Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: FC Challenges

FC Challenges

Has it ever been considered to do Challenges? Most other Halo Websites do them to help promote site activity and doing them would give the average player a reason coming back to the site more often. Whether this is MM Challenges or Battle/Scrim Challenges i think it would be a nice addition.

The challenges could be tailored specifically to the maps that we would be playing in the coming Battle night, For example since tonight's battle is on Guardian "Get 15 kills with the Gravity Hammer" or Meltdown "Get 10 Wheelman" "Get 10 Splatters" "Get 15 Ghost Kills".

What do ya think?

Re: FC Challenges

What would the challenges grant after completing them? We sometimes had individuals setup challenges like these, and some were given ribbons after completing them. We never had an official system tho.

I like the idea. Now we just have too incooporate it.

Quote Originally Posted by RaZ Vader View Post
    I like the idea. Now we just have too incooporate it.
    Stop trying to spell, RaZ. You're drunk.

Incorporate. Not to have cooperative stuff included. Lol. :P
    Former Field Marshal and General of the BLUE Army
    The Undisputed "Race" Champion of the Forerunner Conflict's 8th Anniversary Celebrations

Click here to buy some awesome apparel! Half of the profit from FC-related swag goes right back to FC!

Double D Masters
    Darksail 5weg
    Buying GF
    Kickstart Xbone pl1x

We could be awarded vCash

That way you have a backup way to get some if you bet it all.

The award system could be rank based, Its own individual system completely separate from everything else on FC. An easy challenge completed could be worth +5, medium +10, and a difficult being +15. We could use the Halo Reach Ranking system for the levels so all we would have to do is come up with a list of challenges and their point values and the required points per Rank.

All of this im willing to do if this has a chance of actually being implemented haha.
    The great thing about the Challenge system is that get get players to play differently and for a goal. Now while trying to take a map to win the war is the goal, it is the long term goal. Where with the challenges you can see progress after every battle.

Perhaps it could be used in some way to affect the war but ill leave that up to someone who has been with the site longer and understands the war layout better haha

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: kazinsser

Theory has started a spreadsheet with a general sort of outline. If you guys can take a look and get some ideas going that'd be super.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...YRWY3OEE#gid=0

I like the idea. But the challenge is always finding a way to fit it in and make it work.

RvBR/FC Veteran. 7 years

Blog Posts

I assume you're from Halo Community and I REALLY loved their Challenges, especially the Team based ones like the Warthog and Gunner CoOp Challenges. I used to do Weekly "Missions" for REDWATCH that were themed to FC Battles, but I never really went anywhere with them. I love the idea though, but Rank should not be involved in them (unless you're talking Tiers I don't know).
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Yea I used to help out Redemption back on HaloCharts and later on HaloChallenges.com, And as for the ranking System the way that wanting to try to set it up is similar to how the Forum System Rank was set-up on HaloCharts before it was shut down.

Thread Information