View Poll Results: What console are you (most likely) getting and when?

Voters
153. You may not vote on this poll
  • Xbox One within first month of release

46 30.07%
  • Xbox One within first year of release

89 58.17%
  • Playstation 4 within first month of release

13 8.50%
  • Playstation 4 within first year of release

25 16.34%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 22 of 56 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox One vs PS4

Reclaimer of the Mantle Graycochea's Avatar

Re: Xbox One vs PS4

Here's a question I have for the Xbox camp. Will one need the space required for the Kinect to operate the whole ball of wax? If I do get an X1, I'll probably plant an armchair right in front of the TV. Would that hinder my ability to play games?
    Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    Well, guess I'll refer Gray then.
    Quote Originally Posted by W3z4b1 View Post
    Gray for FM
    "Full circle. A new terror born in death,
    a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend."

Quote Originally Posted by Revan View Post
    Here's a question I have for the Xbox camp. Will one need the space required for the Kinect to operate the whole ball of wax? If I do get an X1, I'll probably plant an armchair right in front of the TV. Would that hinder my ability to play games?
    No, it wont. They have stated the new connect is completely optional to use. it also works in closer proximity than the old kinect (the spent a lot of time and money on this thing making it a great piece of tech... one of my teachers got to play with one (using and coding for) for a day and he said he really enjoyed what it could do and the possibilities... and it was just a prototype model.

i like how microsoft is being like "HERE now every one is going to have the same tech and Developers can do cool shit with it because they know you have it" When your working with less variables while making a game it allows you to be more creative and do what you want.

Whats your zombie plan?
    There are two kinds of people in this world; those that have a plan prepared for when the zombies take over the Earth, and those who don't.
    We call those last people DINNER

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: kazinsser

Quote Originally Posted by Revan View Post
    It's been described as easily usable and responsive from as close as ~3 feet away to as far as ~12 feet away/

Quote Originally Posted by Fiery Grave View Post
    Rei here you go... xbox webiste everything you been "researching"
    http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/license
    look through all the things and it will tell you the truth...
    raz you can play the game at any friends house any time as long as you bring your profile with you (which i do personally, cause its a party of me and I want my saves!)
    Well look at that. Someone pays attention. Ok you got that one sir. I guess I will give it a month or so after launch to see how much truth there is to what microsoft is saying.
    "No More Miss Nice Bear Time To Bring Out My Claws"

Violent by Design

Quote Originally Posted by xXReiBearXx View Post
    Well look at that. Someone pays attention. Ok you got that one sir. I guess I will give it a month or so after launch to see how much truth there is to what microsoft is saying.
    I don't think they'd make official statements like that if there wasn't any truth behind them. but have fun on the ps4 bandwagon.

It is possible people just want the PS4 because they like what it offers? Without certain restrictions it is imposing?

eh. I am not on this "bandwagon" So I hate when people refer people as "band-wagoners" that legitimately want the ps4 for legitimate reasons. I mean.. look what the PS4 offers:

• Free Game every month. All Year for + Owners
    • Option to play offline if you don't have a stable connection
    • Can travel with your PS4 without restrictions (great for our military folk)
    • A controller that has the ability to immerse you even more with gameplay

I mean even if Microsoft will change a few things here and their, I still don't like how their support treats customers with the idea of well get an X360 if you don't have a connection attitude.

IDK, for me this is about money, and immersing my experience with a console that I feel will best fit my needs. I am sure others feel the same with the X1.

Let us remember that this is just a gaming console, and these petty arguments really don't matter. Things may or may not change up until release. So yeah, let's all wait. Microsoft may announce even more, Sony may too.

But the thing I don't understand with the concept of having to install games on Xbox One, is that wouldn't it use up all your 500GB memory pretty quickly? Depending on several factors of course, like the amount of games you end up getting, the amount of updates installed and DLC? Sounds to me, that you'll end up forking out $80 to get a new hard drive every so often, spanning the full life/ decade or so with the Xbox One.

Personally, I'll be making the jump to PS4 as I don't care much about the Kinect and the TV features/ services (which won't even be available to the UK I'll add.) Plus the Xbox One, just sounds like a 'restrictive' console with all these new policies; you can't simply lend a game to a friend, you can't simply sell your games anymore, and it forks out the fingers to those who perhaps live in rural areas where internet isn't exactly a strong point.

Anyway, coming back to my original point, I'll be getting the PS4 simply because it seems to be a console that is focused on gamers and keeps with the traditions even more so, as well as being a lot cheaper (main selling point for me) for a console that has similar and one or two superior specs to the Xbox One.
    "Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty."
    ON THE WATCH
    REMEMBER REACH

The Voice of Reason
    Skynet's Army
    Blog Posts

will people quit bitching about one console or another? there are somethings that one does over the other, it has always been like that, everyone has their legitimate reasons as to why they want a specific console, there are no bandwagons, no cults, just people planning on getting what they want. its their money, not ours so let them get what they want and be done with it

Quote Originally Posted by RainRequiem View Post
    But the thing I don't understand with the concept of having to install games on Xbox One, is that wouldn't it use up all your 500GB memory pretty quickly? Depending on several factors of course, like the amount of games you end up getting, the amount of updates installed and DLC? Sounds to me, that you'll end up forking out $80 to get a new hard drive every so often, spanning the full life/ decade or so with the Xbox One.

Personally, I'll be making the jump to PS4 as I don't care much about the Kinect and the TV features/ services (which won't even be available to the UK I'll add.) Plus the Xbox One, just sounds like a 'restrictive' console with all these new policies; you can't simply lend a game to a friend, you can't simply sell your games anymore, and it forks out the fingers to those who perhaps live in rural areas where internet isn't exactly a strong point.

Anyway, coming back to my original point, I'll be getting the PS4 simply because it seems to be a console that is focused on gamers and keeps with the traditions even more so, as well as being a lot cheaper (main selling point for me) for a console that has similar and one or two superior specs to the Xbox One.
    Those reasons sum up my reasoning as well at this point.

Except the restrictions will be about the same for each console, but if you want to sell your hard-copy it may be different. I am still unsure. Microsoft seems unclear of their actions at this point. I don't like that either. No matter what statistic or fact you throw out at anyone, it is the premiss of the matter.

Gamers have a funny feeling with Microsoft. Call it what you will. But it just seems shady. Eh. My feelings may be misguided or not needed. Either way... We will wait to see if anything changes. The Price being one of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut9473 View Post
    will people quit bitching about one console or another? there are somethings that one does over the other, it has always been like that, everyone has their legitimate reasons as to why they want a specific console, there are no bandwagons, no cults, just people planning on getting what they want. its their money, not ours so let them get what they want and be done with it

Quote Originally Posted by bl4yze View Post
    I don't think they'd make official statements like that if there wasn't any truth behind them. but have fun on the ps4 bandwagon.

Um there are always rumors that spread about gaming consoles waaaay before they are even announced. Therefore unless it is stated on the OFFICIAL website will I believe that there is truth. I had looked on the xbox websites and there was no mention to shut down the rumors until now. And I will have fun on ps4 thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut9473 View Post
    I agree. I am not bitching just stating why i don't want a xbox one. Regardless of what is being said I don't see why I cant just get a ps4 unless someone who strongly disagreess wants to buy me a xbox one lol
    "No More Miss Nice Bear Time To Bring Out My Claws"

Thread Information