Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars VII

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: kazinsser

Re: Star Wars VII

Quote Originally Posted by UNLUCKY NUM13ER View Post
    Halo & Star Wars are hands down the 2 best Sci Fi series out there. It's just Star Wars was our parents generation & Halo is ours.

Anyways yea, Star Wars VII...if they do it right I can totally get into it.
    All of this.

Banned BANNED USER
    Blog Posts

Disney Buys LucasFilm from George Lucas, Star wars episode 7 targeted for 2015.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=69442

Sorry if already posted. I searched around a bit for it, I'm outraged by this and figured this'd be a good place to discuss this pathetic cash cow franchise.

Blog Posts

Re: Disney Buys LucasFilm from George Lucas, Star wars episode 7 targeted for 2015.

Yeah it has already been posted. Can we get another forum merger? Also on the whole subject lets not be so quick to judge. This could be a positive thing. Lucas has been butt fucking stars for the last 20 years

REDD or BLUE Resistance comes through!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    Silko isn't an innate troublemaker, and doesn't intentionally break the rules.
    Co-Founder of the Resistance
    Undefeated on Reach

Merged

~ Forerunner Conflict War 1 Veteran ~

Banned BANNED USER
    Blog Posts

Re: Disney Buys LucasFilm from George Lucas, Star wars episode 7 targeted for 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Silko View Post
    Yeah it has already been posted. Can we get another forum merger? Also on the whole subject lets not be so quick to judge. This could be a positive thing. Lucas has been butt fucking stars for the last 20 years
    But they could also fuck up the perception of the original episodes.

Blog Posts

As for Ep 7 that is coming out, it has been said they are going with a story that has not yet been told so odds are we will not be getting Thrawn or several of the other major story arches in this movie. We have no time line of how far after the destruction of the 2nd Death Star they are taking this. So everyone just clam down. Remember Disney also owns Marvel and we can all see how well they have done with Iron Man, Capt America and of course the Avengers. Let us save our judgement for when we get some real concrete info. Anything we hear in the next half of a year to a year can be changed 3/4 times.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LyricsMode View Post
    But they could also fuck up the perception of the original episodes.
    I really doubt they will do anything to the original eps beyond what Lucas has already done. Hell they could go back and fix some shit like the whole "Han shot first" deal. Remember Disney has been connected for some time with Star Wars ie Star Tours and marketing. The marketing team will know there would be a major outcry if they started to mess with the old series for no reason like Lucas did.

Undefeated on Reach

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by UNLUCKY NUM13ER View Post
    Halo & Star Wars are hands down the 2 best Sci Fi series out there.
    In current media, yes. Out there, as in out of all of the sci-fi ever written or created? No.

Go read the Foundation series by Issac Asimov. He not only wrote sci-fi, but was an actual Physicist aswell.

Don't get me wrong, I love Star Wars, and I love Halo. But they are not on the top of the list for sci-fi.

My Desk

"A rank is only as respectable as the man who holds it."

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nocte View Post
    In current media, yes. Out there, as in out of all of the sci-fi ever written or created? No.

Go read the Foundation series by Issac Asimov. He not only wrote sci-fi, but was an actual Physicist aswell.

Don't get me wrong, I love Star Wars, and I love Halo. But they are not on the top of the list for sci-fi.
    I would agree on the Halo thing but Star Wars is definitely on the top 5 list of greatest Sci Fi ever. I would personally put it as number 1. It has one of the largest communities and the fact that it was created over 40 years ago and is still the massive power house it is today speaks wonders about it. Lucas has re-released the first 3 Star Wars movies several times and has made billions off of it.

Undefeated on Reach

Banned BANNED USER
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Silko View Post
    I would agree on the Halo thing but Star Wars is definitely on the top 5 list of greatest Sci Fi ever. I would personally put it as number 1. It has one of the largest communities and the fact that it was created over 40 years ago and is still the massive power house it is today speaks wonders about it. Lucas has re-released the first 3 Star Wars movies several times and has made billions off of it.
    TBH, he could've never re-released them and they'd still be a powerhouse and still be making him millions of dollars, based off all the spinoffs, games, toys.

The prequels aren't that bad, either. They're not as good as the originals, but they serve there purpose. So that got Star wars back on the map to a whole new generation.

Btw, Han shooting first is in the 2006 Re-release. Didn't know that.

Senior Citizen
    Blog Posts

Like Silko said, Disney owns Marvel, and they're still doing a great job with the Avengers and such. I really have no worry about this at all, at least, not until we get some solid info on what the story arc will be. I really hope Mark Hamill gets to appear as Grand Master Skywalker.

Quote Originally Posted by RaZ Vader View Post
    "Yes, WoW will die, alongside those rebel scum."

Thread Information