Help! Xbox Streaming: Elgato or Hauppauge?

I'm leaning towards the Elgato Game Capture HD, even though the Hauppauge HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition is on sale at Amazon right now because the Elgato has flashback-recording and doesn't require a metric ton of cables like the Hauppauge does.

What are your opinions on these devices?

How do you set up a microphone so that when you stream/record your in-game chat is recorded along with your teammates' chatter?

Any and all opinions are appreciated.

Also, check out my gaming channel for PC awesomeness including but not limited to BF3, TF2, and Splinter Cell: Blacklist!.
    Thanks!!
    Former Field Marshal and General of the BLUE Army
    The Undisputed "Race" Champion of the Forerunner Conflict's 8th Anniversary Celebrations

Click here to buy some awesome apparel! Half of the profit from FC-related swag goes right back to FC!

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: kazinsser

Re: Xbox Streaming: Elgato or Hauppauge?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxdoggy View Post
    How do you set up a microphone so that when you stream/record your in-game chat is recorded along with your teammates' chatter?
    Many streamers have a standalone mic sitting on their desk or something nearby to record themselves. I've heard this is a good one to use: http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Microphon...all+microphone

Quote Originally Posted by KazuhLLL View Post
    Many streamers have a standalone mic sitting on their desk or something nearby to record themselves. I've heard this is a good one to use: http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Microphon...all+microphone
    I would need a microphone then that reaches like 10 feet (as where I sit to game is about that far away from my computer). Lol.
    The Undisputed "Race" Champion of the Forerunner Conflict's 8th Anniversary Celebrations

Click here to buy some awesome apparel! Half of the profit from FC-related swag goes right back to FC!

Website Administrator
    Skynet is PARTIALLY ACTIVE
    RIP Cyberdyne
    RIP Net of the Sky

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: Mythonian

Quote Originally Posted by KazuhLLL View Post
    The Blue Snowball is what I use, and it works well, but keep in mind it picks up every little sound in the entire room. It's great if you need multiple people speaking into the same mic, but if you want to avoid background noise get the Blue Yeti instead.
    Having trouble on the site? Need an Admin?
    PM me or Metkil5685, we're always online...

Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    The Blue Snowball is what I use, and it works well, but keep in mind it picks up every little sound in the entire room. It's great if you need multiple people speaking into the same mic, but if you want to avoid background noise get the Blue Yeti instead.
    I'll think about it. Thanks for the input, gents.

Any input about the capture cards, though?

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: kazinsser

Quote Originally Posted by Maxdoggy View Post
    I'll think about it. Thanks for the input, gents.

Any input about the capture cards, though?
    I dont really know enough about either of them, but the fact that the Elgato doesnt need a dedicated power supply seems like a pretty big plus to me. Theory has the Hauppauge so maybe you should ask his opinion on it.

Re: Help! Xbox Streaming: Elgato or Hauppauge?

I haven had any issues out of my HD PVR Gaming Edition 2, and as for cords It's on 3: Power, HDMI in, and HDMI out. A big plus for me with it is the on device one hit button to record which means that I don't have to start it up from my PC, The application doesn't have to be opened for it to stat recording since it will open it up automatically when you start recording. I paid $186 when i bought mine 2 months ago and i couldn't be happier with it except the price haha but its worth it. I'll take some pictures of the Interface and the device to show you how it looks if you want.
    SyjRyfp

Quote Originally Posted by HC Theory View Post
    I'll take some pictures of the Interface and the device to show you how it looks if you want.
    This I would appreciate. Thanks for your input, good sir!

Elgato is the best and far most the easiest capture card I've ever used, seriously you plug it in and it just works. It records in a great resolution, and like I said it just works so easily. If you have the money go for it.

REDWATCH VETERAN

I just went ahead and ordered an Elgato. Thanks for all of the input and help, everyone!!

Thread Information