View Poll Results: Should there be orindance drops in FC!?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lose the ordinannies

29 39.19%
  • Keep the Ordinances

29 39.19%
  • Tweek the personal drops

16 21.62%
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    FC Podcast Co-Host
    Useless without Jam

Re: Ordinance Drop during battles

It seems to me that one of the major issues being brought up is a skill gap. But that is implying that the skill gap wouldn't be there if ordinances were removed. If a player isn't too hot, and there is someone better than them on the other team, the better player will win even if its just a DMR fight.

If anything, ordinances, IMO, introduce a nice little bit of unpredictability. With ordinances, like Garg said, a novice player may get rockets, with the hardened vet getting a SAW. It's based in luck, but adds a little bit of balance on its own. Now that novice player stands a chance against the vet. It adds a little zest. You don't have the same people sweeping every week. Granted, certain people are just good. They will always do well and help lead their army to victory. But now, their power is corrected for in a way, giving people who aren't as good a way to compete. And if this seems unfair to the vet, their salvation is that they will receive more ordinances than the novices. I see it as balancing itself out, with an added hint of unpredictability that changes things up from week to week.

I believe that the ordinance drops make what should be close games into one team getting steam rolled.

Quote Originally Posted by JIMI HENRIX View Post
    I believe that the ordinance drops make what should be close games into one team getting steam rolled.
    Well said.

Cthulhu Cultist
    Blame Canada
    The Cake is a lie
    Blog Posts

Just tweek them a bit. Maybe smaller maps cut back on the heavy weapon chance (rockets, FR, etc). Bigger maps maybe cut the sniper class weapons back a bit.

I know when I play I give away about half my drops. Same with my squad. We often trade drops. Like I get a sniper (which I suck with) so I call it in and Max or someone else will grab it. Someone gets rockets but they dont want them, they call it in and i grab it.

Al Capone111 doesn't do what Al Capone111 does for Al Capone111.
    Al Capone111 does what Al Capone111 does because Al Capone111 is Al Capone111.

I'm not an asshole, I'm just not afraid to say how I feel.

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Al Capone111 View Post
    Just tweek them a bit. Maybe smaller maps cut back on the heavy weapon chance (rockets, FR, etc). Bigger maps maybe cut the sniper class weapons back a bit.

I know when I play I give away about half my drops. Same with my squad. We often trade drops. Like I get a sniper (which I suck with) so I call it in and Max or someone else will grab it. Someone gets rockets but they dont want them, they call it in and i grab it.
    This. Compromise. Taking them all the way out i don't fully think is right. Keeping them this way however, i dont agree with either.
    It may be a bit more work for the forge depart. but it makes things better IMO

I'm right back at it again...

I would like to say that everyone sucks at spelling "tweak".

That is all.
    Former Field Marshal and General of the BLUE Army
    The Undisputed "Race" Champion of the Forerunner Conflict's 8th Anniversary Celebrations

Click here to buy some awesome apparel! Half of the profit from FC-related swag goes right back to FC!

This is a perfect point which I have seen so much and once one side gets ordinance they get the advantage and can run away with the game and no matter how much team work you have and how much you change your approach it wont change the difference once that one team has them, it's game over from that point on.

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: kazinsser

Quote Originally Posted by Toast78901 View Post
    So you all want fairness huh? Okay, lets get rid of ordinances. Wait... It's still not fair? Okay then, looks like we need to switch to predetermined loadouts. Wait.. still not? Okay, lets autobalance every team, so every team has a good sniper, grenadier, driver and gunner, etc. Then it'll be truly fair, right? Wait, no... there's still the problem of lag introducing an unfair advantage... So let's all pitch in and create a fund so FC can provide all of us with the same internet connection. Sounds good right?
    IMO, what you're suggesting is less how to make a "fair" game and more how to make a "super-competitive" game. There is a strong correlation between the two so it depends on the person where they see the lines of overlap. If I (and the rest of the competition-lovers in FC) wanted to play a "super-competitive" game, we'd all go join MLG or AGL or gamebattles or whatever league best suited us. I don't play with FC expecting "super-competitive" gametypes. But I (and I'm sure many others) do expect the games to follow the one underlying rule of all competitions: that the team who plays better always wins. Yes, with personal ordnance the better team usually wins, but there are still many games that are won specifically because of ordnance. The stuff about lag and team skill is irrelevant because those are things that are either impossible or at least very difficult to control. Turning off personal ordnance is as easy as the flip of a switch.

Quote Originally Posted by bazongaman502 View Post
    I have to ask this...

We had a Beta War to test things out. Why weren't this issues ever brought up when after every battlenight in the results page we asked what you wanted to see fixed?

We had a war devoted to changes and none of these were brought up?
    Many people were away or very inactive during the peacetime/holidays. There were a few issues that were brought up here and there, but with the low playerbase none really exploded into good conversation like this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gargoyle View Post
    Okie dokie, went through 9 pages, time to give my input.
    I even made my points in different pretty colors so it's better than a wall of white text = tl;dr
    I agree with absolutely everything you said.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxdoggy View Post
    I would like to say that everyone sucks at spelling "tweak".
    Lmao, agreed.

Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Capone111 View Post
    As far as the sharing goes, they're just another reason why I'd prefer not to have ordnance. Take yesterday's Sanctuary G15 against REDWATCH, for example. Between the three snipers that spawned on Blue side throughout the duration of the match and Al Capone and M24C each giving me a sniper, I literally had a sniper in my hands the entire time. I ended up goins 20-7, with seventeen of them being sniper kills. And on top of that, all but one was a headshot(not trying to brag here, just saying it's not like they had too many chances to run away). Now am I trying to take sole credit for that win? Hell no--both Max and M24C put in way more slaying power than me. What I will take a large chunk of credit for is helping my team maintain mid control. If REDDWATCH popped out of their base for a half second too long, they'd either get their shields dropped or outright killed, making it much harder for them to push mid and take control. I understand that's the power of the sniper but without personal ordnance it would've been a much closer game (as my time with it would've been halved), and it could have easily swung in REDWATCH's favor. (Shoutout to all you guys for your great sportsmanship, btw! )

Oh god this is the bolt shot thread all over again
    "No More Miss Nice Bear Time To Bring Out My Claws"

holy shit I didn't think this many replies would be done withing 10 hours not even since I last posted o_o

Thread Information