View Poll Results: Should there be orindance drops in FC!?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lose the ordinannies

29 39.19%
  • Keep the Ordinances

29 39.19%
  • Tweek the personal drops

16 21.62%
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: kazinsser

Re: Ordinance Drop during battles

Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    Well, there was sort of a compromise in that ordinance was increased from 150 to 200 (although I think that was only for objective). I'm pretty sure I only got 1 ordinance drop all game in the only game I played tonight though xD I didn't notice too many coming down though. Typically, you won't get that many per game anyway, so I wouldn't count it as game breaking. Not to mention, if you have a problem with Ordinance rerolling, you CAN use it yourself. However, there are, in my opinion, better perks to choose that will allow you to outmaneuver the ordinance person anyway.

As for the Mantis, true however take Ragnarok for example. Whoever gets the Hill first gets the Laser. And then they can laser your Mantis and then they have Laser AND their Mantis. And the only really instant counter to the Mantis, let's be honest, is another Mantis. So it's kind of unfair if there was only the laser to use. At least that's my perspective on it. (I would like each Team getting their own laser to counter the Mantis, but that's just me).
    Yeah, I know there have already been a few compromises on the personal ordnance but I'm just saying that if people are still complaining about it maybe someone needs to suggest another alternative. Like I said, personal ordnances usually go my way anyway so I won't be heartbroken if they stay in xD

Btw, I'm preeeetty sure FC Ragnarok has a laser on each side. I know it did at one point in the Beta war, but I'm not sure if that was in the final version.

Blog Posts

I'm against them. I don't mind losing a match if they're just better than us. But if its luck... Well, that just sucks. I don't know if it'll be removed this war. But maybe next war... No personal ordinances, and preset loadouts. But have them be basic. Like AR/BR/DMR classes with a magnum. And have AAs and bolt shots and whatnot be in the map instead. I wouldn't mind that. But back to the matter at hand. I don't mind them that much. They're a part of the game. But if it was completely my choice, and I didn't have to worry about other people, I'd take it out. I want to be outmatched. Or outmatch others. No luck involved.

Take Ordinance out. Place re-acurring power weapons on the maps we use and have everyone fight for them the old fashioned way. Ordinance has replaced the need for skillfull map controll in all its entirety. I miss the days of weopon objectives.

Well, let the sparks fly!!! I love how this poll has been up for only an hour or two and there's already almost 100 relpies to this subject. In all honesty I'm supriesed it hasn't been shut down yet! Not going to argue but I do notice a reoccuring theme here every week, let't just say we can all guest what DaWhoosh's next comic will be about (sorry if I spelled your GamerTag wrong). Anyway I'll respond to this poll with a couple of questions of my own. I know there's a statbook but I don't know if that keep up with weapons stats like the postgame report, I was wondering if they did because even though it'd be a major pain in the butt if someone would take the weapons stats from a Halo 4 war/game and compare it to a Reach war/game how would the stats fair in terms of power weapons go? Also does anyone know what happend to the pre-set loadouts that were established during the Beta Wars? I was just wondering, because I'll admit I was a bit suprised when I noticed my personal loadouts during the first battle-night. (I'm sure I missed the memo on this subject but I just wanted to find out what happend that's all). Food for thought FC.
    "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thy own understanding. And in all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths!"
    -Proverbs 3:5,6

Is there a way to make it drop support items only? Such as Overshield and speedboost, and gernades?
    I dont know if its on or not for CTF and bomb, but I think it would be easier to just take it off of H30, CTF and Bomb. On games like slayer it wont matter much.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Capone111 View Post
    Cause getting a choice between pulse grenades, a needler, and a speed boost is really a game changer on any map.
    That is certainly a problem... when playing online. Unfortunately, the Forge Department gets to select certain weapons to drop on each map, and can exclude any weapon on any map. They can also limit the chances of getting one weapon over any other. Such as on sanctuary, on the current FC map the shotgun is the primary drop, and the sword is the secondary. Many other weapons are either not a drop option or have such a low percentage of chance that you will never get one.

whichever team strikes first gets ordinance. whoever has ordinance gets kills. whoever gets kills gets more ordinance.and so on and so on in that fashion until we have games where one team has over 200 kills and the other doesn't even have 50 yet. it is rediculous! Many people keep saying that ordinances are based on indevidual skill level, but they aren't. By random luck, lag, or just plain faster reflexes you may get a single kill faster than me and get a rocket drop and before i can even take a step i am dead again, giving you more ordinance and taking away any chances for me to get kills. with no kills i am unable to get any ordinance to fight back and i have to sit there for 15 LOOOONNNNGGGGGG minutes while you spam me with your amazing rockets that fall from the sky.

All i am saying is that there is really no point in having a whole week of practice and training, studying the maps to learn the location of the rockets and the snipers just so that one guy can sit in the back of the map and spawn any gun he feels like from the sky. What is the point of even having weapons on the map if no one is going to use them? no one cares that there is a shotgun up for grabs in the back left corner if they can just hit the left button and have rockets right where they are! If we aren't going to do our best to make a fun and fair competition between both teams why don't we just kill the website and all join MLG. There are a lot of people here that won't even consider dropping the ordinances and i don't understand what exactly you think is fair about them. are you scared that without them you won't win anymore? As many of you have said "the better team will get all the ordinance and win anyways". which is not true at all... but if it is. PROVE IT! get rid of ordinances and we'll just see who wins...

Elite BLUE Veteran
    Spirit of Hope
    Vacuus Quietis
    Psalms of Planets
    Blog Posts

I like how this is already 6 pages long. War council must be debating this in their forums as we speak.
    "I bought a xbox one to watch my team suck in HD"

Quote Originally Posted by ixShakeWeight View Post
    Is there a way to make it drop support items only? Such as Overshield and speedboost, and gernades?
    I dont know if its on or not for CTF and bomb, but I think it would be easier to just take it off of H30, CTF and Bomb. On games like slayer it wont matter much.
    Yes, there is. But that is up to the forge department to handle and without a member of high comm telling them to limit the available drops they won't bother. It is something you have to edit in the gametype itself and it has to be approved by both teams for the specific map, unless we change the rules for every gametype from now on... which is probably not going to happen as it would have to be suggested and approved by just about every member of FC currently in existance.

But, yes. To answer your question, there is an option in the gametype editor that allows you to pick and chose what weapons and abilities will be dropped, where they can be dropped. which ones you are more likely to get and which ones you will only get once per match, if at all. and like i said, as it involves a great deal of effort the Forge Department will not bother unless they are screamed at by High Comm.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Sapien View Post
    I like how this is already 6 pages long. War council must be debating this in their forums as we speak.
    LOL

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet
    FM For 6 wars spanning 3 generations

Thread Information