Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Re: WC Needs Your Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
    To be fair Anarchy, the one and only real chance of a second super squad that could actually be able to beat VbD was banned because they teabagged. I've seen numerous people in this community teabag the living shit out of people during battlenights (most were punished) but they weren't ban hammered. The entire VbD domination thing could have played out completely different if we as a community didn't ban one of Velocity's members and cause the entire group to leave (over a mouth full of spartan nuts).

As to keep on topic so I won't get a finger wag from anyone :P I've just realized I have no clue why a draft is needed. Is it because of low numbers? The public rosters for each army are almost the same size, give or take a few players. Or is it because no squad can beat VbD? I'm confused!
    Velocity was literally inviting people into their party during the week talking shit to them. They had a lot of issues.

The solution isn't "more god squads" anyway. We've tried that, lmao. It just pushes more people out.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet
    FM For 6 wars spanning 3 generations

Mystery Meats Co-Founder Platinum's Avatar
    Blog Posts

Reading this thread makes me realize we are one hard bunch to please.

And yet it is ironically very easy to fix all this.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy View Post
    I may have missed it, theres a lot of comments, but what is the very easy fix to all this?

Remember
    RedWatch

DarkSail Raiders
    Apple Fanboy

As to keep on topic so I won't get a finger wag from anyone :P I've just realized I have no clue why a draft is needed. Is it because of low numbers? The public rosters for each army are almost the same size, give or take a few players. Or is it because no squad can beat VbD? I'm confused!
    LOL. I love you Platinum.

I think the real catalyst for a draft was last Battle Night. Whether it is needed or not is what is up for debate. If you look at the stat book from Sunday night you'll see red won two games plus one forfeit (which they were losing some 320 - 40 but then blue dropped the connection).

The rest of the games were complete landslides with blue well over doubling the score of red in nearly every game. I think putting the blame on VbD here is probably wrong. It's almost like the entirety of blue army is just significantly better than red right now. Even Umbra who was being stomped on during the beginning of the war just got better to the point where the list of really good blue teams is the entire blue army and the list of really good red teams is, well, not the entire army.

I can't speak from red's perspective, but this past weekend seems to just have been the last straw on the skill imbalance issues which have been hitting the community consistently since Rec3.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy View Post
    I'm not sure I can agree with this one.

- - - Updated - - -

Just imagine if we tried to have this conversation when the community was more than 30 people strong. We can't even get this small of a group to agree on anything.

To be fair, the biggest reason VbD is so good is because of their chemistry together. They play with one another so much that they know each others playing styles. You make them sound like they're gods among men (granted they are very good) but they have faults too. The entire purpose behind a team is to have players that compliment your own playing style and playing to your strengths/picking up where you can't. VbD is great, no doubt, but each member isn't a master of all trades. Velocity could be considered to be the best individual players ever to join FC seeing how they were, and still are, among the best Halo 4 players of All time. However, they were pushed around by VbD still. Skill goes a long way, but the cohesion and chemistry goes much farther.

Community shouldn't punish a group of friends for being able to work like a well oiled machine, even if it means its costing the other side.
    How velocity made the "top four players" list I will never know. They were so bad for a supposed "god squad". But I agree, no group of friends should be punished for just "being good". Anyone can obtain vbd level (on an individual player strength level) if they put the time and effort into training themselves. The rest is just finding people you work well together with. @anarchy, the day that vbd is removed/split up is the day I leave fc. That sets a rather disgusting precedent that I honestly don't want to be apart of. avoidance isn't the issue. stop running, face your fears.

Quote Originally Posted by Houdini View Post
    LOL. I love you Platinum.

I think the real catalyst for a draft was last Battle Night. Whether it is needed or not is what is up for debate. If you look at the stat book from Sunday night you'll see red won two games plus one forfeit (which they were losing some 320 - 40 but then blue dropped the connection).

The rest of the games were complete landslides with blue well over doubling the score of red in nearly every game. I think putting the blame on VbD here is probably wrong. It's almost like the entirety of blue army is just significantly better than red right now. Even Umbra who was being stomped on during the beginning of the war just got better to the point where the list of really good blue teams is the entire blue army and the list of really good red teams is, well, not the entire army.

I can't speak from red's perspective, but this past weekend seems to just have been the last straw on the skill imbalance issues which have been hitting the community consistently since Rec3.
    Honestly, good on umbra. They have certainly improved. Vague memories too. The issue isn't in raw skill balance, it's that blue squads have been working to get better, while most redd members can barely be bothered to get on during battlenights, let alone multiple practices during the week. I'm guilty of this myself, and I'll be the first to admit my skills aren't nearly as sharp as they used to be.
    Last edited by silversleek; 08-25-2015 at 07:36 PM.
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

I'm not sure I can agree with this one.

Just imagine if we tried to have this conversation when the community was more than 30 people strong. We can't even get this small of a group to agree on anything.
    That's the point. The logistics are easy. The pissing matches are not.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet

It's almost like the entirety of blue army is just significantly better than red right now.
    Okay it's easy to ignore comments about skill but please don't pretend like every player on BLUE is the bee's knees like god damn...

It's like you're trying to provoke a response.
    "Different name, same fate."
    Quote Originally Posted by WM Feedback View Post
    I (Feedback) tried to flank them Barry Soap style, but it didn't really work out and I just ended up hiding a lot
    Damn you barry, being seductive to all those recruits by painting vivid, purdy imagery with your words.

@anarchy, the day that vbd is removed/split up is the day I leave fc.
    I literally specifically stated that wasn't a necessity.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet

Remember
    RedWatch

DarkSail Raiders
    Apple Fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Soap View Post
    Okay it's easy to ignore comments about skill but please don't pretend like every player on BLUE is the bee's knees like god damn...

It's like you're trying to provoke a response.
    I'm not trying to provoke a response. I was trying to explain to Platinum why this topic become so heated almost out of no-where. Look at the stat book. It does look like blue is just significantly better than red right now. It isn't necessarily true and based on what I'm hearing people in red are attributing it to practice. Are you saying there is no skill imbalance? I sure don't like playing games were the score is 400-0 on either side. It's simply not fun.

Thread Information