Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    The Elder Trolls V:
    The King of the HEEL
    GAMEHEEL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    ?
    Posts
    192
    Blog Posts
    3

    Lightbulb ***Revamping the Community***

    Listen.. GAMEHEEL here:
    I've been here, done that.

    (I'm enlisted as you can see)
    And the Forerunners have sent me here to keep this thing alive.. you feel?
    Look, I know we just implemented this "draft" thingy. But I think the main focus should be recruiting and promoting Forerunner Conflict. Or eventually we won't have anyone to draft. And honestly I don't want FC to die.

    It just takes a little bit of effort people! I was recruited off of a all-recent-players message. Weird.. right? I'm sitting there, minding my own business, twiddling my thumbs.. and all of a sudden a notification pops up on my screen. A message that sort of changed my life (in a way): VerbotenDonkey sent you a message

    And that was it, I was drawn in by the word "community". It involved battles, and game nights, two great armies battling for control and victory.
    A BROTHERHOOD, and an EMPIRE.


    Where did that FC go..? Did it die..? That's the only answer I can really accept.. either that or everyone stopped trying. FC used to be GREAT, lively personalities, and people I'll never forget. I got alot of great memories from FC.. and I hope there's alot more for the new generation. It's sad to say my best time here was Reach. And I'll never get that time back.

    But besides me.. there's something you can do! YES YOU! Reading this right now! You can recruit! Send messages! Promote FC! It's a community where teamwork AND friendship came be made through the games of HALO, and the lore of Forerunner Conflict!

    Send out messages to recent players in public games, go in game chat, REACH OUT to people. Try! Succeed! ..Or at least you can say you tried. You feel..?

    *On another- side- very small idea- note.. we should have a side war on Halo: Reach. Since it is backwards compatible. And my favorite game FC has played..*
    Quote Originally Posted by RetRdidMunkie
    YEAH SON, HE CAME WITH THAT HEAT SON. FUCK WHAT YOU HEARD, THIS RIGHT HERE IS ART, HE'LL CRUSH THE COMPETITION, SON. REAL TALK NAHMEAN?


    I'd die over these Reeboks, you ain't even know it -Rick Ross

  2. #2

    Re: ***Revamping the Community***

    +1
    Lee is my baby


    You are not a godless fucking moron
    You are still a moron but not a godless fucking one
    - Silko, 2016

  3. #3

    Re: ***Revamping the Community***

    Quote Originally Posted by GAMEHEEL View Post
    (I'm enlisted as you can see)
    And the Forerunners have sent me here to keep this thing alive.. you feel?
    Look, I know we just implemented this "draft" thingy. But I think the main focus should be recruiting and promoting Forerunner Conflict. Or eventually we won't have anyone to draft. And honestly I don't want FC to die.
    I hate to be blunt here but threads like this have been made MILLIONS of times. It's not as simple as, "Hey guys! Get on Halo and start recruiting, you lazy fucks". A large majority of the community don't play Halo 5 consistently to my knowledge, myself included. The people who do play Halo 5 either don't want to recruit, or play with people who aren't good candidates for the community.

    Plus, the draft is trying to fix the bigger issue of skill imbalance and enjoyment of battle night, so that when recruits come on Sunday, they aren't being forced out by dominating losses.

    Hate to say it, but this thread isn't gonna do anything to motivate those who already don't enjoy Halo 5. Sorry. :/
    "Different name, same fate."
    Quote Originally Posted by WM Feedback View Post
    I (Feedback) tried to flank them Barry Soap style, but it didn't really work out and I just ended up hiding a lot
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
    Damn you barry, being seductive to all those recruits by painting vivid, purdy imagery with your words.

  4. #4

    Re: ***Revamping the Community***

    Quote Originally Posted by GAMEHEEL View Post
    Listen.. GAMEHEEL here:
    I've been here, done that.

    (I'm enlisted as you can see)
    And the Forerunners have sent me here to keep this thing alive.. you feel?
    Look, I know we just implemented this "draft" thingy. But I think the main focus should be recruiting and promoting Forerunner Conflict. Or eventually we won't have anyone to draft. And honestly I don't want FC to die.

    It just takes a little bit of effort people! I was recruited off of a all-recent-players message. Weird.. right? I'm sitting there, minding my own business, twiddling my thumbs.. and all of a sudden a notification pops up on my screen. A message that sort of changed my life (in a way): VerbotenDonkey sent you a message

    And that was it, I was drawn in by the word "community". It involved battles, and game nights, two great armies battling for control and victory.
    A BROTHERHOOD, and an EMPIRE.


    Where did that FC go..? Did it die..? That's the only answer I can really accept.. either that or everyone stopped trying. FC used to be GREAT, lively personalities, and people I'll never forget. I got alot of great memories from FC.. and I hope there's alot more for the new generation. It's sad to say my best time here was Reach. And I'll never get that time back.

    But besides me.. there's something you can do! YES YOU! Reading this right now! You can recruit! Send messages! Promote FC! It's a community where teamwork AND friendship came be made through the games of HALO, and the lore of Forerunner Conflict!

    Send out messages to recent players in public games, go in game chat, REACH OUT to people. Try! Succeed! ..Or at least you can say you tried. You feel..?

    *On another- side- very small idea- note.. we should have a side war on Halo: Reach. Since it is backwards compatible. And my favorite game FC has played..*
    We have a plan. It doesn't get implemented till after the elections.
    <img src=http://i.imgur.com/2p49FdE.png border=0 alt= />
    "I should join bellator"~Anarchy
    "Does this layout make my base look big?"~Legendary Nova

  5. #5

    Re: ***Revamping the Community***

    Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyLilith View Post
    We have a plan. It doesn't get implemented till after the elections.
    To be blunt, the vast majority of perfectly legitimate plans are thrown away because "it's just so different, not the same you're changing things!"

    I hope this isn't another repeat


    Also this thread is lolz, why the layout, IT MAKES IT A BIT HARD TO READ
    "Gamers always believe that an epic win is possible and that it's always worth trying, and trying now."













  6. #6
    Senior Citizen Silko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    In a galaxy far far away.....
    Posts
    3,490
    Blog Posts
    1

    Re: ***Revamping the Community***


    REDD or BLUE Resistance comes through!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    Silko isn't an innate troublemaker, and doesn't intentionally break the rules.
    Co-Founder of the Resistance
    Undefeated on Reach

  7. #7
    Senior Citizen riphelix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Everywhere & Nowhere
    Posts
    507
    Blog Posts
    8

    Re: ***Revamping the Community***

    I'm hungry. Who wants to go get lunch?
    "Pollen is bee semen, right?" -PolychromeVirus, 2016

    "Your forefathers wisely set aside their compassion. Steeled themselves for what needed to be done.
    I see now why they left you behind. You were weak, and gods must be strong." -Prophet of Truth







  8. #8
    The Elder Trolls V:
    The King of the HEEL
    GAMEHEEL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    ?
    Posts
    192
    Blog Posts
    3

    Re: ***Revamping the Community***

    Quote Originally Posted by Silko View Post
    If you're trying to suggest that I'm trolling then you are mistaken Silko..
    Last edited by GAMEHEEL; 06-26-2016 at 03:28 PM. Reason: ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by RetRdidMunkie
    YEAH SON, HE CAME WITH THAT HEAT SON. FUCK WHAT YOU HEARD, THIS RIGHT HERE IS ART, HE'LL CRUSH THE COMPETITION, SON. REAL TALK NAHMEAN?


    I'd die over these Reeboks, you ain't even know it -Rick Ross

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Website maintained by Metkil5685 and Mythonian.