Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Cthulhu Cultist
    Blame Canada
    The Cake is a lie
    Blog Posts

Re: Play tested the Compromise

Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post

The only option lower than 10 seconds is 5 seconds, which makes it nigh impossible to get the flag out of the enemy base.
    Lame. But glad the other issues are fixed.

Al Capone111 doesn't do what Al Capone111 does for Al Capone111.
    Al Capone111 does what Al Capone111 does because Al Capone111 is Al Capone111.

I'm not an asshole, I'm just not afraid to say how I feel.

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: kazinsser

Quote Originally Posted by JamCliche View Post
    Heavy Ordnance seems to really come to a T on games like Hill 30. Everybody had Rockets and Fuel Rods eventually. They were pretty common. I also didn't like Plasma Pistol starts. It felt the same, since I used PP in BTB anyway. They shut down vehicles more than they did when they were just optional. I'd rather go with Magnums in BTB as well, OR not use the Boltshot compromise in Heavy gametypes. The BS isn't an issue in the larger games anyway, and a lot of people feel limited by cutting out the Firepower perk on big games. So maybe we should limit the Boltshot change to small games, implement the new Ordnance on small games, and work on tweaking the Heavy game Ordnance?
    I quite like this idea. (I mean, I liked the original, too but this seems to have more benefits for both sides). It would solve the PP issue while still allowing people to spawn with Boltshots if they so chose for the larger maps. Also, Firepower--which is much more useful on bigger maps--would still be a viable option.

I still think Heavy games Ordnance should be 200 points, and/or the percentages cut down more for Heavier weapons. Right now the combined percentages for Rockets, Sniper, and Fuel Rod is greater than 25%, which means it's likely that every 3-4 minutes about two people on the opposite team (in 8v8's) will have very heavy weapons. That in itself isn't so bad, but add the heavy map ordnance into the equation and as many as 3-4 will have power weapons every 4 minutes or so. Idk about anyone else, but that seems a little too "fiesta-slayer"-ey to me :P

I would just like to say i'm glad that I can finally leave a comment for once without the thread being closed because of people who are upset with the game atm..... Moving on

I havn't tested out this new setup that you have going on, but so far eliminating the boltshot from small games and leaving it alone in BTB sounds like the best idea so far. I say this because taking out the Bolt shot won't mess me up since I'm one of the few people who doesn't use it unless I've picked it up. And people can have there PeePee shooter on vehicles during BtB. To me this is problem solved.

Btw just because you take Boltshot away won't keep people from camping, nor make it less. I got that last sentence off my chest finally. TY and if nothing gets changed it won't matter because I'm sure that it's not gonna keep most people in FC from playing every sunday anyway.

Cthulhu Cultist
    Blame Canada
    The Cake is a lie
    Blog Posts

Ok, so far we got this out this thread:

In Heavy:
    -Leave classes fully as personal (can spawn with BS or PP, use firepower if wanted)
    -Edit OD rates
    -Edit OD items
    -Would BS and/or PP be placed on maps that use the Heavy gametypes?

In regular:
    -Everyone starts with Mag, everything else personal (no spawning with BS or PP, and Firepower would be useless on these maps)
    -BS and PP on maps
    -Edit OD rates
    -Edit OD item

Is that what everyone is saying in a nutshell? Or did I overlook something?

Elite BLUE Veteran
    Spirit of Hope
    Vacuus Quietis
    Psalms of Planets
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Al Capone111 View Post

In Heavy:
    -Leave classes fully as personal (can spawn with BS or PP, use firepower if wanted)
    -Edit OD rates
    -Edit OD items

In regular:
    -Everyone starts with Mag, everything else personal (no spawning with BS or PP, and Firepower would be useless on these maps)
    -BS and PP on maps
    -Edit OD rates
    -Edit OD item

I like it
    "I bought a xbox one to watch my team suck in HD"

Quote Originally Posted by Kcr33d View Post
    I would just like to say i'm glad that I can finally leave a comment for once without the thread being closed because of people who are upset with the game atm..... Moving on

I havn't tested out this new setup that you have going on, but so far eliminating the boltshot from small games and leaving it alone in BTB sounds like the best idea so far. I say this because taking out the Bolt shot won't mess me up since I'm one of the few people who doesn't use it unless I've picked it up. And people can have there PeePee shooter on vehicles during BtB. To me this is problem solved.

Btw just because you take Boltshot away won't keep people from camping, nor make it less. I got that last sentence off my chest finally. TY and if nothing gets changed it won't matter because I'm sure that it's not gonna keep most people in FC from playing every sunday anyway.

Just because it doesn't mess you up doesn't mean it won't mess other people up, You shouldn't have a say because i'm sure you just die a lot from Bolt shots and it's prob the reason why you defend getting rid of it.

Cthulhu Cultist
    Blame Canada
    The Cake is a lie
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sinopera View Post
    Just because it doesn't mess you up doesn't mean it won't mess other people up, You shouldn't have a say because i'm sure you just die a lot from Bolt shots and it's prob the reason why you defend getting rid of it.
    By that logic you shouldn't have a say (nor should anyone who uses it) because they kill with it and they will defend keeping it.

We are trying to find a way that will make everyone happy, inconvenience very few in a minimal way. If you have anything to add, or a actual idea that may be better, we do want to hear it. Otherwise, let's try to keep this on topic and not let it get like the other topic did last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinopera View Post

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... they'll know my secret

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Al Capone111 View Post

In Heavy:
    -Edit OD rates
    -Edit OD items

In regular:
    -BS and PP on maps
    -Edit OD rates
    -Edit OD item

Didn't get the chance to take part of the testing but based off everyone's comments, this sounds like the best idea yet. Well to me that is.

REDD or BLUE Resistance comes through!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    Silko isn't an innate troublemaker, and doesn't intentionally break the rules.
    Co-Founder of the Resistance
    Undefeated on Reach

Quote Originally Posted by Silko View Post
    Didn't get the chance to take part of the testing but based off everyone's comments, this sounds like the best idea yet. Well to me that is.
    I concur.
    Former Field Marshal and General of the BLUE Army
    The Undisputed "Race" Champion of the Forerunner Conflict's 8th Anniversary Celebrations

Click here to buy some awesome apparel! Half of the profit from FC-related swag goes right back to FC!

Thread Information