Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Re: Better Battle Nights

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy View Post
    We have plenty of higher skilled people who don't give two shits what their squad's skill level is: You, W3z, Zeke, Dark Remalf, Raptor, Barry, Fernando.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernando Naranj View Post
    Love you too
    Jk, you're not high skilled.
    I'm gonna print that out and frame it on my wall
    "Different name, same fate."
    Quote Originally Posted by WM Feedback View Post
    I (Feedback) tried to flank them Barry Soap style, but it didn't really work out and I just ended up hiding a lot
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
    Damn you barry, being seductive to all those recruits by painting vivid, purdy imagery with your words.

Double D Masters
    Scottish Warrior
    Blog Posts

Pfft 1v1 me on yolo sweg BK

This is being used tonight on a trial basis

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet
    FM For 6 wars spanning 3 generations

Livestreams
    View Channel: Yehsus

Yeah, he's high Scottish.

et ducit mundum per luce

Double D Masters
    Scottish Warrior
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OcR Yehsus View Post
    Yeah, he's high Scottish.
    So, many things i could say, however I'll let you figure it out Yehsus

Livestreams
    View Channel: Yehsus

Quote Originally Posted by Fernando Naranj View Post
    So, many things i could say, however I'll let you figure it out Yehsus
    THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE HIGHLAAAAAAAANNNNDERRR

et ducit mundum per luce

Elite BLUE Veteran
    Spirit of Hope
    Vacuus Quietis
    Psalms of Planets
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OcR Yehsus View Post
    THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE HIGHLAAAAAAAANNNNDERRR
    lol
    "I bought a xbox one to watch my team suck in HD"

Remember
    RedWatch

DarkSail Raiders
    Apple Fanboy

No squad would be dissolved. No one would be forced anywhere. It doesn't take the "entire community" to "submit" to anything, it only takes a few souls volunteering to enjoy a different unit, and the skilled units being willing to take in recruits regardless of skill (WHICH btw, should be a requirement of being a squad in this community, this shouldn't even be negotiable from the beginning).

Only takes a few heavy hitters to change a squad's morale, and their performance. Look at what happened to Marauder when they lost Barry.

Only a few individuals have to volunteer. That's it. All the squads themselves have to do is open other members with open arms, and if they can't do that, I give up.
    If it doesn't take the entire community to consent, why don't you just do it with the volunteers you already have and why make a big deal out of it? If it seems like this idea shouldn't even be discussed if all it takes is a few volunteers (which it seems like you already have with Zeke and Friends). Just have the volunteers divide up and let's see how it goes.

I don't get on every Sunday just to play the same team 6 times straight, that's not a war that's a weekly grudge match for zero reason.
    This is where we really differ on opinions. I want a system like this as long as my opponent is about the same skill level and I have a shot at winning every time we play.

As for, again, combining skilled people into low skilled squads, we CANNOT condone higher skilled people to whine their way into a group with more high skilled people in a friggin' community like this. ANY system that allows that is continuing the problem we have and the problem you're stating. We have plenty of higher skilled people who don't give two shits what their squad's skill level is: You, W3z, Zeke, Dark Remalf, Raptor, Barry, Fernando. If we have people who are so culturally different than us that they cannot stand playing in a lower skilled unit, chances are they're assholes anyway. I've yet to meet anyone who will ONLY play with high skilled people, but still loved FC the way we do. It goes against our principals. Why even allow it? Isolating them in any way is... seriously, not getting to the point at all.
    I completely agree here, but what are you going to do with the people who still feel like it is okay to play only with their other high skilled friends? Kick them out of FC? You just listed off several people who don't care, but I'm sure there are many more people that you would consider high skilled that do care who they play with.

And if one squad wants to be dicks and exempt themselves, they can feel free, but the other 90% of us will be balanced.
    This is the one problem I have with you system. What are you going to do to "punish" the squad(s) that don't want to participate in this depolarization? Leaving one or two squads as is will just let all of the changes go to waste because we still will have terrible match ups that people don't enjoy playing. The only difference will be now there isn't a single team that can at least be competitive because everybody else has been balanced out to a much lower level.

I said this before... Higher skilled squads get lower skilled recruits and vice versa. Not exclusively of course, but the idea is not to let the polarization run rampant. Maybe you get 2 new guys who wanted to transfer from divinity. Idfk, the possibilities are endless, I wont sit here and explain the 50+ ways it would be solved, but I will say that NOTHING would be forced, ever.
    I understand that high skilled squads get lower skilled recruits, I'm saying what happens when a squad has matured to 16-20 players and has trained and grown over time to become more skilled than the general average? You can't just keep adding more players to an already large squad because there still will be fire teams that want to stick together with their friends who they have been training with. I feel like there have been several situations where squads that were able to grow significantly in skill due to practice and effort. Maybe the solution is just to keep adding players to a squad with no upper bounds on squad size? I'm just wondering how this very real situation would be addressed because it most likely will happen and I'd rather not just get stuck back where we started if we make tons of progress at the start of the next war.

Proper leadership. FM should be looking at this and making sure teams are balanced and everyone is getting equal playing time. FMs sit out of playing on battles for these such reasons. If FMs can't do that, we're already fucked for leadership anyway. It's an FM-Squad Leader dynamic that need be kept in check. As with everything else, it's leadership's responsibility to ensure stability, balance, and growth. This falls under that umbrella.
    Then fingers crossed we get some good leadership.

I completely agree here, but what are you going to do with the people who still feel like it is okay to play only with their other high skilled friends? Kick them out of FC? You just listed off several people who don't care, but I'm sure there are many more people that you would consider high skilled that do care who they play with.
    "The right leadership can move mountains from Antarctica to the North Pole."

I understand that high skilled squads get lower skilled recruits, I'm saying what happens when a squad has matured to 16-20 players and has trained and grown over time to become more skilled than the general average?
    New recruits of a lower skill. We'll never reach perfect balance. A squad that has succeeded to be above average =/= extreme polarity that ruins enjoyment for others.

Then fingers crossed we get some good leadership.
    Prepare thyself.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet
    FM For 6 wars spanning 3 generations

Remember
    RedWatch

DarkSail Raiders
    Apple Fanboy

New recruits of a lower skill. We'll never reach perfect balance. A squad that has succeeded to be above average =/= extreme polarity that ruins enjoyment for others.
    This is exactly why I suggested my system. No matter what we do with balancing we won't have perfect match ups. Instead of just forcing a rotation we can have some form of quantitative merit to determine who actually plays who based on a nightly performance metric. If the lots of people do join with MCC then we hopefully will have enough people that all squads don't actually have to play every other squad in the army.

Prepare thyself.
    DarkSail is prepared. We've been forming our voting coalition.

Thread Information