Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Re: WC Needs Your Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by UnfoldedFreedom View Post
    Its easy to see only what you wanna see. But VbD has mixed with a lot of squads and we have used a lot of "fillers" since MCC came out and the Halo population dropped. We've even played several 3v4s this war. Its hard to accept people into vbd because we literally talk shit to each other all game and most people are sensitivity or they dont have the same sense of humor as us. Not only that, but we don't practice, at all. No new recruit would want to join a squad and not participate in squad activities. There is no retention in that. Recruits would just get bored. It also makes no sense for us to steal or take another's hard earned recruits.

I also like how you conveniently left out us taking in Md, Blayze and akward. Former squad members of the legendary redwatch.
    I think you're going to have a hard time convincing anyone that VbD has made a genuine effort to fix people not wanting to play against you. Picking up 3-4 people who were above average players when they joined VbD isn't going to help that much.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet
    FM For 6 wars spanning 3 generations

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy View Post
    I think you're going to have a hard time convincing anyone that VbD has made a genuine effort to fix people not wanting to play against you. Picking up 3-4 people who were above average players when they joined VbD isn't going to help that much.
    They actually improved when they started playing with us bud. They were very interested in improving at the game and we helped them. They would ask us to go over their films, and we did. They put effort into improving their skills. Around the same time actually, Corbin (UnfoldedFreedom) and I offered to help the entire community. We offered to go over their films and even do map walkthroughs with anyone interested. Sadly, we got no replies from anyone.
    "Let Them Hate, So Long As They Fear"

-ZERO SHOTS MISSING-

WH PS ICoH CM DS S EB VC IV

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Quote Originally Posted by Guzzie View Post
    They actually improved when they started playing with us bud. They were very interested in improving at the game and we helped them. They would ask us to go over their films, and we did. They put effort into improving their skills. Around the same time actually, Corbin (UnfoldedFreedom) and I offered to help the entire community. We offered to go over their films and even do map walkthroughs with anyone interested. Sadly, we got no replies from anyone.
    They joined after they were Second Nature, which was already the 2nd best squad in your army. So you merged the 2nd and 1st best together. Real equalizer there. They hadn't been in REDWATCH for a few wars by then and had already trained and become competitive players.

I don't see how offering to make others better is relevant to those who have no interest in playing in that manner. People shouldn't have to be at that level to have fun in FC.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet

They joined after they were Second Nature, which was already the 2nd best squad in your army. So you merged the 2nd and 1st best together. Real equalizer there. They hadn't been in REDWATCH for a few wars by then and had already trained and become competitive players.

I don't see how offering to make others better is relevant to those who have no interest in playing in that manner. People shouldn't have to be at that level to have fun in FC.
    The reason they became second nature was because they wanted to practice with vbd. We trained them when they were still in red watch.
    HighLight is the best player in vbd.

http://fcwars.net/forums/image.php?u=1093&type=sig  pic&dateline=1375446743

Lol. I think your memory is failing you. First of all, we were helping them out while they were in Redwatch. It was actually Deaf Orangutan who led their fire team and he was very interested in improving his and his squad's skill. They then moved on to form Second Nature. When the whole fiasco with Deaf happened (rest in peace) and their squad disbanded, we took them in because we had become good friends and they felt they had nowhere to go. By no means were they the second best squad. In fact, it was Voodoo (if my memory serves me right, Vanguard?) that was the second best squad in Red at the time, and some even thought they were better than VbD. Oh, and Second Nature wasn't a squad for "a couple of wars", but good try. Nice to see you twisting things to strengthen your point however.

I do agree with you on this one though, but it does show that people would much rather complain about skill than try to do something about it themselves. It's what I call CoD syndrome; look it up, I read it in a book.
    "Let Them Hate, So Long As They Fear"

-ZERO SHOTS MISSING-

WH PS ICoH CM DS S EB VC IV

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Lol. I think your memory is failing you. First of all, we were helping them out while they were in Redwatch. It was actually Deaf Orangutan who led their fire team and he was very interested in improving his and his squad's skill. They then moved on to form Second Nature. When the whole fiasco with Deaf happened (rest in peace) and their squad disbanded, we took them in because we had become good friends and they felt they had nowhere to go. By no means were they the second best squad. In fact, it was Voodoo (if my memory serves me right, Vanguard?) that was the second best squad in Red at the time, and some even thought they were better than VbD. Oh, and Second Nature wasn't a squad for "a couple of wars", but good try. Nice to see you twisting things to strengthen your point however.

I do agree with you on this one though, but it does show that people would much rather complain about skill than try to do something about it themselves. It's what I call CoD syndrome; look it up, I read it in a book.
    ...But they joined VbD when they were already "trained" so to speak. Which is exactly what I said. Which is the point, since your argument is that they joined VbD as lower skilled people, which is false.

Vanguard and Voodoo are from Reach.

Second Nature was a squad for at least 2 full wars. And they had significant winning records in both. Regardless of who you consider #2 or #3, the point is they were an above average group of players joining into VbD.

I do agree with you on this one though, but it does show that people would much rather complain about skill than try to do something about it themselves
    I consider coming here to try and make change, or leaving to avoid the toxic games as doing something about it. People are here for fun. If they aren't having it, they'll complain, or leave. Not change their definition of fun to match someone else's.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet

Quote Originally Posted by UnfoldedFreedom View Post
    Its easy to see only what you wanna see. But VbD has mixed with a lot of squads and we have used a lot of "fillers" since MCC came out and the Halo population dropped. We've even played several 3v4s this war. Its hard to accept people into vbd because we literally talk shit to each other all game and most people are sensitivity or they dont have the same sense of humor as us. Not only that, but we don't practice, at all. No new recruit would want to join a squad and not participate in squad activities. There is no retention in that. Recruits would just get bored. It also makes no sense for us to steal or take another's hard earned recruits.

I also like how you conveniently left out us taking in Md, Blayze and akward. Former squad members of the legendary redwatch.
    Hm, it's been so long since I last played with you guys I forgot, but yeah, you do have a rather abrasive sense of humour that's not exactly for everyone. Kind of a fair point to be honest.

Here's another source of confusion that seems to run rampant here. Battles are competitive. It's literally designed that way, two armies are competing against eachother to win. You don't have to partake in the competitive side of FC though, there's a lot to do other than battles. Or, there should be. We've kind of lost the casual side though. #bringbackdailyzombiesand monstertrucks

If people don't want to take the time to get better at a competitive activity, they have no right to complain when they lose at that competitive activity. If I go to a weight lifting competition, I'm not going to complain about coming in last place, because I can lift -maybe- 50 pounds. If I wanted to compete in one, I would train my ass off until I could do it.

You're completely correct, they shouldn't have to be at that level to have fun in FC. They just shouldn't expect to win without work.
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

Blog Posts

Vanguard and Voodoo are from Reach.
    Only partly true. Vanguard and Voodoo moved on to Halo 4 after the end of REACH and Vanquish then also became a squad under Resistance. Voodoo then died and the remaining members where split into Vanquish and Vanguard. As to Guzzie, you are correct that Voodoo was the 2nd best squad in REDD then it was Vanquish after Voodoo fell and Vanquish became the best squad in REDD. Best W/L in the army and even got Prof Blastoise all jelly

REDD or BLUE Resistance comes through!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    Silko isn't an innate troublemaker, and doesn't intentionally break the rules.
    Co-Founder of the Resistance
    Undefeated on Reach

Quote Originally Posted by Houdini View Post
    This is definitely still happening in Blue. Look at Umbra. They were a brand new squad with almost 100% recruits at the start of the war.
    Week 1:
    Renegade vs. Umbra - Occupation - 410 - 217 Redd
    Equinox vs. Umbra - Conflict - 99 - 31 Redd
    Equinox vs. Umbra - Asset 369 - 261 Redd

Week 7 (this past weekend)
    Renegade vs. Umbra - Ricochet - 410 - 50 Blue
    Terminus (Ghosts) vs. Umbra - Liberation 5 - 2 Blue

They started playing together and have gotten much better of the the course of the war. Granted they did drop some of their lower skilled players (probably because they were being stomped on so hard at the beginning of the war), but the people who stayed built chemistry and showed that it is still possible for squads to improve and turn themselves around.
    Just to say, these are corrupted results. Two people lagged out during the first game against Renegade and had it not been for my orders to stop running up the score, it would have looked much worse. Just a little something I'd like to correct... Also the second game had much different Renegade personnel in it than the first game. You're looking at numbers and not variables and if Statistics has taught me anything, variables variables variables
    "Gamers always believe that an epic win is possible and that it's always worth trying, and trying now."

We offered to go over their films and even do map walkthroughs with anyone interested. Sadly, we got no replies from anyone.
    Can I take you up on this offer? I never got it...........

Thread Information