Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Halo 5 beta thoughts

So as the beta comes to a close, id like to know everyone's thoughts and opinions.
    Whats your favorite power weapon?
    What do you think about the hydra?
    What was your favorite and least favorite map?
    how did you feel about the new game type breakout?
    How did the game run overall?

Re: Halo 5 beta thoughts

I really like the Breakout mode but the regular Team Slayer I'm pretty down on. Guess Halo has just changed to much for me, always MCC! Oh wait...

REDWATCH VETERAN

Love every aspect of this game Even the servers were great

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: kazinsser

With BR starts I'd rate it at about an 8.5/10. AR starts is only like a 5-6/10 IMO. If they took out the zoom and the headshot bonus on the AR it would probably go up to at least a 7 for me though.

Useless without Toast Jam Cliché's Avatar
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: jamcliche

Once I learned a few cool tricks with the sword, I fell in love. It's hands down my favorite power weapon.
    The Hydra is awful. I'd prefer a Plasma Launcher or a Missile Pod. Also Rockets feel wrong.
    Favorite Map was Eden, with Truth as a close second. Orion was my least favorite, though it's growing on me.
    I hated Breakout at first. I'm still not a huge fan, but I like blowing off steam playing it.

Overall, I'm super fucking excited. This game is incredible. A few things I feel critical about, though:
    Grenades are NUUUUUKES! Blast radius down, my lord.
    Sniper zoom is SLOOOOOW! Less clunky sniping, please.
    The shield recharge timer is annoying. It keeps shields down longer than I would think was intended. Perhaps if sprinting didn't immediately reset it, but instead slowly filled it back to full if you engage sprinting. I like the drawback to sprint as a shield drain, but it simply lasts too long, unreasonably so.
    The smartscope feels totally at home here, and I'm glad, but automatic weapon fights are just goddamn silly with it. Both players are constantly descoping each other and then rescoping. You just hold both triggers and pray. I actually think this is why the sniper scope is slow - they slowed it because if you're holding the left trigger, you'll rescope automatically after getting descoped. Something about this needs tweaking, but I cannot pinpoint what little thing could be changed to make the most sense.
    The problem with Spartan Charge is that, since you're sprinting, you probably have less health than the guy you're about to hit. So when he hits you back, you feel like a little shithead. I don't want charge to be an instant kill, but perhaps if it knocked a player back out of melee range, that'd be cool.

Real power comes from the man next to you and is built on the foundations of brotherhood and unity. There is no such thing as a one man army.

Blog Posts
    Livestreams

Quote Originally Posted by Jam Cliché View Post
    Overall, I'm super fucking excited. This game is incredible. A few things I feel critical about, though:
    • Grenades need to either have a radius adjustment or we should spawn with only one of them.
    • The snipe zoom definitely feels clunky but testing has shown it's almost exactly like the H3 sniper. The fact that the animation has has a huge delay after you're able to fire is the reason, I think.
    • The Hydra seems to have some potential (link) so I think it's just ill-suited to small maps like Regret.
    • AR smartscope is dumb. I can live with it on the SMG though since it's a map pickup (outside of Breakout).
    • Rocket Launcher probably needs a radius boost since everyone can pretty easily thuster-pack out of the way.

Blog Posts
    Livestreams

The fact that the animation has a huge delay after you're able to fire is the reason, I think.
    Could you clarify or rephrase this? Are you saying that the sniper is umable to fire during or for a period of time after it zooms? Or something else? I got used to the sniper eventually and cannot recall any fine points of the "clunkiness" anymore.

Real power comes from the man next to you and is built on the foundations of brotherhood and unity. There is no such thing as a one man army.

Blog Posts
    Livestreams

Quote Originally Posted by Jam Cliché View Post
    Could you clarify or rephrase this? Are you saying that the sniper is umable to fire during or for a period of time after it zooms? Or something else? I got used to the sniper eventually and cannot recall any fine points of the "clunkiness" anymore.
    There's basically two animations with the sniper. The first is the animation where it's actually zooming in, followed by the animation where the edges fade to black. The sniper felt really clunky at first (to me) because it feels like you can't shoot while animations are happening, but you can in fact shoot before the second animation finishes. By now I've gotten used to it, but it took a while.

Perhaps I over-exaggerated when I said it was a "huge" difference, where I really should have just said that it was noticeable.

Blog Posts
    Livestreams

Ahh. You mean when the zoomed HUD snaps into place, essentially. I never made many attempts to overcome the clunkiness. Instead I relied on the hover technique to catch players off guard so I had an extra moment to fire before they could adjust their aim. XD

Quote Originally Posted by KazuhLLL View Post
    There's basically two animations with the sniper. The first is the animation where it's actually zooming in, followed by the animation where the edges fade to black. The sniper felt really clunky at first (to me) because it feels like you can't shoot while animations are happening, but you can in fact shoot before the second animation finishes. By now I've gotten used to it, but it took a while.

Perhaps I over-exaggerated when I said it was a "huge" difference, where I really should have just said that it was noticeable.
    That is why i play bumper jumper it takes almost all the zoom animation away

Thread Information