Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Planet Destroyer

Post Xbox One: Good Or Bad

i wanted to see how many in fc like and dislike the new xbox console.
    i personally like the new xbox but what do you think?

features that i am most interested in so far are:
    dvr feature: lets you record and save gameplay on almost any game.
    snap feature: allows you to open two windows at once.
    skype: allows multiple video chats at once(i dont use skype much myself but it seems pretty cool).

i also heard during the reveal video that the new kinect sensor has more joint enabling more realistic animation.

Re: Xbox One: Good Or Bad

There was defiantly some bad to come out of this but not enough for me to not buy one around launch.

REDWATCH VETERAN

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: kazinsser

No poll on this? Lol.

I liked it. I was originally worried that the PS4 might look more appealing than the Nextbox, but I'm happy enough with what they've said to buy it off launch.

Planet Destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by KazuhLLL View Post
    No poll on this? Lol.

I liked it. I was originally worried that the PS4 might look more appealing than the Nextbox, but I'm happy enough with what they've said to buy it off launch.
    the ps4 is suppossed to have better graphics but the xo(xboxone) may out way that with its useful features.

i could not add a poll it wont let me sad to say.

Blog Posts
    Livestreams

Quote Originally Posted by killuagonx6 View Post
    the ps4 is suppossed to have better graphics but the xo(xboxone) may out way that with its useful features.

i could not add a poll it wont let me sad to say.
    Nothing from the specs imply any sort of graphics difference to me. PS4 might be a little snappier because of the newer RAM but that's it I think.

Planet Destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by KazuhLLL View Post
    Nothing from the specs imply any sort of graphics difference to me. PS4 might be a little snappier because of the newer RAM but that's it I think.
    i could be wrong on that but i know that with better ram a with their new processor they will be able to render more particles faster than before.
    meaning more realistic lighting and shadowing.
    and better fire and lighting effects.

something that really sways me into getting the ps4 is its sleep mode and the new controller.

Blog Posts
    Livestreams

Quote Originally Posted by killuagonx6 View Post
    i could be wrong on that but i know that with better ram a with their new processor they will be able to render more particles faster than before.
    meaning more realistic lighting and shadowing.
    and better fire and lighting effects.

something that really sways me into getting the ps4 is its sleep mode and the new controller.
    Okay, technically the PS4 will probably be a tiny bit faster. But I think the difference between the two will be so negligible that considering "graphics" as a pro or con in which console to buy would just be silly. The difference just won't be noticeable by the majority of people.

And as far as graphics go, I think the CPU/GPUs in these will bottleneck them more than the RAM will in like 8 years when they finally hit the limit of what they can do.

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

I was very impressed with the reveal of Xbox One. I really love how the name wasn't one of the rumored names that was going around XD lol

I will be buying this... hopefully on launch

I was born Awesome.
    Everything I do is Awesome. Anything I touch is Awesome.
    I didn't choose the Awesome Life.
    It chose me

Reclaimer of the Mantle Graycochea's Avatar

I doubt I'll get this at launch. There's nothing interesting enough to pique my interest. I remember back in the day when video game consoles played video games, those were the days.

The reason it's called the "Xbox One" is because it's supposed to be the "All-In-One Experience". I'm not a fan of Swiss Army knives, they're loaded down with so much crap, it doesn't feel like a real knife anymore.

When the animation is so good that deaf people can read the lips of a computer generated person, then I'll become sufficiently interested.

Also, just because the game looks almost real, doesn't mean it's a great game. They should stop working on improving their graphics and start working on their storytelling and gameplay. Storytelling + Gameplay + Realistic Graphics = Great Game. Realistic Graphics - Storytelling - Gameplay = Mediocre game at best.

Oh and I'm a Playstation gamer at heart, so yeah.
    Last edited by Graycochea; 05-22-2013 at 06:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    Well, guess I'll refer Gray then.
    Quote Originally Posted by W3z4b1 View Post
    Gray for FM
    "Full circle. A new terror born in death,
    a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend."

Blog Posts
    Livestreams

Quote Originally Posted by Revan View Post
    I doubt I'll get this at launch. There's nothing interesting enough to pique my interest. I remember back in the day when video game consoles played video games, those were the days.

The reason it's called the "Xbox One" is because it's supposed to be the "All-In-One Experience". I'm not a fan of Swiss Army knives, they're loaded down with so much crap, it doesn't feel like a real knife anymore.

When the animation is so good that deaf people can read the lips of a computer generated person, then I'll become sufficiently interested.

Also, just because the game looks almost real, doesn't mean it's a great game. They should stop working on improving their graphics and start working on their storytelling and gameplay. Storytelling + Gameplay + Realistic Graphics = Great Game. Realistic Graphics - Storytelling - Gameplay = Mediocre game at best.

Oh and I'm a Playstation gamer at heart, so yeah.
    They game us quite a bit more RAM, and a much better processor. Honestly what else can be done from the console manufacturer's perspective? The rest of the evolution of gaming is in the hands of the game developers themselves (including, I might add, "animation is so good that deaf people can read the lips").

I know quite a few people that chose the PS3 over the 360 because the 360 didn't have Bluray, and they didn't want to have both a Bluray and an Xbox cluttering up their entertainment center (these weren't "hardcore" gamers, for the record). With the One, Microsoft is trying to take this idea of an entertainment hub even further. With their reveal they weren't trying to target gamers like us, they were trying to target the general public to get all the little teenagers and all the mid-30's (tech-savvy) adults wanting the Xbox over the PS4.

E3 will be when both Microsoft and Sony make their appeals to us, the gamers. Honestly I'm already excited for the One's 8 new upcoming franchises that they announced yesterday would be released in the next year.

Thread Information