I'll alert the chief, out."

Cody placed the handheld back onto the clip on the dash and was about to speak to the girl when he heard a growl. Turning the girl stared at him throught red eyes, the blood on her shirt darker than before. She lunged at Cody from the passenger seat.

Cody shot his hand out, catching the girl under the chin as he pushed her snarling face away from him. He struggled to keep the hummer on the road but the girl was too strong. He released the wheel and shoved her back against the passenger window and drew his pistol.

He fired a pair of quick shots, smashing into her throat and nose, sending gore all over the drivers cabin, her esophagus pumping up blood. Cody quickly garbbed the wheel and tried to turn back onto the road but it was too late.

Cody managed to swerve past the overturned car but clipped the side of a truck. His hummer vaulted into the air and flipped, barrel rolling a few times down the road untill landing on it's roof and skidding down the road.

Cody blinked, now fully aware of what happened, and unclipped his seat belt. He closed his eyes and took a moment, recalling his morning up to the crash, happy he had a small moment of peace admist the chaos. Alright let's get moving again he thought as he crawled out the driver side window, thankfully when he moved nothing hurt too much.

He checked his surrounds, a few cars sat empty, a few burned, but what caught his attention was the amount of blood that pooled on the pavement and the lack of bodiesthat accompanied it. A screech in the distance caused Cody to hustle to the trunk. The lift gate jammed, he withdrew his ASP batton and smashed the back window, sending glass everywhere.

He yanked out the weapons case and kicked it open. Checking his surrounds, he yanked out the Benelli M1014 and bandolier of shells. Clipping the bandolier over his shoulder, and slinging the powerful shotgun, he grabbed a pair of magazines to replace the ones already spent, and a pair of flares which he tucked into his duty belt.

A screech from behind him brought Cody spinning about, shotgun raising as a pair of undead came charging at him from an abandonned mini van. The first thing stumbled and tripped over a piece of debris and fell. Cody pumped the shotgun and fired.

The heavy 12 gauge shot blasted the woman in half, sending her sailing backwards with a yelp as the first thing got to it's feet. Cody refreshed the chamber and fired again, turning the man's head to mush as brain and bone exploaded into the air.

Cody's radio cackled to life and a familiar voice came through. "Commander Shaer? Cody? Come in, over!"

Cody lowered the shotgun and grabbed his handset. "Go ahead Al, I'm here, over." Cody barked as more moans and screches erupted at the sound of the heavy pump gun.

"Your hummer GPS has stopped moving, are you ok?" Al said clearly out of breathe, his heavy panting, "We've just lifted off, the forest is full of these things. We just heard what's happening in the city, it's everywher, over.

A series of gunshots ahead of Cody made him snap his head up and start a slow jog. "Rodger that, I could use a ride, I'm just west of my hummer, I have shots fired ahead of me, could be some of our members. I'm on my radio, out." he finished as he heard an explosion followed by automatic weapons fire He slung the shotgun and pushed his pace, recognizing the sounds from his days in Khandahar.