• Solus Exsequor

20 32.79%
  • WSxPhoenix

41 67.21%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Founder of Forerunner Conflict
    Blog Posts

Exclamation Field Marshal Elections. Read before Voting.

ROCK THE FC VOTE 2015

HELLO EVERYONE! As announced on Monday, this is Forerunner Conflict's Community-Wide Neutral Field Marshal Election. We have four (4) very strong candidates who are in the running to be the next two Field Marshals of Forerunner Conflict. Remember, it is up to you, THE FORERUNNER CONFLICT COMMUNITY, to decide who the two best qualified persons are for the job of Field Marshals for the next era of FC in Halo 5. Some things to consider before voting:

1. You must vote for TWO (2) candidates. No more, no less.

2. The candidate who receives the most votes has the opportunity to choose which army he would like to take control of.

3. The candidate in second place becomes Field Marshal of the opposing Army.

4. These candidates are completely neutral, in that their first and foremost allegiance is to Forerunner Conflict's core foundation. Army comes second.

5. We highly encourage you to do your due diligence in selecting the next Field Marshals of Forerunner Conflict. With this being a neutral vote, we expect the community members to remain as neutral as possible as well in terms of voting. Please do not vote purely based on personal relationships or squad affiliations. You should want to have the best FC-minded individuals in charge!

6. Once the elections are finished, it will be up to the Field Marshals discretion of what happens next in terms of army balance and numbers. There is some possibility that once the candidates are voted in, there will be some serious shuffling of squads and members around, so please understand that if you are voting for a particular member, there is still a chance you may not end up under him in his army.

7. The election will end September 13th, 2015 at 11:59:59PM EST

So without further ado, I would like to introduce the candidates for the Field Marshals position for the first war of Halo 5! These candidates are posted alphabetically by Gamertag.

Metkil5685
    Most recent rank in Forerunner Conflict: B.L.U.E. Field Marshal
    Highest held rank in Forerunner Conflict: Field Marshal
    Speech:
    Eight years. Eight years I have been in Forerunner Conflict. Five of those years I have served as the Webmaster for Forerunner Conflict. I still remember the battles I fought back in Red vs Blue: Retaliation. I still remember the squads I have fought alongside with and considered my virtual brotherhood. I remember what Forerunner Conflict was.

Was is strong word. Implying that Forerunner Conflict is no longer what it was. While some may think this is true, others feel this just the progression of the community. It's my belief that in the recent times, we have strayed a far from the core of what Forerunner Conflict is.

I've always strived to keep the core values of Forerunner Conflict, while still keeping things modern enough to attract and retain the new generations of gamers that come with each passing year. The problem is that I have been just a shadow in the background. Just some entity that makes things happen on the website. Sometimes would whisper insight into those in leadership.

Back in December of 2014, I decided that if I was to truly be a Webmaster or more importantly, a member of the community, I needed to get back in the Battles. Here I am, 10 months later, looking at what Forerunner Conflict has become. For the most part I am proud the improvements we've made. Even more so considering the state of Master Chief Collection. The fact that we have endured this era of troubles is a sign that we are a strong community and that we have a recipe for success.

However, I see the community slipping as well. Straying too far from the core values of Forerunner Conflict. The intensity of Battle Nights. The excitement of victory in overwhelming odds. Forming relationships that can only be forged in the heat of battle.

That's my goal now as I run for Field Marshal. I intend to bring back and reinforce these core values that are starting to be forgotten. I feel that our recipe for success lies with these values as we push forward into a new game, a new era. This all starts at the community level. We will build our community up to great heights, together.

Nicholas Sapien
    Most recent rank in Forerunner Conflict: B.L.U.E. Gunnery Sergeant
    Speech:
    I have basically been in almost every position in an army that can be possibly thought of, I know what is expected of most individuals of every rank in the army and what not to expect from. I have been around for 5 years now and changed my self on a personal level as I watched the community, I have been apart of change as well. The mentality is definitely different from when I first joined, however I won't state why I know it has changed. Our current system in place for the armies is for a larger population which we cannot keep supporting, it needs to change to where it can support our small numbers, while leaving room for us to expand to a much higher population. Instead of having a full High command like I had in my previous time as Field Marshal, it will be reduced to Myself and 1 General, until the need is there to increase the amount needed to continue running the army.

Solus Exsequor
    Most recent rank in Forerunner Conflict: R.E.D.D. General
    Highest held rank in Forerunner Conflict: General
    Speech:
    Hello my fellow Forerunner Conflict Soldiers,

I would first like to personally thank every person who I have had the pleasure of encountering through the journey. It's been a long time since I joined, March 21. 2013, the day before my 16th birthday. In that long time I've been through a total of 8 squads. Ranging from my beginnings in Redwatch and Sparta up to my previous residence in Renegade as Executive Officer. Currently I am Commanding Officer of GHOST Squad and General of REDD Army.

I have slowly risen through the ranks in FC, gradually growing my leadership skills. Within the last war of Halo 4 I had fully recruited every member of a squad and had it up and running within a week. This brings me to my first point, Recruitment. I have previously been a head D.I. I have a plan for recruitment, solving many issues we currently face. Recruitment is something that constantly is a problem, however right now it is heavily needed. All efforts are greatly appreciated as we will be looking for new D.I.s and recruitment teams.

A further problem recurring through this retention of recruits. If elected as Field Marshal I would hope to bring back the feeling of a welcoming army. Greater focus on events such as scrims, and game nights, currently ran by Legendary Nova. This portrays a more welcoming atmosphere. Attending these in our numbers will solidify our group mentality in whichever army I would take charge of. Thus, bringing new recruits into a more welcoming environment.

Many areas within both armies could be filled with all of you willing people out there. Utilising our ranks will be another priority for me, making sure everyone is taking part and playing their role. Filling up the Officer and a Upper a Enlisted ranks will be one of my first moves, using those who are capable to their best ability. Fleshing out these ranks will bring in further leaders, I also plan to implement further bootcamps for Officers, an officer bootcamp.

Fun Facts:

I have been a field marshal, technically twice. Leading the IMC in the Titanfall Sidewars.

I will, if elected become the first British Field Marshal, which may or may not change the position to Prime Minister.

I am Scottish, who wouldn't want to be lead in to battle with this accent, need I say more than the name William Wallace?

I know that right now we are surrounded by many issues, however what I can say is that I will do what is best for FC and not individuals. No individual is bigger than the community. Everything I do will be backed by a democratic vote and it will be what you want. This won't be my army. It will be the people's army. I will not force anyone to do anything they aren't willing to do, this is how we progress through the barriers currently faced.

Also, good luck to my opponents in this election, I greatly respect you all and wish you the best with the results.

Thank you for your time FC,

Solus Exsequor (formerly, ELiTE x TacTiKz)

WSxPhoenix
    Most recent rank in Forerunner Conflict: R.E.D.D. Brigadier General
    Speech:

Who are you?
    I’m WSxPhoenix, I’m one of the oldest members of Forerunner Conflict. I’ve been Field Marshal of both armies at various different points in my career in FC. Most recently, I was an FM in BLUE. However, currently I am serving as a High Command member of REDD. I co-wrote the original Accords and have been participating on and off in the wars since the Halo 2 days.

Why should I vote for you?
    Because I believe in this place. FC has been battered down by low player population and membership for some time now, and I believe I can help the community get mobilized and ready for Halo 5. Halo 5 represents one of the greatest opportunities this community has had for recruitment since Halo 3 arrived. We have a great website with the opportunity to expand what our community offers members. Currently, our major attraction to the site and community are battlenights. I want to expand that to include the RP and adding to the Lore. Additionally, I really want to expand the framework we use under battlenights. I want to help both armies boost recruitment and come up with ways to retain those recruits. I really like the current climate of taking ideas from the community from just about anywhere and seeing if they work. (Houdini has been great at getting these together). I want FC to be a place that builds leaders, that offers a strong alternative to the regular matchmaking environment. A place where people can build media, Forge, submit ideas, and create their own little space in our community. I want to end army partisanship, and I want to get to the point where the average FC member believes in the whole community, not just their army. I want to see a cooperative WC that can build up what we have to best prepare us for Halo 5. I believe in squad culture and helping squads maintain their ties to future recruits. As our numbers grow, I want to really work on the balance experienced on Sunday nights, though I know that will take some time and a lot of effort from both armies to handle. This community means a lot to me, and I truly believe we can work hard to make FC’s best days ahead of us.

Thank you again, community of Forerunner Conflict, for your resilience and dedication to this wonderful community. These past few wars have been a rough ride, but I think I speak for everyone in that we are all very excited to start fresh again for HALO 5! We now will look forward to seeing who our new Field Marshals will be to lead the charge into even more glory and greatness!

Vote Changes:
    9/3 - 1 from Solus to Metkil.
    Last edited by Mythonian; 09-03-2015 at 09:35 AM.

I created Hill 30

Re: Field Marshal Elections. Read before Voting.

Fixed the spoilers so they actually opened.

Good luck to all candidates!

Australia: Where 90% of animals are trying to kill you. The other 10% just do it by accident.

[8:10:37 AM] riphelix: Nova I need too borrow your accent tomorrow please, I got a date and I wanna impress her
    [8:11:07 AM] Nervy: Sex guaranteed!!

Founder of Forerunner Conflict
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Legendary Nova View Post
    Fixed the spoilers so they actually opened.

Good luck to all candidates!
    Thanks Nova! I was having some trouble XD

I created Hill 30

Vote cast.

Hope to see some serious change for Halo 5. Really want things to be fun, balanced, more warlike, and a whole lot less political.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet
    FM For 6 wars spanning 3 generations

Well done to all the candidates, I really had to think about who I wanted to vote for

I'm not active, as such I will not be voting on this poll. Everyone else who reads this, if you aren't active don't vote. It taints the sample. Feel free to show emotional support, but don't come back after being gone for 5+ months and vote. It's not right...
    "Gamers always believe that an epic win is possible and that it's always worth trying, and trying now."

Quote Originally Posted by NervyDestroyer
    I'm not active, as such I will not be voting on this poll. Everyone else who reads this, if you aren't active don't vote. It taints the sample. Feel free to show emotional support, but don't come back after being gone for 5+ months and vote. It's not right...
    Got something to say, say it. The whole "if you arent active with us as of this moment, you're an outsider" mentality pushes more people away from a community that's about more than just the wars.
    Last edited by Anarchy; 09-03-2015 at 01:59 AM.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet
    FM For 6 wars spanning 3 generations

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy View Post
    Got something to say, say it. The whole "if you arent active with us as of this moment, you're an outsider" mentality pushes more people away from a community that's about more than just the wars.
    I think hes asking for people to make a educated vote instead of voting blindly on inaccurate information , bias or what their friends tell them to do. Why have ignorant people vote or people who will not be affected by the change from these votes?

With that being said i think nervy should vote because i believe he has an educated opinion and knowledge on the current affairs of FC.
    Last edited by UnfoldedFreedom; 09-03-2015 at 04:36 AM.
    HighLight is the best player in vbd.

http://fcwars.net/forums/image.php?u=1093&type=sig  pic&dateline=1375446743

Quote Originally Posted by UnfoldedFreedom View Post
    I think hes asking for people to make a educated vote instead of voting blindly on inaccurate information , bias or what their friends tell them to do. Why have ignorant people vote or people who will not be affected by the change from these votes?

With that being said i think nervy should vote because i believe he has an educated opinion and knowledge on the current affairs of FC.

yeah, he left like just before the war ended didn't he? that's hardly long enough to be considered "inactive and unaware of issues."

voted.
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

I won't vote. The reason isn't that I'm only active for a short amount of time but that I don't know 2 out of the 4 people. I think that would make it unfair. I could decide who to vote on by looking at the speeches but that doesn't give me a full image of what kind of person they are.

But anyhow, I wish everyone the best of luck!

Thread Information