25 46.30%
  • Get rid of that crap.

29 53.70%
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: BOLT SHOT

Re: BOLT SHOT

Quote Originally Posted by Al Capone111 View Post
    What game are you playing? That shit happens all the fucking time
    If you pull it out and try to use it like that you're dead. You have to break contact with your enemy, get them to follow you and charge it up before they get there. It's useless unless it's a surprise.

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: kazinsser

Quote Originally Posted by THExSPIDERMAN View Post
    It's not like people are pulling it out mid firefight and using it
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Capone111 View Post
    What game are you playing? That shit happens all the fucking time
    ^What he said. Lol.

Anyway, most of my problems with the gun aren't during Slayer games—it's fine when you have real 1v1 shootouts. It's when you start getting into the objective ones. Camping flag spawn, camping hill, camping a dominion base, camping an extraction point, guarding camping your team's ball carrier, etc. Using Pvision in slayer games, if I see someone crouching around the corner with a boltshot I just ignore them and go kill someone else. But you can't just ignore the objective and expect to win. If I wanted to play such a campy 1-shot-kill game, I'd just start a lobby of shotty-snipes on Exile or go play COD.

Quote Originally Posted by KazuhLLL View Post
    ^What he said. Lol.

Anyway, most of my problems with the gun aren't during Slayer games—it's fine when you have real 1v1 shootouts. It's when you start getting into the objective ones. Camping flag spawn, camping hill, camping a dominion base, camping an extraction point, guarding camping your team's ball carrier, etc. Using Pvision in slayer games, if I see someone crouching around the corner with a boltshot I just ignore them and go kill someone else. But you can't just ignore the objective and expect to win. If I
    wanted to play such a campy 1-shot-kill game, I'd just start a game of shotty-snipes on Exile or something.
    Lure them out. As I've stated before the boltshots slow reload and charge are a huge weakness. Walk in for half a second and back out, he has wasted a shot and because of that he's dead. And if you see a boltshot user before he charged his gun and he still kills you, you're just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by mad bagger12 View Post
    Oh no no no. I do not like the Bolt Shot lol I was just making a joke lol
    Haha, sorry I used you for the example then. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Gargoyle View Post
    Before anyone else makes a post, someone correct me:

Did we not make a poll about preset loadouts vs. personal loadouts for the wars?
    We did in fact have a poll about personal vs preset loadouts for the wars. It was a hefty win towards personal loadouts.

If all you have is anecdotal evidence, you may as well stop talking.
    Quote Originally Posted by xXReiBearXx View Post
    You need to stop being so rude mr

Keep it civil and constructive people.

If you pull it out and try to use it like that you're dead. You have to break contact with your enemy, get them to follow you and charge it up before they get there. It's useless unless it's a surprise.
    This is so true. Mid-combat it's so useless. However, as KazuhLLL was saying, its a very campy weapon where objectives are typically located. But again, this is where the game of adaption comes in. With the exception of some places where people can hide in oddball, almost all objective locations have more the one way to get to the objective. Being a Halo player you have to learn how to counter what might in the objective location. You may die a couple times trying to counter, but once you figure out how, you have them in your pocket for a few kills now until they adapt to what your doing. This is the cycle of competitive games. I see this kind of thing in every other competitive game I play.

Also fair warning to everyone, any more nonconstructive posts relating to this topic will lead to an infraction the closing of this thread. Keep it civil, respectful, and constructive.
    Photobucket is garage, sig coming eventually.
    Need an Admin? Contact me, I am always around.
    "Metkil is the best admin ever" - Silko 2015
    "metkil is god, metkil is life" - Guzzie 2016

Blog Posts

Spidey, I'm a huge fan and all, but you're kinda skipping the whole "friendly neighborhood" part.

My Desk

"A rank is only as respectable as the man who holds it."

Blog Posts

yay getting rid of it is now in the lead..

Quote Originally Posted by Nocte View Post
    Spidey, I'm a huge fan and all, but you're kinda skipping the whole "friendly neighborhood" part.
    Sorry man, I had the black suit on today.

While the Boltshot can be used to camp corners or objective spawn areas, I still like it. Many people have started using this weapon online, some in better ways than others. The now excessive use of the weapon forces the rest of us to evolve our gameplay and tactics to cope with and overcome its use as a campers gun. The gun is a part of the game and therefore deserves to stay in our games.

so... the bolt shot is overpowered?

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Arbiter1 View Post
    so... the bolt shot is overpowered?
    No. It's too easy to counter to be overpowered.

Thread Information