Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: kazinsser

Re: Xbox One: Good Or Bad

Quote Originally Posted by bazongaman502 View Post
    If you want to play old games from previous consoles... keep that console. Change is in the future, no reason to advance with it and continue to want the past
    Back in my day we didn't expect backwards compatibility. If your SNES cartridge fit in your N64 you were doing something wrong.

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KazuhLLL View Post
    Back in my day we didn't expect backwards compatibility. If your SNES cartridge fit in your N64 you were doing something wrong.
    I got quite a good chuckle out of this. I miss those days.
    "Pollen is bee semen, right?" -PolychromeVirus, 2016

"Your forefathers wisely set aside their compassion. Steeled themselves for what needed to be done.
    I see now why they left you behind. You were weak, and gods must be strong." -Prophet of Truth

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KazuhLLL View Post
    still have my N64 and I still play the hell out of it

I was born Awesome.
    Everything I do is Awesome. Anything I touch is Awesome.
    I didn't choose the Awesome Life.
    It chose me

Blog Posts

I'm jealous. I wish I still had mine, it got lost one of the times I moved when I was a kid. I still have some of my games and stuff for it though. I'm hopefully getting one soon.
    "Pollen is bee semen, right?" -PolychromeVirus, 2016

"Your forefathers wisely set aside their compassion. Steeled themselves for what needed to be done.
    I see now why they left you behind. You were weak, and gods must be strong." -Prophet of Truth

Reclaimer of the Mantle Graycochea's Avatar

I had two and neither of them work anymore, which is why it[backwards compatibility] is so important to me. All I want is to be able to play my favorite games 5, 10, 15 years down the road. When my old console dies and becomes so obsolete you can't find it anywhere, I'd like to still be able to play my games. The closest I can get to N64 now is an emulator, which doesn't always work. I still can't find a working Rogue Squadron Rom. There's also the Wii, but I hate the controllers for those.

I also haven't found an effective Xbox[Original] emulator.

Every once in a while they'll release an updated version of a favorite game: Budokai 1&3, Halo Anniversary, even Kingdom Hearts is getting an HD upgrade. If I still had my PS3, I'd be first in line for that cause my PS2 was just a victim in a flood. I haven't plugged it in yet cause I'm afraid of it not working anymore and I don't want to see that.

I get you bazonga. The future is coming and I can't wait to embrace it, I'm just afraid my old favorites and my greatest hits will be left in the dust to one day become a distant memory of days gone by. I can barely remember the true joy I used to feel playing Goldeneye, Star Fox, or Rogue Squadron.
    Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    Well, guess I'll refer Gray then.
    Quote Originally Posted by W3z4b1 View Post
    Gray for FM
    "Full circle. A new terror born in death,
    a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend."

The Xbox One reveal was trying to reach out to non-hardcore gamers. They presented it as a living room all in one gaming hub. Which i'm totally fine with, it was a good reveal for what it was ment to be.

What really pissed me off was when Marc Whitten said "This is rocket-science level stuff". Does he think everyone is a gullible dumbass, he went overboard with that comment.

More than 8 million people watched the reveal of the new Xbox One, and the response was very negative. They didn't talk about games nearly enough.

Besides that, it was ok, and I think they mentioned something about improved xbox live being able to server more players in one game at a time, so I look forward to 32 player halo 5 lol.

I also wish the PS4 exclusive "The Last of Us" wasn't exclusive, it looks like a badass game, but I guess halo 5 makes up for that, considering Halo 5 will very much most likely have flood, maybe some flood fire fight.

The upcoming game Destiny looks especially amazing.

Xbox One also doesn't seem like much of a power house gaming console as I anticipated.

So long as the Xbox One is at a reasonable price, 400-500, i'll most likely buy it.

For those about to rock
    We salute you!

I'll miss backwards compatibility for Halo 4 and Skyrim, but I most likely wont be getting the Xbox One until either the price goes down, or Battlefield 4 is so amazing on it that it matches PC specs.

(By Ireland Wolf)

Reclaimer of the Mantle Graycochea's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UberDick View Post
    I also wish the PS4 exclusive "The Last of Us" wasn't exclusive,
    Other than Halo, Playstation has always had better exclusives. Those are the only reasons I buy the Sony console. And Halo is the reason I buy Microsoft.
    Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    Well, guess I'll refer Gray then.
    Quote Originally Posted by W3z4b1 View Post
    Gray for FM
    "Full circle. A new terror born in death,
    a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend."

More details about the Xbox One controller: http://majornelson.com/2013/06/06/mo...ne-controller/

The controller turns into a true wired controller when plugged in via microUSB.
    Former Field Marshal and General of the BLUE Army
    The Undisputed "Race" Champion of the Forerunner Conflict's 8th Anniversary Celebrations

Click here to buy some awesome apparel! Half of the profit from FC-related swag goes right back to FC!

Microsoft Offers a Definitive Answer on Used Games and Always-Online:

http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/06/x...paign=Engadget
    Former Field Marshal and General of the BLUE Army
    The Undisputed "Race" Champion of the Forerunner Conflict's 8th Anniversary Celebrations

Click here to buy some awesome apparel! Half of the profit from FC-related swag goes right back to FC!

Thread Information