Useless without Toast Jam Cliché's Avatar
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: jamcliche

Reforming the Media Branch

We have a lot of spices that we add to FC to fuel our community and battles.

There's the Video Department, Forge Department, Statbook, (possible revival of) Universal Recruitment, Battle Night Challenge Department, and the Media Branch has become a bit rough around the edges trying to contain all these forums. Is there some way we could either rearrange the Media Branch or make a new category for FC "Extracurricular Activities"? I also would like to see the FC Podcast find its way to bigger part of the site, perhaps give it a spot in News and Updates and have it announced over the forums like other big things?

Each of these things are also suffering from stagnated activity lately.

Video Department: When's the last time we got a Commentary Vid?
    Forge Department: Are there any meetings anymore, or does Myth just handle it by himself?
    Statbook: You're welcome for my boredom...
    Universal Recruitment: Even if we don't do neutral Boot Camps, we really need to recruit!
    BNCD: No challenges for two weeks now
    Podcast: Toast says he has just over 20 listens. I don't want that to die.

There is so much we do surrounding Battles, and so many people still wanting to make a difference, that we should really think about getting some ease of access to these features. I know it would certainly help Myth not to have to do all of it by himself...

Real power comes from the man next to you and is built on the foundations of brotherhood and unity. There is no such thing as a one man army.

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: kazinsser

Re: Reforming the Media Branch

Quote Originally Posted by Jam Cliché View Post
    BNCD: No challenges for two weeks now
    Last night was the first night the BNCD missed this whole war. Just sayin' :P

Also, the forge department is pretty much nonexistant, and has been for a while. For the majority of the time since I came back last October, I was the only one to help Myth with the forging, and since my decline of activity (in that area) Myth seems to have given up the whole department. (Understandably so, IMO.)

If the Forge Dept could get up and running, the BNCD would get smoother as well and we'd be able to give more map-specific challenges than the general ones we've been doing as of late.

Useless without Toast Jam Cliché's Avatar
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: jamcliche

Re: Reforming the Media Branch

Quote Originally Posted by KazuhLLL View Post
    Last night was the first night the BNCD missed this whole war. Just sayin' :P
    My bad. I did not see last week's.

But yes, that is the idea I am presenting. We need to breathe new life into our activities and make participation easier to find on our website.

Real power comes from the man next to you and is built on the foundations of brotherhood and unity. There is no such thing as a one man army.

Thread Information