Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More Awards

Animus 4 Ever
    SpcX
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: jamidj

More Awards

I'm a sucker for awards. I know it is one of the aspects of FC, that keeps me active. I was thinking of maybe adding a few new ones such as::

An award for so many BN Challenges completed.

An award for reaching the leaderboard on the games for the site

if you have any more ideas please share!
    ۰۪۫J۰۰۪۫a۰۰۪۫m۰۰۪۫i ۰۰۪۫e۰۰۪۫D۰۰۪۫ J۰Purple Army Elite Trooper
    What We Do In Life, Echos in Eternity.

Blog Posts

Re: More Awards

I like the BN Challenges one
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

FC Podcast Co-Host
    Useless without Jam

As do I. I wasn't aware people even used those games on the site though xD

As probably the most active member of the Multi-Media Dept, I feel like we should have more options for them. For example, I have the videographer one for the Podcast, only because it is posted on Youtube. I want a broadcaster one lol.

Also, ones for the RP, Lore and LARP would be nice; more incentive for people to get involved in those aspects of the community.

And one for winning bets would also be kinda cool.

And now I realize I am proposing the same thing Plat did in terms of awards in the suggestion forums like 9 months ago xD

---------------------------------------------

Found his thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
    Knowing you guys, you are already working on these but here they anyways..

Broadcaster-Host either a radio or a podcast for at least a month.
    DJ-Host either a radio or a podcast for at least six months.
    Rush Limbaugh?-Host either a radio or a podcast for a year.
    Writer-Write a story that has over 500 views.
    Scribe-Write a story that has over 1000 views.
    Gambler-Bet a total of 5000 vCash
    Bookmaker-Bet a total of 10,000 vCash
    High Roller-Bet a total of 20,000 vCash
    Blogger-Post at least 10 blogs (each with minimum of 15 comments or 60 views)
    Poster-Post at least 1,000 times.
    Unified-Create an Halo Unity account and join the FC community.
    Change of Heart-Transfer during peacetime
    Nice Guy-A member that helps others in their times of need on the forums
    Spotlight-Be featured in "Members Spotlight"
    Decorated-Earn a total of (number) awards
    Guest Star-Be a guest star on the FC Podcast
    Video Star-Have a clip be featured in FC's Top 5 kills

Warmap Intern-Help with the FC WarMap (JamieDJ)
    Military Strategist-Be the FM when your army wins the war
    Short, but Sweet-Be apart of an army that wins a war in under three months
    Revenge-Be apart of an army that wins a war after losing the one before (Must be enlisted in same army all wars)
    Domination-Be apart of an army that wins three straight wars (Must be enlisted in same army all wars)
    Underdogs-Be apart of an army that successfully defends their capital and come back to win the war (Must be enlisted in the same army all war)

Return of the Wookie-Participate in the 2013 "Purple Army takeover"

I know a lot of these are forum based so they aren't that prestigious. The ones that are war related are pretty long term :/
    I like a lot of those. Time to discuss, gents

Some of these are a little dated, like how the Member Spotlight is no longer being run... (welp, looks like I know what my next project is) But the ideas here have some merit, at least as a springboard.
    Last edited by Toast78901; 10-09-2013 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Found Plat's suggestions

"Toast was a pointless invention from the Dark Ages. Toast was an implement of torture that caused all those subjected to it to regurgitate in verbal form the sins and crimes of their past lives. Toast was a ritual item devoured by fetishists in the belief that it would enhance their kinetic and sexual powers. Toast cannot be explained by any rational means.
    Toast is me. I am Toast."

Blog Posts

Lol I would get everyone of those awards related to the wars minus the FM ones

REDD or BLUE Resistance comes through!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    Silko isn't an innate troublemaker, and doesn't intentionally break the rules.
    Co-Founder of the Resistance
    Undefeated on Reach

Double D Masters
    Scottish Warrior
    Blog Posts

I am with Jamie, awards make me happy.

Awards, por favor?

*whistles for MedeDust and Mythonian, the Robot/Mexican Dream Team*
    Former Field Marshal and General of the BLUE Army
    The Undisputed "Race" Champion of the Forerunner Conflict's 8th Anniversary Celebrations

Click here to buy some awesome apparel! Half of the profit from FC-related swag goes right back to FC!

Animus 4 Ever
    SpcX
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: jamidj

Warmap Intern-Help with the FC WarMap (JamieDJ)
    I like this one too
    ۰۪۫J۰۰۪۫a۰۰۪۫m۰۰۪۫i ۰۰۪۫e۰۰۪۫D۰۰۪۫ J۰Purple Army Elite Trooper
    What We Do In Life, Echos in Eternity.

Useless without Toast Jam Cliché's Avatar
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: jamcliche

I wanna bump this to get some attention for doing more Awards. Here is something I threw in during an earlier thread on the subject.

With google and MS paint many things are possible. The general size and shape of a "clan ribbon" tends to be a 90x25 rectangle, so, given enough time, you can edit stuff found on the web or make your own ribbon images.

Attachment 3397Attachment 3399Attachment 3400Attachment 3401Attachment 3402Attachment 3403Attachment 3404Attachment 3405Attachment 3406Attachment 3407Attachment 3408Attachment 3409Attachment 3410Attachment 3411Attachment 3412Attachment 3413Attachment 3414
    Just wanting to point out that there are plenty of resources.

Also, one thing I tried when I led Sovereign was its own Award system. The biggest problem I had with it was trying to update it for members without there being a built-in site feature for it. With Kaz's help, I was at least able to construct a clear table of contents for these Awards.

War Hero
    Grade 3 Recruiter Grade 5 MVP Grade 5 Merit
    Grade 3 Serviceman Grade 5 Victory Grade 3 Practice
    Grade 5 REDD X 3 War Veteran Triage
    Grade 4 Gunslinger Capital 8 Lone Wolf
    Sovereignty

This is a complete list of awards that may be earned by Sovereign unit members.

The awards are meant to be shown in your signature. They are awarded upon request - your Squad CO/XO must submit the recommendation in the proper category of Squad Weekly Reports, and you must ask me via PM to send your updated awards (I will not waste time on awarding those who do not wear them). They are an optional benefit for members of Sovereign. When you receive and request an Award, I will send you a link with the code for your updated Award Box. You can add that code to the bottom of your signature by clicking on your Settings link and editing your Signature.

Complete List of Sovereign Awards

Recruiter 1 Recruited 1 Squad member who has been considered "active" throughout one war
    Recruiter 2 Recruited 2 Squad members who have been considered "active" throughout one war - replaces Recruiter 1
    Recruiter 3 Recruited 3 or more Squad members who have been considered "active" throughout one war - replaces Recruiter 2
    MVP 1 Attained the highest Score/Death ratio in your Squad for an entire Battle Night (must have participated in one game, per map, with their own Squad)
    MVP 2 Attained the highest Score/Death ratio in your Squad for an entire Battle Night (must have participated in one game, per map, with their own Squad) a second time - replaces MVP 1
    MVP 3 Attained the highest Score/Death ratio in your Squad for an entire Battle Night (must have participated in one game, per map, with their own Squad) a third time - replaces MVP 2
    MVP 4 Attained the highest Score/Death ratio in your Squad for an entire Battle Night (must have participated in one game, per map, with their own Squad) a fourth time - replaces MVP 3
    MVP 5 Attained the highest Score/Death ratio in your Squad for an entire Battle Night (must have participated in one game, per map, with their own Squad) a fifth time - replaces MVP 4
    War Hero Attained the highest Score/Death ratio in your Squad for an entire war (must have participated in at least 70% of the highest game participation count for a player)
    Merit 1 Participate in at least one qualified scrimmage and one match on each map on the subsequent Battle Night in a week with your Squad
    Merit 2 Participate in at least one qualified scrimmage and one match on each map on the subsequent Battle Night in a week with your Squad a second time
    Merit 3 Participate in at least one qualified scrimmage and one match on each map on the subsequent Battle Night in a week with your Squad a third time
    Merit 4 Participate in at least one qualified scrimmage and one match on each map on the subsequent Battle Night in a week with your Squad a fourth time
    Merit 5 Participate in at least one qualified scrimmage and one match on each map on the subsequent Battle Night in a week with your Squad a fifth time
    Capital 8 Earn a victory in an 8v8 Capital Battle Match with your Squad on a victorious Capital Battle Night
    Gunslinger 1 Earned the highest Average (K+A)/d ratio in your Squad for one Battle Night (Must have participated in one game on each map with your Squad)
    Gunslinger 2 Earned the highest Average (K+A)/d ratio in your Squad for one Battle Night (Must have participated in one game on each map with your Squad) a second time
    Gunslinger 3 Earned the highest Average (K+A)/d ratio in your Squad for one Battle Night (Must have participated in one game on each map with your Squad) a third time
    Gunslinger 4 Earned the highest Average (K+A)/d ratio in your Squad for one Battle Night (Must have participated in one game on each map with your Squad) a fourth time
    Lone Wolf Earn the highest Score as a substitute for another Squad during a victorious match on battle night
    Practice 1 Attend an official Squad practice
    Practice 2 Attend an official Squad practice for a second day in one week
    Practice 3 Attend an official Squad practice for a third day in one week
    REDD X 1 Earned the top REDD Kill of the Week
    REDD X 2 Earned the top REDD Kill of the Week twice
    REDD X 3 Earned the top REDD Kill of the Week three times
    REDD X 4 Earned the top REDD Kill of the Week four times
    REDD X 5 Earned the top REDD Kill of the Week 5 times
    Servicmane 1 Participate in a Battle Night with your Squad
    Serviceman 2 Participate in 2 Battle Nights with your Squad
    Serviceman 3 Participate in 3 Battle Nights with your Squad
    Sovereign 1 [CLASSIFIED]
    Sovereign 2 [CLASSIFIED]
    Sovereign 3 [CLASSIFIED]
    Triage Remain online for an entire Battle Night without participating in any matches with your own Squad (This award is for those who stay behind as volunteers and substitute players, even if they never play a match at all that night or only play on a Mix)
    Veteran 1 Remain an active member of one Squad for an entire War
    Veteran 2 Remain an active member of one Squad for two Wars
    Veteran 3 Remain an active member of one Squad for 3 Wars
    Victory 1 Participate in a victorious Battle Night match with your Squad (Max 1 Credited Per Battle Night)
    Victory 2 Participate in a second victorious Battle Night match with your Squad (Max 1 Credited Per Battle Night)
    Victory 3 Participate in a third victorious Battle Night match with your Squad (Max 1 Credited Per Battle Night)
    Victory 4 Participate in a fourth victorious Battle Night match with your Squad (Max 1 Credited Per Battle Night)
    Victory 5 Participate in a fifth victorious Battle Night match with your Squad (Max 1 Credited Per Battle Night)
    Volunteer Act as a substitute member for a non-mix Squad on Battle Night

The best thing about ribbons is that they are easy to manipulate with even the most basic editing programs. IF we wanted to have awards exclusive to either army, I could easily construct Awards to mirror these BLUE ones so that REDD and BLUE would have equal counterparts. Conceptually, we could go from there and expand. (The requirements don't have to be the same, of course. The images are what I want to convey mainly). I spent weeks trying to make this work smoothly and could not. Obviously I would love nothing more than to make it work for both armies, cause then that effort would mean something. =D

/bump
    Last edited by Jam Cliché; 10-15-2013 at 09:56 PM.

Real power comes from the man next to you and is built on the foundations of brotherhood and unity. There is no such thing as a one man army.

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: kazinsser

Quote Originally Posted by Jam Cliché View Post
    With Kaz's help
    Fuck yeah, recognition. (for mind-numbingly tedious work)

How could I forgot this lovely built table? - JC
    Last edited by Jam Cliché; 10-15-2013 at 12:34 PM.

Make it happen captain

REDWATCH VETERAN

Thread Information