View Poll Results: Should there be orindance drops in FC!?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lose the ordinannies

29 39.19%
  • Keep the Ordinances

29 39.19%
  • Tweek the personal drops

16 21.62%
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: kazinsser

Re: Ordinance Drop during battles

I wouldn't mind if they were removed, because playing against 2 snipers, 2 rocketeers, a railgunner, a feul rod guy, and a binary rifle user all at the same time is quite annoying. (slight overexaggeration)

Really though, personal ordnances are the last luck-related thing that hasn't been removed from FC. Sure, it "adds some flavor" to the games, but I remember still having fun back in Halo 3 even without personal ordnances If many are for it, we could compromise by limiting it to Slayer-only like Matchmaking does, or removing it from the "Heavy" gametypes or something.

If it were to get removed, the static weapon spawns need to be changed to 3-minute timers. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by KazuhLLL View Post
    I wouldn't mind if they were removed, because playing against 2 snipers, 2 rocketeers, a railgunner, a feul rod guy, and a binary rifle user all at the same time is quite annoying. (slight overexaggeration)

Really though, personal ordnances are the last luck-related thing that hasn't been removed from FC. Sure, it "adds some flavor" to the games, but I remember still having fun back in Halo 3 even without personal ordnances If many are for it, we could compromise by limiting it to Slayer-only like Matchmaking does, or removing it from the "Heavy" gametypes or something. If it were to get removed, the static weapon spawns need to be changed to 3-minute timers. Just saying.
    Verboten brought up a good point in that it counters quick vehicle respawns. What if it were removed for game types without vehicles.

Mystery Meats Co-Founder Platinum's Avatar
    Blog Posts

Ordinance doesn't dictate games, skill and communication does. I killed tons of people who had rockets from ordinance. Jetpacking!
    If a team can manage to control the map and get enough kills to earn the ordinance, then they deserve it. It isn't a game breaking element, it's a reward system.

The matches would have the same outcomes, the same team winning. The score for the winning team would be higher because of ordinance. Skill trumps all aspects in the game.

Blog Posts
    Livestreams

Quote Originally Posted by Specact View Post
    Verboten brought up a good point in that it counters quick vehicle respawns. What if it were removed for game types without vehicles.
    Ehhh. IMO, being able to spawn with Plasma Pistols and 3 Plasma grenades per person is already a huge counter to vehicles. H4's vehicles are already pretty weak even if all you do is team-DMR it. (Granted they're all tanks compared to Reach's vehicles, but still).

Platinum we have heard from people that played today that say it DID affect the outcome.

Although Donkey does make a great point. I did not consider using ordinances for countering vehicles. That is what I usually use them for.

However one could also argue that map weapons/ordinances can be used to counter vehicles. That is how it worked in Halos 2, 3 and Reach.

maybe we can agree to have some gametypes without personal ordinance?

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Commander Money View Post
    However one could also argue that map weapons/ordinances can be used to counter vehicles. That is how it worked in Halos 2, 3 and Reach.
    In FC, initial weapons respawn only every 5 minutes. Warthogs/Mantis have either a 2 or 3 minute timer.

Not a huge deal, obviously. But Mantis's are pretty strong. But on Warthog Maps, DMRs are just as deadly against them, I agree, along with PP and Plasma Grenades.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Quote Originally Posted by Al Capone111 View Post
    Cause getting a choice between pulse grenades, a needler, and a speed boost is really a game changer on any map.
    But the fact is that not everyone gets only those choices. Then with things like the reroll perk and other shit its to imbalanced. I always pefered the weapons spawning on the map anyway...

Blog Posts
    Livestreams

Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    In FC, initial weapons respawn only every 5 minutes. Warthogs/Mantis have either a 2 or 3 minute timer.

Not a huge deal, obviously. But Mantis's are pretty strong. But on Warthog Maps, DMRs are just as deadly against them, I agree, along with PP and Plasma Grenades.
    Of course removing a current aspect of this game will make certain things unbalanced, like the Mantis. However it would be a simple thing to rebalance keeping in mind the fewer power weapons (such as raising the Mantis spawn time to 4:30-5:00).

When it comes down to it, it's basically a choice between the "Competitive" side or the "Fun" side. I personally consider playing a fair, predictable, no-luck game fun regardless of whether I actually win or not, but to each his (or her) own. If this had been brought up when H4 was released, I'd have said to keep personal ordnance. They were a new, "fun" addition to the game. But the novelty of it has worn off quite a bit for me. Sure, I can tolerate them, but that's mostly because I'm generally on the winning side of the ordnance drops, tbh :P

With so many voting to keep the personal ordnance drops I highly doubt it will be removed, but considering how many have voted to remove it I'd say some sort of compromise needs to be brought to the table.

Blog Posts

Well, there was sort of a compromise in that ordinance was increased from 150 to 200 (although I think that was only for objective). I'm pretty sure I only got 1 ordinance drop all game in the only game I played tonight though xD I didn't notice too many coming down though. Typically, you won't get that many per game anyway, so I wouldn't count it as game breaking. Not to mention, if you have a problem with Ordinance rerolling, you CAN use it yourself. However, there are, in my opinion, better perks to choose that will allow you to outmaneuver the ordinance person anyway.

As for the Mantis, true however take Ragnarok for example. Whoever gets the Hill first gets the Laser. And then they can laser your Mantis and then they have Laser AND their Mantis. And the only really instant counter to the Mantis, let's be honest, is another Mantis. So it's kind of unfair if there was only the laser to use. At least that's my perspective on it. (I would like each Team getting their own laser to counter the Mantis, but that's just me).
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Thread Information