Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: New Squad System

Arent there mercenaries in war, what if there where squads that instead of having to be paid for, tranfer them to the army that needs it that way it still feels like a war sim, if we use our imagination a bit then we can at least implement some of houdinis ideas. Imaaginatioon.

Elite BLUE Veteran
    Spirit of Hope
    Vacuus Quietis
    Psalms of Planets
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheenn View Post
    Arent there mercenaries in war, what if there where squads that instead of having to be paid for, tranfer them to the army that needs it that way it still feels like a war sim, if we use our imagination a bit then we can at least implement some of houdinis ideas. Imaaginatioon.
    The idea of mercenaries has been tossed around and disregarded for a long time...since Halo reach, maybe before but the earliest I remember is during the reach wars

I am slightly against it, but it could be made to where I might agree with it.
    "I bought a xbox one to watch my team suck in HD"

i'm down for a mercenary squad, gotta give everyone a lovely experience in FC hehehe.
    HighLight is the best player in vbd.

http://fcwars.net/forums/image.php?u=1093&type=sig  pic&dateline=1375446743

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Sapien View Post
    The idea of mercenaries has been tossed around and disregarded for a long time...since Halo reach, maybe before but the earliest I remember is during the reach wars

Right on man we could do a test run for halo 5 so it wouldn't just be a change made for a war, but a tryout during a beta war or something.

Forerunner of Fire and Divinity PhoenixPrime's Avatar
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: wsxphoenix

Is the goal to provide a consistent experience every week? I personally would be okay with a less consistent experience if it was more fun (or the fun was consistent).

That's precisely it. We want it to be fun, and reliable, and therein lies the problem.

Problem with mercenaries with our current population number is that we just can't handle that much shifting number, coupled with the fact that, should the mercenary squad be really good, an army would be outnumbered AND outgunned quite quickly.

"You must begin by gaining power over yourself; then another; then a group, an order, a world, a species, a group of species; finally, the galaxy itself."

Monday: 4:30-6:30
    Tuesday: 8:00-6:00
    Wednesday: 4:30-6:30
    Thursday: 8:00-11:30 & 3:00-6:30
    Friday: 9:30-6:30

Remember
    RedWatch

DarkSail Raiders
    Apple Fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheenn View Post
    What is the difference between a "freelancer/flexible army membership" and a "mercenary"?

I'm all for both systems but we need to clarify what the difference would be to have a clear discussion.

Remember
    RedWatch

DarkSail Raiders
    Apple Fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by WSxPhoenix View Post
    Problem with mercenaries with our current population number is that we just can't handle that much shifting number, coupled with the fact that, should the mercenary squad be really good, an army would be outnumbered AND outgunned quite quickly.
    I would argue that the current population is exactly the reason why we would need a mercenary system. Last war we had significant issues with players and squads playing for the other army on battle nights because numbers were such an problem.

Some sort of mercenary system would simply codify what conditions would determine which side needed the help instead of more 'panicked' system of "swap colors to the game can start".

Blog Posts

GREEN Army is willing to provide mercenary support for any army for the right price

REDD or BLUE Resistance comes through!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    Silko isn't an innate troublemaker, and doesn't intentionally break the rules.
    Co-Founder of the Resistance
    Undefeated on Reach

Our current population is exactly why we shouldn't do this. I don't see why anyone is suggesting otherwise. At least with standard squad within armies we know which army has what numbers. Mercenary squads will simply just mean that it's easier for armies to lose people.
    You are not a godless fucking moron
    You are still a moron but not a godless fucking one
    - Silko, 2016

Remember
    RedWatch

DarkSail Raiders
    Apple Fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by Solus Exsequor View Post
    Our current population is exactly why we shouldn't do this. I don't see why anyone is suggesting otherwise. At least with standard squad within armies we know which army has what numbers. Mercenary squads will simply just mean that it's easier for armies to lose people.
    I guess I don't really understand this perspective. What would you call the players and squads who would jump armies on battle nights to play for the other army last war? We did temporary transfers last war with the current population, we just didn't have an official system that formally allowed players to play for the opposing army.

I don't see how an "official" mercenary system is any different than the unofficial system we were just using. (Except that it would be standardized and we would be able to more closely ensure fairness.)

Thread Information