Skynet is PARTIALLY ACTIVE
    RIP Cyberdyne
    RIP Net of the Sky

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: Mythonian

Re: The Official FC Podcast's Reveal

Quote Originally Posted by Toast78901 View Post
    I don't. Let us know myth if you need anything from us to put it on youtube. I don't know if you'd want to upload it, have us upload, etc.
    I can download it from the Podomatic site and upload it, but it would delay things.

I'm already working on doing it for this first podcast. I'll PM you two with details for future episodes.
    Having trouble on the site? Need an Admin?
    PM me or Metkil5685, we're always online...

Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    I can download it from the Podomatic site and upload it, but it would delay things.

I'm already working on doing it for this first podcast. I'll PM you two with details for future episodes.
    Sounds good.

RvBR/FC Veteran. 7 years

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: kazinsser

Pretty good first episode. Here's a few responses I had throughout the episode (typed them in notepad while listening to it).

• I agree completely that the only way to improve Forge is for them to make the transition from "Map Editor" to "Map Creator".
    • Also, both of you kept saying that Reach maps sucked because they took them from campaign. *Sigh*. Bungie has stated countless times that every single multiplayer map was made as a multiplayer map and integrated into single player (not the other way around). The Reach maps definitely sucked but in my opinion it was due (mostly) to the non-universal sprint and the insane verticality of the Reach Jetpack. Because of this it was understandably very difficult for them to balance each map to encompass all armor abilities fairly (but especially those two).
    • As far as "visible rank in-game" from the infographic, they're referring to the upcoming rank system, CSR. 343 has decided that they will deter cheaters (boosters, derankers, lag switchers) as well as the account-trading/selling market by making it so that CSR will only ever be visible from Halo Waypoint. Many people want it visible in-game, either next to their gamertag or even just on the Service Record, for a variety of reasons. Some of the more common ones off the top of my head are 1)the ability to quickly check your teammates' (and opponents') skill levels, 2)the desire to keep the experience "in-house" rather than have to have Waypoint open next to you all the time, and of course 3)simply bragging rights.
    • The best reasoning for the "Red X" removal that I can think of is that 343 probably thought that it was more benificial to have their weapon waypoints. Considering that they even removed the ability to see what secondary you're holding because they thought it cluttered the UI too much I'd imagine that they thought having both weapon waypoints and the "Red X" was too cluttered for their tastes.

Also, FC Podcast subsection, anyone?

Really good podcast you guys sound really professional keep it up

Indeed it is a good podcast. Make it a regular thing, or i will cut you with a lightsaber.

Blog Posts

Xbox 360:
    If you turn a full 360 you walk away??
    ... I'm pretty sure you would just walk right back into it..
    probably look like a total dumb ass just standing up and spinning around then sitting back down and continue playing after every game.

xD

- - - Updated - - -

great podcast overall though guys!.

Website Administrator
    Skynet is PARTIALLY ACTIVE
    RIP Cyberdyne
    RIP Net of the Sky

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: Mythonian

Uploaded it to YouTube, but had to remove the intro/break/outro music due to copyright issues...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iczGNJKMPVE
    Having trouble on the site? Need an Admin?
    PM me or Metkil5685, we're always online...

FC Podcast Co-Host
    Useless without Jam

Quote Originally Posted by KazuhLLL View Post
    Also, both of you kept saying that Reach maps sucked because they took them from campaign. *Sigh*. Bungie has stated countless times that every single multiplayer map was made as a multiplayer map and integrated into single player (not the other way around).
    We were referring more to where they pulled firefight maps from. I see where you're coming from though Kaz, and apologize for any kind of confusion lol.

As far as "visible rank in-game" from the infographic, they're referring to the upcoming rank system, CSR. 343 has decided that they will deter cheaters (boosters, derankers, lag switchers) as well as the account-trading/selling market by making it so that CSR will only ever be visible from Halo Waypoint. Many people want it visible in-game, either next to their gamertag or even just on the Service Record, for a variety of reasons. Some of the more common ones off the top of my head are 1)the ability to quickly check your teammates' (and opponents') skill levels, 2)the desire to keep the experience "in-house" rather than have to have Waypoint open next to you all the time, and of course 3)simply bragging rights.
    Thanks for the info. We knew someone here would know what they meant

[*]The best reasoning for the "Red X" removal that I can think of is that 343 probably thought that it was more benificial to have their weapon waypoints. Considering that they even removed the ability to see what secondary you're holding because they thought it cluttered the UI too much I'd imagine that they thought having both weapon waypoints and the "Red X" was too cluttered for their tastes.
    Well that's gay xD

Also, FC Podcast subsection, anyone?
    This. Although, I feel we haven't earned it yet. Let us prove our worth with a few episodes first xD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk570 View Post
    Really good podcast you guys sound really professional keep it up
    Quote Originally Posted by RaZ Vader View Post
    Indeed it is a good podcast. Make it a regular thing, or i will cut you with a lightsaber.
    We plan to keep it regular and good. Glad to hear its been seen as both entertaining and professional like. Wouldn't fit the title of Official FC Podcast if it wasn't such, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zucav View Post
    Xbox 360:
    If you turn a full 360 you walk away??
    ... I'm pretty sure you would just walk right back into it..
    great podcast overall though guys!.
    Hence the point of me saying it was a horrible joke, Z lol. So horrible, I love it and want to continue it with another console

"Toast was a pointless invention from the Dark Ages. Toast was an implement of torture that caused all those subjected to it to regurgitate in verbal form the sins and crimes of their past lives. Toast was a ritual item devoured by fetishists in the belief that it would enhance their kinetic and sexual powers. Toast cannot be explained by any rational means.
    Toast is me. I am Toast."

Really awesome

Thread Information