View Poll Results: High Command battles FTW?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I want my leaders to duke it out when there's a tie

17 54.84%
  • No, I'd rather determine tiebreakers another way

14 45.16%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Useless without Toast Jam Cliché's Avatar
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: jamcliche

Re: Standardize Tiebreakers

Quote Originally Posted by silversleek View Post

tiebreakers with the teams that tied and if one team can't make it, go to this idea? have the restriction for "can't play again in a tiebreaker this war" go only to the picks, of course, so that the tied teams can face eachother worry free. If picks are short, go to high com
    Oh for sure, I would not allow the rule for your idea inhibit the rule of replays. And I like prioritizing it in that order, too, cause it means later in the war the HC gets more involved, but early on, it's all about some visceral matchups.

Real power comes from the man next to you and is built on the foundations of brotherhood and unity. There is no such thing as a one man army.

Blog Posts

I'll just throw this out there.

When there was a tie before, it would automatically go to the defending team.
    The idea was that unless your map was taken from you in a battle, you still held your ground. A tie is still a stalemate, not a victory or loss.

Blog Posts
    Livestreams

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhawk View Post
    I'll just throw this out there.

When there was a tie before, it would automatically go to the defending team.
    The idea was that unless your map was taken from you in a battle, you still held your ground. A tie is still a stalemate, not a victory or loss.
    It works on paper, but the battles would be less fun when an army knows they are basically down by 1 victory by default. Having the defending team pick the gametype is already good enough as a defensive measure.

Real power comes from the man next to you and is built on the foundations of brotherhood and unity. There is no such thing as a one man army.

Blog Posts

My opinion? Hc battle like have before or silver's idea. This whole best v best idea has always caused drama in past wars.

REDD or BLUE Resistance comes through!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    Silko isn't an innate troublemaker, and doesn't intentionally break the rules.
    Co-Founder of the Resistance
    Undefeated on Reach

Violent by Design
    Blog Posts

CnB vs whatevre reds you have.

But in all seriousness I like both ways. The old way is something for HC to look forward too. I would have have HC have the major voice in this.

"i wouldn't have known about the 0 spread DMR if it wasnt for CnB training" ~ Blayze
    "nothing like butt sex with a lip of dip" ~ Blayze

Quote Originally Posted by Silko View Post
    My opinion? Hc battle like have before or silver's idea. This whole best v best idea has always caused drama in past wars.
    yeah vanquish would just beat everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

i like silver idea but for the whole war is a little to much maybe one or two games that cant be in that are tiebreaker
    Last edited by UnfoldedFreedom; 07-29-2013 at 01:03 AM.
    HighLight is the best player in vbd.

http://fcwars.net/forums/image.php?u=1093&type=sig  pic&dateline=1375446743

Blog Posts
    Livestreams

Hey, everyone, thanks for your responses on High Command battles and tiebreakers.

Myth has forwarded Silversleek's idea to the War Council for voting. The idea of a recycling list of players for tiebreakers eliminates problems of stacking the HC or giving one army a guaranteed tiebreaker win with "best vs. best".

I'm sure the WC will come out with its decision or work out the results into the FC:Rec3 Rules of Engagement.

Thread Information