Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: FC Update 8.8

Re: FC Update 8.8

Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    2 month long peacetime is way too long, especially since the game isn't even out so it's not like much work can be done to actually prepare for it? All that has ever come in the past from this long a peacetime is new Recruits leave since the staple of our community isn't present. :I
    After thinking about it your right. We can't recruit well for a game that isn't out, and we are going to be losing members while we wait the months for the game to come out. Our main draw to the community will be gone to soon. Even if we just play on random maps like a mock battle we need to have big battles Sunday at least for another month to keep people joining, and keep people engaged. Smaller scale events like the Halo 3 war or game nights have brought few people into the community those are more for the few people who post on updates like these. 2 months is to short

Website Administrator
    Skynet is PARTIALLY ACTIVE
    RIP Cyberdyne
    RIP Net of the Sky

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: Mythonian

Quote Originally Posted by OcR Yehsus View Post
    Week 1: REDD almosts sweeps Blue
    Week 2: Blue sweeps REDD
    Week 3: Everyone freaks out about imbalance.
    ??? What are you looking at?

Week 1 was a BLUE sweep, Week 2 was a REDD sweep due to forfeits, which caused the huge numbers difference and then Legacy and Darksail went BLUE.

Or are you referring to Weeks 9 and 10 but calling them Weeks 1 and 2 for some reason?

2 month long peacetime is way too long, especially since the game isn't even out so it's not like much work can be done to actually prepare for it? All that has ever come in the past from this long a peacetime is new Recruits leave since the staple of our community isn't present. :I
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta Crossfire View Post
    After thinking about it your right. We can't recruit well for a game that isn't out, and we are going to be losing members while we wait the months for the game to come out. Our main draw to the community will be gone to soon. Even if we just play on random maps like a mock battle we need to have big battles Sunday at least for another month to keep people joining, and keep people engaged. Smaller scale events like the Halo 3 war or game nights have brought few people into the community those are more for the few people who post on updates like these. 2 months is to short
    We didn't want to do this. We would have much preferred to do some transfers to balance things out, but no one was willing to do that, and REDD wasn't interested in continuing a one-sided war, which if it had continued as it appeared it would, would have caused more recruits to leave than peacetime, which was why we decided that this is the best course of action.
    Having trouble on the site? Need an Admin?
    PM me or Metkil5685, we're always online...

Livestreams
    View Channel: Yehsus

Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    ??? What are you looking at?

Week 1 was a BLUE sweep, Week 2 was a REDD sweep due to forfeits, which caused the huge numbers difference and then Legacy and Darksail went BLUE.

Or are you referring to Weeks 9 and 10 but calling them Weeks 1 and 2 for some reason?
    Yeah I was lazy. You're too technical Myth

et ducit mundum per luce

Believe me, this peacetime will not be a period of inactivity for the community.

It will give us time to tweak what we have and ensure that the armies grow and develop properly and equally over time, without forcing us to make quick decisions on squad allegiance without putting enough time into looking at the landscape of both armies.

We will have plenty of showcased events as a community, and as armies, to keep everyone involved in the community. It'll give time for people to utilize the numerous other things we have in FC. A lot of events will take place during battle night times/days anywho.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet
    FM For 6 wars spanning 3 generations

Blog Posts

Well if youre "tweaking" the community, are you going to be doing mock battle nights to test the sides out? Also, I don't believe anyone was ever asked if they wanted to transfer?
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Well if youre "tweaking" the community, are you going to be doing mock battle nights to test the sides out? Also, I don't believe anyone was ever asked if they wanted to transfer?
    Trust me when I say that it was made apparent by someone high in the ranks within BLUE that Darksail Raiders and Legacy were not open for transfer. At all. VbD obviously can't switch, and REDD is having a numbers issue as it is.
    "Different name, same fate."
    Quote Originally Posted by WM Feedback View Post
    I (Feedback) tried to flank them Barry Soap style, but it didn't really work out and I just ended up hiding a lot
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
    Damn you barry, being seductive to all those recruits by painting vivid, purdy imagery with your words.

Blog Posts

Darksail Raiders and Legacy were not open for transfer.
    Actually, quite a few of us were open to the idea of transferring, however as we are not a top tier squad and cannot contend with Legacy or VbD, there was little point in it. We were also told that REDD stated they wanted to handle this issue themselves (whether that's true, idk).

Personally, I think the lack of the more casual side of this community has a big role in the skill imbalance. There weren't enough Squads to fit that tier, so it was hard to balance out the Armies. In the future, we should try on rebuilding that part of the community again, because I think that will fix a lot of problems at the moment.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Please people, have a good attitude and be productive. We cannot survive as a community if you're all at gunpoint with eachother, and us. Accept that many different people have different opinions on how they think things should be balanced, and we made a decision based on the status of the current war and morale, as well as to give us time to address concerns and prepare for what will be the biggest transition this community goes through in the next, and past, 5 years.

Please relax people. On both sides. FC is about a lot more than battles. So there will be more to enjoy beyond it, for both sides of the story.

We were also told that REDD stated they wanted to handle this issue themselves (whether that's true, idk).
    LOLno

Personally, I think the lack of the more casual side of this community has a big role in the skill imbalance. There weren't enough Squads to fit that tier, so it was hard to balance out the Armies. In the future, we should try on rebuilding that part of the community again, because I think that will fix a lot of problems at the moment.
    The lack of casual members is more attributable to the state of Halo than it is to us. As Halo becomes less popular to the mainstream gamers, only the hardcore Halo fans stick around, and those people tend to be decently skilled due to their experience with the game.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet
    FM For 6 wars spanning 3 generations

Livestreams
    View Channel: Yehsus

Legacy is tired of switching, and our frequent transferring showed that switching squads isnt the answer to the problem at large.

Lets just get out of H4. MCC is gonna be terrific for us, get hyped.

et ducit mundum per luce

Remember
    RedWatch

DarkSail Raiders
    Apple Fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy View Post
    The lack of casual members is more attributable to the state of Halo than it is to us. As Halo becomes less popular to the mainstream gamers, only the hardcore Halo fans stick around, and those people tend to be decently skilled due to their experience with the game.
    Not all hardcore halo players are decently skilled. Just playing random matchmaking games I find plenty of people who range from sub 1.0 K/D to true try-hards with 60k+ kills. Saying that the state of the community and the terrible match ups isn't part of if not the majority of the reason why casuals don't want to play in the community is not true.

Thread Information