Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Blog Posts

Re: Website Upgrade 11/2/12

Is there any way to include the "Forerunner Conflict" thing to be included scaling up and down the sides of the forum like the previous one had, along with the various ships in the background? That'd be neat.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: kazinsser

My only complaint is that the register button says "Click Here 2 Register!" rather than "Click Here to Register!"... :P

Other than that, great work, guys!

I like how suggestions are thrown out, after things are released. Anyways, I'll be modifying allot of things, each month is different so yeah.

~ Forerunner Conflict War 1 Veteran ~

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    DeathHawk
    Speaking of my issues with capitalization...

It's "Deathhawk" for a reason lol

Website Administrator
    Skynet is PARTIALLY ACTIVE
    RIP Cyberdyne
    RIP Net of the Sky

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: Mythonian

As I said earlier:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    Disclaimer: Work in progress.

We had to shelf a few things due to time or other issues. Got a number of additional features and things planned to be added in over the next few days.
    Quote Originally Posted by VictimsVestige View Post
    *cough* new Vcash system?
    Coming soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhawk View Post
    Only critisizms I have is that.. there needs to be a (maybe 60% opaque) box around the login/regster parts at the top of the page.
    Metkil told me the same thing yesterday during the livestream. It's set up in our super-secret test skin, but I haven't transferred it over yet. Will do that shortly.

I actually kind of think the system we have now is fine with the Enlisted, Officer, etc, I just remember when there was the push for Rank Specific, don't remember the out-turn of that though. I just remember we said "wait until halo 4" xD But I'm pretty sure REDD/BLUE have the same ranks.
    That's one of the things we had to shelf.

First of all, finding enough unique Halo 4 screenshots with different looking Spartans was difficult just to get the few usergroups we are using at the moment. Reach had a Beta, so we were fine then, but with H4 we can only do so much before the game launches.

Also, we've got to go through and get Mede to make the images, set back up all the usergroups themselves, attach the images, fix permissions, etc., which all takes a lot of time (and honestly is far from our top priority at the moment).

So it won't happen before the Beta War, but it may happen between then and the first real war in January.

Also, just a note, using this skin with Mobile and using the "New/Today's Posts", you can't click on the little number that takes you right to the page, you can only click on the thread titles.
    1) This skin is far from optimized at the moment. A lot of things will be adjusted and fine-tuned to improve loading times and functionality.

2) This skin will not be optimized for mobile browsers.

3) We are working on a mobile skin that will be optimized for mobile, but it's not a high priority and likely won't happen for awhile. I recommend using the default vBulletin mobile skin for the moment until we get it set up, though.

Also, this skin doesn't load on my Laptop either. The stars background does, but the new banner and seasonal background does not. I only knew about it cause after class when I opened my browser, I noticed it had completely loaded. So it just takes awhile.
    That should be fixed once I optimize some things and reduce the cache size required. The reason it wouldn't load is probably because the image cache put the website cache beyond the limit your browser had preset, so it wasn't loaded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy View Post
    The skin took like 3 minutes to finally load on my computer. xD.
    Should be fixed once things are optimized, but for the moment we had to rush some things to get it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by KazuhLLL View Post
    My only complaint is that the register button says "Click Here 2 Register!" rather than "Click Here to Register!"... :P
    That was one of the first things I noticed when we originally decided to use this skin, and I had totally forgotten to change that. That will be changed either tonight or tomorrow, depending on when I find time. xD
    Having trouble on the site? Need an Admin?
    PM me or Metkil5685, we're always online...

Thread Information