Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep it to the 15min time limit

14 53.85%
  • Reduce it to a short time: like 10 mins or so

5 19.23%
  • Change it to a set score limit and keep the 15 mins

6 23.08%
  • Change it to a set score limit and reduce the time of the match to 10 mins or so

1 3.85%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Change the traditional 15min time limit to something else?

I will agree that if you aren't actively participating in the wars, you have no business voting on how the wars are conducted.
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

Quote Originally Posted by silversleek View Post
    I will agree that if you aren't actively participating in the wars, you have no business voting on how the wars are conducted.
    This and I would also suggest that you must be active in a war for a month before being allowed to vote. Applies to new recruits.
    "Gamers always believe that an epic win is possible and that it's always worth trying, and trying now."

This should've been in place a while ago. Would've settled many other things much fairer

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spartanbh View Post
    The reason I'm strictly against a score limit is because it goes against the foundation of FC and why we created this community: To simulate a war-like experience as well as to escape matchmaking. Including a score limit essentially pushes us closer to becoming simply like gamebattles & matchmaking.

As I said, we created FC to be a war-like experience. Sometimes in war there are battles where some armies that get wrecked, some are balanced, there are comebacks, and sometimes there are surrenders. Including a score limit would reduce many types of potential comebacks. I have been on all sides of battles in my time here, and I strongly believe a score limit would severely damage the foundation that FC was built upon.
    We need to evolve. Rather than live in the past.

I have a better solution tbh. Rather than have the time limit, just replace it with a score limit. It brings a real war aspect in where (like said earlier) a squad reaches the goal. It's more war-like that way than to have a time limit and no score limit
    You are not a godless fucking moron
    You are still a moron but not a godless fucking one
    - Silko, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Solus Exsequor View Post
    I have a better solution tbh. Rather than have the time limit, just replace it with a score limit. It brings a real war aspect in where (like said earlier) a squad reaches the goal. It's more war-like that way than to have a time limit and no score limit
    Until there's that one neverending game of Liberation where neither side can capture the other sides flag. You need to have a counterweight to these things
    "Gamers always believe that an epic win is possible and that it's always worth trying, and trying now."

Obviously things like flag have to have it due to one flag etc
    You are not a godless fucking moron
    You are still a moron but not a godless fucking one
    - Silko, 2016

Elite BLUE Veteran
    Spirit of Hope
    Vacuus Quietis
    Psalms of Planets
    Blog Posts

Thanks for the feedback

The poll is closed, WC will have meeting on it sometime this week so we can change this upcoming Battlenight

Don't worry we know who voted in the polls.
    "I bought a xbox one to watch my team suck in HD"

Remember
    RedWatch

DarkSail Raiders
    Apple Fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by NervyDestroyer View Post
    This and I would also suggest that you must be active in a war for a month before being allowed to vote. Applies to new recruits.
    New recruits should be allowed to vote. They are playing; they shouldn't be prevented from expressing their opinions and voting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NervyDestroyer View Post
    Until there's that one neverending game of Liberation where neither side can capture the other sides flag. You need to have a counterweight to these things
    How can you have a counterweight when squads are equally matched? What solution would prevent games from staying tied 0-0?

Quote Originally Posted by Houdini View Post
    How can you have a counterweight when squads are equally matched? What solution would prevent games from staying tied 0-0?
    I think Nervy was thinking about having a game end in a Tie versus having a never-ending match.
    Former Field Marshal and General of the BLUE Army
    The Undisputed "Race" Champion of the Forerunner Conflict's 8th Anniversary Celebrations

Click here to buy some awesome apparel! Half of the profit from FC-related swag goes right back to FC!

Honestly I feel we should test this out! It would be great to not have landslides in games for those teams having trouble. I am leaning on a scoring side but If time is reduced that is fine as well. I agree with what Barry stated though have a higher score limit than regular matchmaking game types.

Quote Originally Posted by Houdini View Post
    New recruits should be allowed to vote. They are playing; they shouldn't be prevented from expressing their opinions and voting.
    Then at least apply it to FM elections. Honestly, recruits don't know anyone but their squad leader. If their squad leader happens to be running regardless of who it is, it can cause others to get upset and feel cheated. It was a problem, a lot of people got salty, this is an easy fix to keep the peace. It's not like a month is that long...
    Last edited by NervyDestroyer; 07-29-2015 at 08:57 AM.

Thread Information