Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Director of Project Ascension
    When the Storm Ends
    Memory is the Key
    Moves Like Jagger
    Blog Posts

Re: Halo 4 and FC Wars

Quote Originally Posted by SuRroundeD By 1 View Post
    Depends on how much technology we found. We could say that we found a few Forerunner Constructs heavily forified in Forerunner tech and weapons. If there were enough armories, that could mean thousands, maybe millions of weapons, so the possibility for Forerunner Weaponry isn't too far off, and who knows, why couldn't we have reverse engineered the tech and recreate it for mass production? How many years have passed since the Reach war and these new ones? The Lore could be fit into the explanation.

Plus, game play reasons may ask for it. So far, it's looking like the DMR might be the most powerful precision weapon, so why would I pick up a Light Rifle or Suppressor if I already have a DMR? Using it as a map pick-up wouldn't work very well . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHammer View Post
    I'll end the lore discussion right now...

It is being taken care of.
    With that being posted in your arguement, let's get down to the gameplay. I'm not saying display them out like power weapons bud. If you ever look around your base in ANY map we have used on FC battlenights, you will see that around bases we tend to have a few non power weapons. On Delta Facility, we had a magnum, plasma pistol, plasma repeater, 2 plasma grenades, and a needle rifle strewn across the base. I'm saying that keep our weaponry in loadouts (if we don't use personalized loadouts) primarily UNSC based, and keep most of the covenant/forerunner weaponry strewn across the base as I just pointed out.

They aren't power weapons, so they shouldn't be treated as such, but if we go ahead and flood ourselves with forerunner weaponry... Sorry that doesn't really seem to mesh with the rest of the lore. And yes, if we found an assload of forerunner tech, then sure, but regardless even if we did find that much, if it's a tool you are unfamiliar with, you run scenarios with it before putting it into field use. How many variants of the M16 have there been that have gone through testing before being implemented into the field in full effect?
    Project Ascension

Where damnation seems inevitable, I will still raise my hands in hope of redemption.
    morte ai nostri nemici la tua guerra è persa non puoi distruggere
    Ortus verum est iam lost nobis. Exuro per lies illae universitas quod reperio vestri verum
    "Addio amico mio"

I like the barrier idea and I agree with the rank bars being darker

I'm back

When the Storm Ends
    Memory is the Key
    Moves Like Jagger
    Blog Posts

Once again pushing for specified rank tags, not simply enlisted, officers, flag officers, and so on.
    Project Ascension

Where damnation seems inevitable, I will still raise my hands in hope of redemption.
    Ortus verum est iam lost nobis. Exuro per lies illae universitas quod reperio vestri verum
    "Addio amico mio"

For those about to rock
    We salute you!

Quote Originally Posted by Salvanous View Post
    With that being posted in your arguement, let's get down to the gameplay. I'm not saying display them out like power weapons bud. If you ever look around your base in ANY map we have used on FC battlenights, you will see that around bases we tend to have a few non power weapons. On Delta Facility, we had a magnum, plasma pistol, plasma repeater, 2 plasma grenades, and a needle rifle strewn across the base. I'm saying that keep our weaponry in loadouts (if we don't use personalized loadouts) primarily UNSC based, and keep most of the covenant/forerunner weaponry strewn across the base as I just pointed out.

They aren't power weapons, so they shouldn't be treated as such, but if we go ahead and flood ourselves with forerunner weaponry... Sorry that doesn't really seem to mesh with the rest of the lore. And yes, if we found an assload of forerunner tech, then sure, but regardless even if we did find that much, if it's a tool you are unfamiliar with, you run scenarios with it before putting it into field use. How many variants of the M16 have there been that have gone through testing before being implemented into the field in full effect?
    Alright, I can see the first argument, but I'd still feel like the Forerunner and Covenant weapons would just be clutter on the map.

For the second argument, you're right, it would take sometime to find how the LR would work, maybe even take a few years to master the weapon, what if the Halo 4 wars happen 50-60 years after the Reach Wars (Not likely, but even 5-10 years would be enough time)? We could stretch the timeline to fit the Forerunner Weaponry, and as GhostHammer said, they have the lore covered.

(By Ireland Wolf)

Lore Author
    Spartans Never Die
    Facta Non Verba
    Winter Is Coming
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: ighosthammeri

I'd invite you all to look at the Lore section of the forums but, wait, where? It's missing! Hmmm, wonder what could be happening...

That's all the teaser you guys are getting :P

When the Storm Ends
    Memory is the Key
    Moves Like Jagger
    Blog Posts

Thus why moving past it. In regards to the forerunner and covenant weaponry placement, I am not saying make a tidy little pile of it in each base. I mean simply place them around the base for easy access. The guys forging our maps already know how to do it, and I trust them to do it well. I simply am saying that IF we go with predetermined loadouts, then that is how we ought to do it, not have ourselves flooded with forerunner tech in our loadouts. It cheapens the gun, and makes the weapon seem common, where since we are FORERUNNER CONFLICT, and our lore to this point as has been over obtaining and maintaining forerunner weaponry, it should be seen as a valuable, or less frequent weapon. This last part is a bit of a strained arguement, I know, but the overall display I make is what I stand by most strongly.
    Project Ascension

"Addio amico mio"

Blog Posts

Hmm ... it would be interesting to make it happen so that the losing Faction gets less Forerunner Weaponry access ... ideas ideas. :P
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

When the Storm Ends
    Memory is the Key
    Moves Like Jagger
    Blog Posts

Then that creates busy work and regulating that. Not to mention then we have people complaining about unfairness between sides. I would simply try to make sure that we don't go treating like forerunner weaponry like every day weaponry.
    Project Ascension

"Addio amico mio"

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHammer View Post
    I'd invite you all to look at the Lore section of the forums but, wait, where? It's missing! Hmmm, wonder what could be happening...

That's all the teaser you guys are getting :P
    lol

I'm back

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: kazinsser

Quote Originally Posted by SuRroundeD By 1 View Post
    Personally, I think (at least for the beta war) we should be able to customize our classes at will, and however we want to. Power weapons and etc will still be on map but I want to be able to spawn with any Primary if I've already unlocked it.
    Agreed. IMO, we should use the beta war as a chance to test how Halo 4 works with as close to default settings as possible. If certain aspects of the game are too unbalanced for our tastes, then of course we should take them out. (I have my eye on you, Promethean Vision.)

Not only would using Vanilla H4 allow us to each play to our own tastes, but it would make for an easier transition for newcomers to the community. Recruits coming in wouldn't have to keep track out what loadouts we offer for each gametype on each map, or the additions of spawn-at-start weapons that seem to be nonexistent in the new gamemodes. I say we try out the new sandbox that 343 has made for us before we decide to replace it with Halo 3-reminiscient settings.

Thread Information