Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Feedback from a recruit

Hi, first of all, thanks to whoever wants to read this. I know I'm just a recruit and I don't want to mingle in another discussion. What I do want is tell you guys whats on my mind and maybe even help out a little.

The title of the post I replied to before joining was "Interested in a mature community? (Not a clan!)" on the Xbox forums.
    In my eyes, a community means a group of friends playing games together. There would be a LIGHT competetive edge as said in the post...

I sent a message to join. Posted a bit, sent some messages but have never been spoken too nor someone explaining anything about what you do and who you are as a community. Yes there was someone sending me answers too my question, but does the recruit have to take the initiative, or the community?

I get you are all having troubles recruiting, but maybe you should actually help the recruits, talk to them, keep them posted on whatever is going on.
    For example, the people that want to be recruit lists of blue and redd together is 239 pages long, while the bootcamp request page of redd is 2 pages long? Is this just me, or is the system not working?
    Once there is no information or anything coming from the community, recruits walk away from the idea of joining. At least thats what I now think about doing.

Maybe you should not just focus on the recruiting, but also the phase after that. And settle a bit on your thoughts about what kind of community you want to be: bunch of friends playing together or a competitive one. Because the subject on your forum lately seems to be about skill levels, not about other things.
    Or maybe you need to recruit differently, be honest on what you want. If you are looking for decent players, just post this, like ask the persons K/D ratio.

I played one game with you guys last sunday. I can say I was maybe the worst player. And wow, there was no more invite anymore for the next game, I waited for 2 hours. It's not like that doens't ring a bell for me...

Sorry for my English btw. Just wanted to share my thoughts. I may have just joined at a bad timing, but hey, we're all people here and can take some critisism. Maybe I'm the one being wrong but then I'd like it if I was explained this. Thanks!

Remember
    RedWatch

DarkSail Raiders
    Apple Fanboy

Re: Feedback from a recruit

Thank you for your perspective. It is rare to find somebody posting who isn't a long time community member.

You are right, we do need to work on how we process recruits and get them into the community. It is more than just getting people to signup on the website.

Elite BLUE Veteran
    Spirit of Hope
    Vacuus Quietis
    Psalms of Planets
    Blog Posts

I get you are all having troubles recruiting, but maybe you should actually help the recruits, talk to them, keep them posted on whatever is going on.
    For example, the people that want to be recruit lists of blue and redd together is 239 pages long, while the bootcamp request page of redd is 2 pages long? Is this just me, or is the system not working?
    Once there is no information or anything coming from the community, recruits walk away from the idea of joining. At least thats what I now think about doing.
    Usually the DI gets a hold of the recruit first, as he would/might have trouble locating the bootcamp request thread.

Maybe you should not just focus on the recruiting, but also the phase after that. And settle a bit on your thoughts about what kind of community you want to be: bunch of friends playing together or a competitive one. Because the subject on your forum lately seems to be about skill levels, not about other things.
    Or maybe you need to recruit differently, be honest on what you want. If you are looking for decent players, just post this, like ask the persons K/D ratio.
    It's really just a casual community, although the thing about the skill levels would require a different topic to be made, or to look at another topic that has discussion over the skill imbalance

I played one game with you guys last sunday. I can say I was maybe the worst player. And wow, there was no more invite anymore for the next game, I waited for 2 hours. It's not like that doens't ring a bell for me...
    You aren't the worst, I haven't played with FC since I stepped down from FM during our H4 wars.

People should have invited you, would mind telling me who is your squad leader?

Also if you want someone to play with just hit me up, I'll friend you or w/e you do on the xbox one to friend someone. I play mostly World of tanks and Warframe, but I wouldn't mind playing halo so long as it's not H4 multiplayer
    "I bought a xbox one to watch my team suck in HD"

Apologies for not inviting you, but the battles were going on (hence the couple of hours wait). To participate in the battles, we need you through a boot camp (which I am still trying to set up!)

Unfortunately REDD is currently lacking drill instructors to run boot camps (despite flak from others), so running boot camps can take a while.
    "Different name, same fate."
    Quote Originally Posted by WM Feedback View Post
    I (Feedback) tried to flank them Barry Soap style, but it didn't really work out and I just ended up hiding a lot
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
    Damn you barry, being seductive to all those recruits by painting vivid, purdy imagery with your words.

Thanks a lot for your replies, I was afraid I would get flamed at but I'm glad that's not the case.
    As for my squad leader, I don't know who that is. I didn't even knew I was in a squad.

I'm sorry but while typing this message I got someone on the door coming on a visit so I will reply when they left. Shouldn't be too long.
    So Ill give you guys a proper reply later if you dont mind Thanks

Hey Barry Soap, there was no offense on you really for not inviting. I get the fact that this community comes with certain rules and I'm happy about that. Otherwise it'd maybe be some uncontrolled chaos.

And thanks Nicholas Sapien, I'll add you for some World of Tanks and Halo games!

Quote Originally Posted by BrightShadow NL View Post
    And thanks Nicholas Sapien, I'll add you for some World of Tanks and Halo games!
    Dear god Nick actually has someone to play world of tanks with now, let the world rejoice!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Sapien View Post
    Also if you want someone to play with just hit me up, I'll friend you or w/e you do on the xbox one to friend someone. I play mostly World of tanks and Warframe, but I wouldn't mind playing halo so long as it's not H4 multiplayer
    Same if you are up for some H4 matchmaking, hit me up sometime and I can join you guys

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy View Post
    Not to be a picky asshole

Elite BLUE Veteran
    Spirit of Hope
    Vacuus Quietis
    Psalms of Planets
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fearfulpenguin View Post
    Dear god Nick actually has someone to play world of tanks with now, let the world rejoice!!

Same if you are up for some H4 matchmaking, hit me up sometime and I can join you guys
    Sweet jesus I found somebody!
    "I bought a xbox one to watch my team suck in HD"

Quote Originally Posted by BrightShadow NL View Post
    Hi, first of all, thanks to whoever wants to read this. I know I'm just a recruit and I don't want to mingle in another discussion. What I do want is tell you guys whats on my mind and maybe even help out a little.

The title of the post I replied to before joining was "Interested in a mature community? (Not a clan!)" on the Xbox forums.
    In my eyes, a community means a group of friends playing games together. There would be a LIGHT competetive edge as said in the post...

I sent a message to join. Posted a bit, sent some messages but have never been spoken too nor someone explaining anything about what you do and who you are as a community. Yes there was someone sending me answers too my question, but does the recruit have to take the initiative, or the community?

Sorry for my English btw. Just wanted to share my thoughts. I may have just joined at a bad timing, but hey, we're all people here and can take some critisism. Maybe I'm the one being wrong but then I'd like it if I was explained this. Thanks!
    All the credit has to go to you Brightshadow, to come out and say that when you're this new to the community in commendable. You've shown yourself to be mature and forward. Hopefully you stay and stick in here, it's not always this bad trust me! I can see you having a 'Bright' future here
    You are not a godless fucking moron
    You are still a moron but not a godless fucking one
    - Silko, 2016

I agree with Solus, you should never feel intimidated to come out and give us feedback. The passion of the community's members are what drives it to success through rough patches. I see great potential in you, recruit!
    "Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty."
    ON THE WATCH
    REMEMBER REACH

Thread Information