Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Mystery Meats Co-Founder Platinum's Avatar
    Blog Posts

Re: WC Needs Your Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Rounin View Post
    The reason people 'complain' about it is because it's a problem. They are literally the last of the power squads and honestly it's not all their doing, it's the rest of the people "mostly those whom are on their side" that allow them to remain isolationist; Allow them to be exempt to any type of fix we try to implement unless they're okay with it. This community has literally slighted many squads in their favor. Many have had to made changes in the name of balance only to remain with the same issues. A simple solution such as allowing more members to enter their ranks is for some reason unspeakable to them. For someone with such a such a distinguishable rank to turn away new members is kinda dispicable. They're a power squad simply because every single one of their member is a high caliber player. They don't have mixed skill sets like the rest of us do, they don't welcome other community member with open arms like the rest of us do. This is an even bigger deal if you want to continue a war with this low of numbers. You say people got better by practicing to face VbD but tell me how many recruits do you think are willing to go through such a trying endeavor for a community they just joined? There's only so many times someone new to the community is going to cope with being stomped on before they decide they're just better off leaving. Don't say they should just leave either cause these are members we all need. This whole time we've been working with 'what we've had' and things really havent improved. I think it's high time that they try to play ball like the rest of us and be willing to make a change if necessary.
    To be fair, the biggest reason VbD is so good is because of their chemistry together. They play with one another so much that they know each others playing styles. You make them sound like they're gods among men (granted they are very good) but they have faults too. The entire purpose behind a team is to have players that compliment your own playing style and playing to your strengths/picking up where you can't. VbD is great, no doubt, but each member isn't a master of all trades. Velocity could be considered to be the best individual players ever to join FC seeing how they were, and still are, among the best Halo 4 players of All time. However, they were pushed around by VbD still. Skill goes a long way, but the cohesion and chemistry goes much farther.

Community shouldn't punish a group of friends for being able to work like a well oiled machine, even if it means its costing the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by UnfoldedFreedom View Post
    yup vbd only takes in the best like md ,blayze, Akward , gingie and aftershocker.
    my attempts to infiltrate this elite squad has failed thus far in my FC career...............lol

Quote Originally Posted by CAW0139 View Post
    my attempts to infiltrate this elite squad has failed thus far in my FC career...............lol
    Huh? lol. When did you try to join VbD? YOU ARE LEADING UMBRA YOU DWEEB >:/
    "Let Them Hate, So Long As They Fear"

-ZERO SHOTS MISSING-

WH PS ICoH CM DS S EB VC IV

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Quote Originally Posted by CAW0139 View Post
    Join the line. I know Barbie Boy will be waiting for you at the back
    "Different name, same fate."
    Quote Originally Posted by WM Feedback View Post
    I (Feedback) tried to flank them Barry Soap style, but it didn't really work out and I just ended up hiding a lot
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
    Damn you barry, being seductive to all those recruits by painting vivid, purdy imagery with your words.

Don't worry guys I have been made a honorary member of VbD, only thing is I can't participate with them in battlenight :P

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy View Post
    Not to be a picky asshole

Remember
    RedWatch

DarkSail Raiders
    Apple Fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
    Community shouldn't punish a group of friends for being able to work like a well oiled machine, even if it means its costing the other side.
    The community also shouldn't punish a group of friends who haven't been playing together for years and aren't able to work like a well oiled machine (yet).

The hard part is pleasing both sides, which currently we are not doing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fearfulpenguin View Post
    Don't worry guys I have been made a honorary member of VbD, only thing is I can't participate with them in battlenight :P
    That's because you would overshadow Guzzie's skills and he doesn't like that.

I think the desire for a draft among many people in FC is really not because people literally want a draft, but because it has become the only real solution that doesn't result in some pseudo-political manipulation.

Quote Originally Posted by Guzzie
    Before you begin to consider the idea of a draft, I really encourage you to fully consider the long term effects that it will have in the community. If you are replying with personal feeling attached, I implore you to take a step back and truly analyze the situation.
    Frankly I would ask you to do the same, as a leader of this community. For 4 years pretty much no one has wanted to play VbD. Of course there are some of us competitive nature people who don't mind, but 90% of FC doesn't like playing you, and many, many people have left because of it and other skill imbalances resulting from it. Not to mention the attitude.

I can't tell if as a leader of this community you simply have been unable to see the damage having such an overpowered squad in a community like this has done and will continue to do, or if you've just ignored that problem altogether. The squad could easily take in newer recruits of lesser skill to even things out. And frankly, if this were 100% about the squad remaining together as friends, something like this would have been done. There are lots of ways to fix the problem without splitting up friends. But it hasn't even been tried. For years. Not weeks, or months, but literally years. So VbD keeps stomping people 90% of the time, to no one's liking, and no one's fun. But the real kicker is the denial of such a problem after years of pleading from multiple generations of FC members, along with the blatant attitude the unit shows towards those outside of it.

It has literally taken me less time to start and graduate college than it has for an entire community of people to convince a leadership group to do something about a god squad problem that I guarantee has lost this community over 100 recruits over the last 4 years. I can name 10-15 off the top of my head alone. I'm sure others can do the same. Lots of people want to just show up and play because it's a fucking video game and this isn't ESL. Those who practice should do better, but the deck shouldn't be stacked against everyone.

Maybe a draft isn't the exact answer. But pussyfooting around with shitty changes that don't do anything is a worse answer, and that's what most people are starting to realize.

It's sad. It really is. I would never have spent the time I did for FC if I didn't once love it here and see the potential. But you've gotta look to the future, and not stagnate with the past. This is one large issue, and I'll be very interested to see if someone manages to grow the balls to solve it.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet
    FM For 6 wars spanning 3 generations

I think the desire for a draft among many people in FC is really not because people literally want a draft, but because it has become the only real solution that doesn't result in some pseudo-political manipulation.

Frankly I would ask you to do the same, as a leader of this community. For 4 years pretty much no one has wanted to play VbD. Of course there are some of us competitive nature people who don't mind, but 90% of FC doesn't like playing you, and many, many people have left because of it and other skill imbalances resulting from it. Not to mention the attitude.

I can't tell if as a leader of this community you simply have been unable to see the damage having such an overpowered squad in a community like this has done and will continue to do, or if you've just ignored that problem altogether. The squad could easily take in newer recruits of lesser skill to even things out. And frankly, if this were 100% about the squad remaining together as friends, something like this would have been done. There are lots of ways to fix the problem without splitting up friends. But it hasn't even been tried. For years. Not weeks, or months, but literally years. So VbD keeps stomping people 90% of the time, to no one's liking, and no one's fun. But the real kicker is the denial of such a problem after years of pleading from multiple generations of FC members, along with the blatant attitude the unit shows towards those outside of it.

It has literally taken me less time to start and graduate college than it has for an entire community of people to convince a leadership group to do something about a god squad problem that I guarantee has lost this community over 100 recruits over the last 4 years. I can name 10-15 off the top of my head alone. I'm sure others can do the same. Lots of people want to just show up and play because it's a fucking video game and this isn't ESL. Those who practice should do better, but the deck shouldn't be stacked against everyone.

Maybe a draft isn't the exact answer. But pussyfooting around with shitty changes that don't do anything is a worse answer, and that's what most people are starting to realize.

It's sad. It really is. I would never have spent the time I did for FC if I didn't once love it here and see the potential. But you've gotta look to the future, and not stagnate with the past. This is one large issue, and I'll be very interested to see if someone manages to grow the balls to solve it.
    We honestly haven't seen eye to eye in a while anarchy but I wholeheartedly agree with you with this one. as someone whom has been here since 2011 its something I've noticed and seen with my own eyes.

For everyone who cares where I've been, I've been unavailable due to moving. However, I've been keeping up on this thread.

Rounin and Unfolded: This is your official warning for harassment/trolling/flamebaiting. You've appeared to have stopped. Let's keep it that way.

Keep it clean, Lads and Ladies.
    Former Field Marshal and General of the BLUE Army
    The Undisputed "Race" Champion of the Forerunner Conflict's 8th Anniversary Celebrations

Click here to buy some awesome apparel! Half of the profit from FC-related swag goes right back to FC!

Mystery Meats Co-Founder Platinum's Avatar
    Blog Posts

To be fair Anarchy, the one and only real chance of a second super squad that could actually be able to beat VbD was banned because they teabagged. I've seen numerous people in this community teabag the living shit out of people during battlenights (most were punished) but they weren't ban hammered. The entire VbD domination thing could have played out completely different if we as a community didn't ban one of Velocity's members and cause the entire group to leave (over a mouth full of spartan nuts).

As to keep on topic so I won't get a finger wag from anyone :P I've just realized I have no clue why a draft is needed. Is it because of low numbers? The public rosters for each army are almost the same size, give or take a few players. Or is it because no squad can beat VbD? I'm confused!

Thread Information