Useless without Toast Jam Cliché's Avatar
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: jamcliche

Re: BOLT SHOT

Quote Originally Posted by THExSPIDERMAN View Post
    No, it stays.
    I didn't know it was your decision.

Real power comes from the man next to you and is built on the foundations of brotherhood and unity. There is no such thing as a one man army.

I never said it was. I'm just saying what's going to happen. No need for a smart-ass reply.

Elite BLUE Veteran
    Spirit of Hope
    Vacuus Quietis
    Psalms of Planets
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by THExSPIDERMAN View Post
    I never said it was. I'm just saying what's going to happen. No need for a smart-ass reply.
    it may or may not happen
    "I bought a xbox one to watch my team suck in HD"

haha this thread is still popular!

Quote Originally Posted by XxCptNICK94xX View Post
    it may or may not happen
    There's no chance of it happening. It would be too hard to monitor, and the difference between people who want it out and people who want it in is too small.

Donkey is right about the sword counter thing (mobility+sword=invincibl e) but It kinda makes the sword useless cuz the sword guy and boltshot guy almost always die together, I voted to keep it because its easy to trick the boltsot guy(just jump just before they shoot) its an easy way to get a kill for me so its a good thing and a bad thing at the same time, but I would still like to keep it.

I don't see a good reason for the boltshot to have ever been placed in the game, let alone be tolerated. As Myth said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    The niche of the boltshot is an anti-melee, anti-shotgun soft-counter.
    That niche doesn't fit anywhere in Halo. Spawning with an anti-melee weapon results in melee combat being suffocated. Spawning with ANOTHER counter to CQC weapons is unnecessary; grenades, particularly frags, already fit this role well. The weapon was added as a crutch for bad players who could not perform well in CQC combat, and due to its effectiveness is now being abused by nearly everyone.

Removing it doesn't require designing gametypes that remove it for us. What do we do about teabagging? We punish anyone who partakes in it. Is that concept really so difficult to apply to a weapon? Anyone who uses it gets punished. Simple as that. It doesn't drastically change the game, but it does makes battle nights more enjoyable for more people, just like the teabagging ban does.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: kazinsser

Quote Originally Posted by ClearorangeZero View Post
    I don't see a good reason for the boltshot to have ever been placed in the game, let alone be tolerated. As Myth said:That niche doesn't fit anywhere in Halo. Spawning with an anti-melee weapon results in melee combat being suffocated. Spawning with ANOTHER counter to CQC weapons is unnecessary; grenades, particularly frags, already fit this role well. The weapon was added as a crutch for bad players who could not perform well in CQC combat, and due to its effectiveness is now being abused by nearly everyone.

Removing it doesn't require designing gametypes that remove it for us. What do we do about teabagging? We punish anyone who partakes in it. Is that concept really so difficult to apply to a weapon? Anyone who uses it gets punished. Simple as that. It doesn't drastically change the game, but it does makes battle nights more enjoyable for more people, just like the teabagging ban does.

lol

Thread Information