View Poll Results: What console are you (most likely) getting and when?

Voters
153. You may not vote on this poll
  • Xbox One within first month of release

46 30.07%
  • Xbox One within first year of release

89 58.17%
  • Playstation 4 within first month of release

13 8.50%
  • Playstation 4 within first year of release

25 16.34%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 51 of 56 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox One vs PS4

The Voice of Reason
    Skynet's Army
    Blog Posts

Re: Xbox One vs PS4

Quote Originally Posted by Maxdoggy View Post
    Xbox One and Xbox 360 users cannot voice-chat cross-consoles. http://www.polygon.com/2013/8/12/461...ross-platforms

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut9473 View Post
    Text messaging works fine, but because of the different audio codecs + technobabble + pushing people to get Xbox One's, voice chat won't work cross-system.
    Former Field Marshal and General of the BLUE Army
    The Undisputed "Race" Champion of the Forerunner Conflict's 8th Anniversary Celebrations

Click here to buy some awesome apparel! Half of the profit from FC-related swag goes right back to FC!

Update via Microsoft spokespeople about the 180 on Kinect: http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-wont-actu...ium=Socialflow

UPDATE: A Microsoft spokesman has answered a couple of our questions:

Can games that use Kinect for supplemental features and commands still be played without Kinect, or will any game that uses Kinect at *all* need the Kinect plugged in?

If Kinect is only used to enable supplemental features in a particular title, then you will still be able to play that game if Kinect is unplugged. Games where Kinect is required – like “Kinect Sports Rivals,” for example – will of course need the sensor to be plugged in.

Does Microsoft still have no intentions of selling a Kinect-free bundle?

Though we’ve changed this requirement, Kinect is still an essential and integrated part of the Xbox One platform. By having it as a consistent part of every Xbox One, game and entertainment creators can build experiences that assume the availability of voice, gesture and natural sensing, leading to unrivaled ease of use, premium experiences and interactivity for consumers. We also strongly believe that once you try the all-new Kinect and the game and entertainment experiences it enhances or enables, you won’t want to use your Xbox One without it.

And here's Microsoft senior exec Albert Penello, posting on NeoGAF about the flip. (Bolded emphasis mine)

We still believe in Kinect. We aren’t interested in splitting the development base. The more demos I’ve seen, the more I’ve used it – the more impressed I am. The team feels strongly about Kinect, and I hope we’re able to prove that when you use it.

We also have a ton of privacy settings to allow people to turn off the camera, or microphones, or put it in a state just for “Xbox On” and IR blasting – there will be a lot of user control for that.

The thing we all understood, and hence this change, is that there are some scenarios where people just may not be comfortable. We wanted people to be 100% comfortable, so we allow the sensor to be unplugged. And clearly the “it dropped” scenario is possible.

The most obvious thing is watching a DVD/BD, or streaming a movie, or HDMI pass-through, your experience isn’t impacted (except you miss voice and IR blasting)

There is no “gotcha”, but obviously, if there is a game that REQUIRES Kinect (like Rivals), or something where Kinect IS the experience (like Skype), those won’t work.

That said, for people who have privacy concerns there are user control settings, which we believe are great.
    The Undisputed "Race" Champion of the Forerunner Conflict's 8th Anniversary Celebrations

Click here to buy some awesome apparel! Half of the profit from FC-related swag goes right back to FC!

The Voice of Reason
    Skynet's Army
    Blog Posts

so many 180's

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta Crossfire View Post
    Wow this is some crazy reversal. Now lower the price, sell me a version without kinect and I'll me all over that day 1 edition.
    that wont happen, they want the kenict to be something a devloper can assume every player has, and even if that player doesn't use it it allows them to get it into the game instead of being stopped so that it doesn't get the "better with kinect" sticker which has show to drop sales of a game as some people wont buy it if it uses kenict

also this

Does Microsoft still have no intentions of selling a Kinect-free bundle?

"Though we’ve changed this requirement, Kinect is still an essential and integrated part of the Xbox One platform. By having it as a consistent part of every Xbox One, game and entertainment creators can build experiences that assume the availability of voice, gesture and natural sensing, leading to unrivaled ease of use, premium experiences and interactivity for consumers. We also strongly believe that once you try the all-new Kinect and the game and entertainment experiences it enhances or enables, you won’t want to use your Xbox One without it."

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut9473 View Post
    so many 180's
    people complained so much, and even though pre sale orders were beating PS4 for a while they realized people cannot see the reasoning for some of their decisions as they affect the development side a lot more than player side

Whats your zombie plan?
    There are two kinds of people in this world; those that have a plan prepared for when the zombies take over the Earth, and those who don't.
    We call those last people DINNER

Man, the Xbox One had so much potential, but people started whining like bitches and now what we have is a box filled with undigested crap.
    "Not only is he active, but he listens to good music as well!" -Toast78901

"Tonight we´re gonna make love. You know how I know? *MHM* Because it´s Wednesday; and Wednesday is the night we usually make love"

"H3Y COOLK1D 1S TH1S Y0U?"

New hands-on and in-depth video of the Xbox One controller:

Ten Reasons To Love The Xbox One Operating System (Including hints at new features): http://www.gamespot.com/gamescom/ten...ystem-6413655/

A White Xbox One is the only Xbox One I Want....and I can't haz it.
    http://kotaku.com/this-white-xbox-on...ium=Socialflow

Pulling a move out of Sony's playbook of waiting-for-the-competition-to-make-an-announcement-before-finalizing-your-own-details, the Xbox One could be releasing November 8th - a full week ahead of the PS4 - if a Walmart leak is to be believed.

http://kotaku.com/the-xbox-one-might...ium=Socialflow

Boom goes the dynamite?

A release date before November 19th actually might make sense as "Watch_Dogs" isn't listed as a "Launch Title" for the Xbox One. I hate to trust Walmart, but the 8th could be the release date!

EDIT:

Best argument about getting the Xbox One ever from Kotaku:
    Xbox One:
    1. Can play used Xbox One Games
    2. Doesn't require a Playstation Plus account for online multiplayer

PS4:
    1. Cannot play used Xbox One Games
    2. Requires a Playstation Plus account for online multiplayer.

The choice is obvious.
    Last edited by Maxdoggy; 08-26-2013 at 11:59 PM.

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: kazinsser

Quote Originally Posted by Maxdoggy View Post
    Pulling a move out of Sony's playbook of waiting-for-the-competition-to-make-an-announcement-before-finalizing-your-own-details, the Xbox One could be releasing November 8th - a full week ahead of the PS4 - if a Walmart leak is to be believed.

http://kotaku.com/the-xbox-one-might...ium=Socialflow

Boom goes the dynamite?

A release date before November 19th actually might make sense as "Watch_Dogs" isn't listed as a "Launch Title" for the Xbox One. I hate to trust Walmart, but the 8th could be the release date!

EDIT:

Best argument about getting the Xbox One ever from Kotaku:
    If that's true, watch Sony PS4 stock "accidentally" leak the same day xD

Thread Information